“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Boynton Beach
Spotsylvania, Virginia
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Spent 3 nights there in 2 rooms with my family and my sons equestrian trainer. The rooms were neat and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a good location with plenty of parking. The pool is nice but spa could use some help, It wasn't very hot and the jets barely worked. Minor problem:First day only 1 coffee cup (two reg. coffee packets), next day no coffee cups, but the packets were replaced.

I do have one issue with the hotel. As a Marriott Platinum Premier member, I sent an e-mail via the hotel's website inquiring about an upgrade since I had booked 2 single rooms on points and would prefer a single room with two bedrooms which wasn't an option with points but was available for cash. I received a conformation e-mail that my e-mail had been sent, but never heard back. I then sent an e-mail to Front.Desk@CourtyardBoyntonBeach.com ATTN:GM. Also never received a response. I called the day of the arrival and talked to someone at the front desk. I explained I had sent two emails and never received a response. She said she was new but would go to talk to the manager that receives those emails and call me back. Never received a call back. I understand upgrades are not always available, but what is not acceptable is no response. A simple "its not available" would had sufficed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Patrick H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boynton Beach, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Good morning,

First off I would like to thank you for staying with us here at the Courtyard Marriott while you were visiting Boynton Beach. Also I would like to sincerely apologize that no one responded to your email. I have to say that honestly we dropped the ball on that email request. It was brought to my attention that you would like to make the change to your reservation and I authorized that change to be made. Unfortunately no one ever conveyed that to you thus you were unable to get what you wanted. I am truly sorry that this occurred, especially as you are a Platinum Member and spend most of your nights with the Marriott Brand. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention so that we can repair the communication error that took place. Thank you for your feedback as well as your Loyalty to Marriott!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed here from March 12th to the 19th. Although I was a bit disappointed in the "lounge" area and the snack bar....the young lady at the desk was pleasant and accomodating. The rooms were clean and the housekeeping staff was more than competent. The lobby was kept clean and unlike other reviewers I did not see people running inside without shoes.

The area that disappointed was the pool area. Everything was clearly outdated and somewhat dilapidated. There was black dirt under the umbrellas, the lounge chairs were ripped and dirty, but the spa was an absolute disgrace. I am a health care professional and was astounded at the condition of the spa....the water was dirty with scum floating on top in all the corners, the tile looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in months and most of the jets were nonfunctional. I had been traveling with an elderly getnleman and a man who is presently receiving chemo and both were looking forward to relaxing in the spa. I went to the front desk to report this and was assured it would be fixed. The next day I inquired if it had been cleaned and was assured it was. Upon arriving at the spa we found that it was exactly the same. This time, one of the gentlemen spoke to the manager and was assured it would be handled. Shortly afterward two men arived, looked at the spa and walked of. We were hopeful that this meant something would be done, however after several hours we realized that things were not going to change.

It is a shame that the simple task of cleaning a spa could not be accomplished to have made this a lovely vacation stay.

L. Twomey

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Patrick H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boynton Beach, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
I would like to thank you for choosing our Courtyard Marriott while in Boynton Beach, Florida. I also would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your stay.
I apologize about the condition of the pool area and the spa, someone should have responded right away and cleaned the spa so that you were then able to enjoy it. I certainly will look into what went wrong with it not getting cleaned.
I ordered new pool furniture, chairs, chaise lounges and umbrellas to replace the existing furniture. The 8 umbrellas have already made it to property and were set up last week and they look great.
Again, thank you for your feedback as it is the most valuable tool we have to enhance our Guest's experience and I hope you continue your loyalty to Marriott.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

the lady at the desk did not help me at all. she insist of not finding my reservation. while calling the reservation office she cancelled my reservation. how did i know? because i received an email while on the phone. she keeps saying there's no room because she gave away my room! I asked for a manager to talk to talked to that day but she said there's nothing she cannot do. She needs to be educated. she needs to learn how to communicate with their customers. She needs to learn how to fix problem and don;t just say " I CANT DO ANYTHING!" SUPER TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Room Tip: do not go to this branch!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Patrick H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boynton Beach, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Good evening,

I would like to extend my apologies with your recent experience at our Courtyard Marriott Boynton Beach. I would really like the opportunity to speak with you further about this matter. If you would be so kind as to email me some additional information it will be my pleasure to look into this further. Again, I apologize about the situation but I am in need of some additional information to better understand what transpired. Please email me at your earliest convenience at Front.Desk@CourtyardBoyntonBeach.com, attention GM
Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

What a disappointment. On entering this hotel we found that the Reception, Bar, Food Services and tables for eating the food were all situated in one and the same place. Children were running around and shouting, having a tea party at 9pm; and some adults did not wear anything on their feet! When we pointed this out to the girl on reception she didn't seem to care. The night staff were all young people and there was not a mature adult working in sight.

Our room smelt vile and so we asked for another room; but that too had the same foul stench. When we asked for a refund we were told that as we had booked through Expedia we should take it up with them!!!!

The bedding had not been ironed; there was no safe in the room and the hotel looked very tired with pictures sitting on shelves instead of hanging on the walls.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Good evening,

I do apologize about your experience not being a memorable one here at our Courtyard Marriott Boynton Beach. We are a select service hotel so we do have our Bistro and Market located in our lobby area. We do have seating conveniently located in our lobby for our guests that use the Bistro and or market. As far as other guests walking in the lobby without shoes, our pool is located right out the side door so we do have children as well as adults walking back and forth and sometimes with no shoes. Again, I do apologize if this Courtyard Marriott was not what you were expecting but I hope you keep your loyalty with the Marriott Brand. Thank you for your feedback as well, without these type of sites and guests voicing their experiences we would never be able to improve our overall service. Thank you
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

After Marriot Dadeland this was a step down Nice drive North in a very nice limo though, to a two storey hotel with a small food bar that did not open early enough for our 7 oclock pick up. the hotel lifts and pool were full of "snowbirds" who I am given to understand are retired citizens of North USA who fly south for the winter and then Zimmer around from room to pool yelling at each other ( if you know of Howard,s mother from BB theory - multiply by 10) The room was basic on the 2nd floor and had a neat little balcony you could stand on and watch the pool. WiFi was good.
Lots of good eateries a short walk in either direction we tried an Italian place that was good and further along the same road Bonefish which was very good.

Room Tip: Odd numbers face the inner courtyard which can be nicer
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Patrick H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boynton Beach, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time of out your day to provide feedback of your visit to Boynton Beach. We do in fact have a lot of guests that stay every winter year here at our Hotel and it is a very busy time as well. It is their home away from home during the very cold winter up north, especially this year. I sincerely appreciate your feedback as well as your loyalty to Marriott. I hope you come back to visit Boynton Beach very soon.
Paramus, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

The manager is not doing their job. The rooms are nice, although it took me 15 minutes of jiggling the wires on the TV to get it to work, The people at the front desk are downright rude. I walked into the lobby at about 9PM after a very long day, the woman at the desk didnt even look up and just said "Name". a hello would have been nice! I went down to the lobby a few minute later to print my boarding pass for the next day. The stations set up for boarding pass only did not connect to the internet, one of the 2 PCs in the business center did not connect either, After waiting 15 minutes while another guest was searching for "Guitar Picks" on Google, I went to the front desk for help, the same woman acted annoyed that I was bothering her.

The next morning we checked out, loaded the bags into the car and my wife went in and saked where there was coffee. Jessica told her that there was a Starbucks, but for her there was plain coffee available.

I don't know who the manager is, but sham on them for having 2 employees who are so rude. I rin my own company and I can tell you that the attitude towards the customer starts at the top and filters down.

I have stayed at countless Marriott brand hotels through the years, I will never return to this one.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Patrick H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boynton Beach, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Good afternoon,

I first would like to thank you for staying with us at our Courtyard Marriott in Boynton Beach. Secondly I would like to apologize about the service you recieved and the issues with the Boarding Pass computers. I expect the same level of service from the Hotel Staff that you also have come to expect and the fact that you did not recieve that service is upsetting to me. I will take immediate action to ensure better service is being provided to all our guests. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and thank you for your loyalty to Marriott.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Business brings me to this area quite frequently. I had tried a couple of hotels by the West Palm Beach Airport with very bad results (you can check out my reviews of those too). A colleague recommended this hotel, and it was such an improvement over the airport hotels. It's a bit further away from my business meetings, but the extra 15 minutes in driving time was well worth it. A couple of annoying things, when you first turn the TV on there is only sound. You have to turn in off and then on again to get both picture and sound. The hotel is aware of this issue but for whatever reason hasn't implemented a permanent solution. I talked to a number of other guests during my stay and every single one of them had this same problem with the TV. Also, none of the four computers in the business center were able to access the Delta website or print my boarding pass. It seems like it may be a firewall or pop-up issue. but I've noticed other people complain about this in their review so the hotel really needs to address this issue. Other than that, a very comfortable and clean hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Boynton Beach? Share your experiences!