“A bit dated, but does the job.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 12 hotels in Boynton Beach
Tampa
“A bit dated, but does the job.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

While most hotels in south Florida are overpriced in the winter...this one was no exception. the service was fine and the front desk staff was friendly. Rooms need to be overhauled. For as much as they charge for a room, you would think that they could replace the sign on the 2nd floor that displays "Ice and Vending" There is NO vending...just ice....lack of attention to details at a business is a pet peeve with me. I never have thought that the Marriott brand provided much value, and my mind has not changed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

143 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is the third time I have stayed at this hotel and it is a prefect hotel with sufficient services. The rooms were clean and large. The pool and the Jaccuzi were heated very well. When you book as k to have a room facing the pool on the upper floors.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

When we walked in the room we were hit with a wall of sickly sweet floral smell. We opened the window and door to clear out the room, to no avail. I asked about changing rooms, but the only other one available had a similar problem. I was told that it was their policy to spray after the rooms are cleaned. We realized that part of the problem was the sheets had been sprayed so we ordered a new set of sheets and blankets and tossed the old ones in the hallway. Then we had an ozone machine overnight to get rid of the remaining smell. Are you kidding me? What are they thinking?
On the plus side - the bed was comfortable and it is a great location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Northampton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I had a 4-day stay here recently, and were generally happy with our experience, with the glaring exception of the fact that we had a flood in our bathroom every time we took a shower, and eventually had to change rooms mid-stay. Our request to remain in a first-floor room facing the lovely courtyard was honored, however, and the manager removed the charge for one of the nights of our stay. Our room was pleasant and clean, but in need of a paint job and general spiffing up. Like another reviewer, I was disappointed that there was not coffee available 24/7; I'm an early riser and have always enjoyed staying at Courtyard Marriotts and being able to sit in the lobby (or in warmer climes, outside in the courtyard) at about 5:30 AM with a cup of coffee & my laptop. But all in all, I'd give it a B+, with kudos to the staff who were consistently helpful and patient.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Davis, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed here a few years ago on business and have stayed at other Courtyards since. I was looking forward to the 24/7 coffee they had before. I checked in last night and was told by the front desk this morning that they discontinued the coffee this week and I'd have to buy it at the Bistro when it opened at 6:30.

I read to the front desk person the sentence under "Guest Services" in the book in my room: "Complementary coffee available in the lobby 24/7." I was counting on it! I have an early business meeting and am still on California time!

She also told me that Marriott decided to get rid of the coffee in ALL Courtyards. BOOOOOOO. That was one of the things I really enjoyed about them and would book Courtyards on purpose. Not anymore. Booo on Marriott and Booo on this one for having misleading information and not living up to the printed information in the rooms! (I would think they could have offered me a voucher for coffee in the Bistro to make it right, too. Boooo again!)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The title states it all. The location is wonderful and near many things. From shopping to restaurants, everything is an easy stroll away. Regarding the property itself, the rooms are past their prime and are in need of a makeover. The rooms arent bad, and for $79 a night this would be 4 stars. For $150 a night which is what I paid, I expect more. The rooms are clean, but need to be painted and detail needs to be paid to the small stuff.

Also something worth mentioning, I was there over the weekend and felt that there simply was not enough front desk staff. There was a hoard of 20 drunk guests in the lobby yelling over a sporting event. There was 1 front desk person for a Saturday who was running around unsuccessfully trying to keep everything in control. I didnt understand with a full hotel why there would be just 1 front desk person.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Fountain Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We have stayed here more than once. It's a fine property. It has gotten a little older and worn, but it is still clean and convenient.

The location is very good, with lots of great restaurants and shopping very close by. It is about three miles from I-95.

They are in competition with another good name hotel in the area. We have also stayed there and prefer it. But, so long as Marriott keeps their prices lower than the other hotel, we will most likely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Boynton Beach? Share your experiences!