“Local Fishing and Exciting Boating to See!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Bodies of Water, Outdoors
Activities: Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: An easily accessible fishing spot in Palm Beach County. Also known for diving opportunities.
Boynton Beach, Florida
28 attraction reviews
“Local Fishing and Exciting Boating to See!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We live in Boynton Beach, and my husband loves to fish here on a fairly regular basis. Our family has gone to this particular area several times. The pier is a favorite hangout for locals. The water can get rough depending on the time of day and the weather. Just the other day, when my husband was there, they actually shut the pier down due to high waves. My kids especially enjoy walking under the bridge beside the inlet, because it's always interesting watching the boats trying to get through. They have to go pretty quickly because the water in the inlet pass through is very, very rough.

Since Boynton Beach is about where the gulf stream starts (at least, that is what they say), the water is often a very lovely color around here, especially as you view it from the pier. The beach is fairly quiet along the pier, but it can be rough, and the sand washes away a good bit in this particular area. However, it is a nice place to walk, and sometimes, good for swimming. If you go further down the beach, toward Ocean Ridge, I think it's called, the beach water seems to get a bit calmer.

There is a fairly small parking lot just by the inlet, and a lot of people fish on that side, as well. It is just across the street from the pier. You will notice that the driveway to get there is quite steep. The parking is free, but it does close at dark, and you will get locked in; at least, it appears that will happen. There is parking across the waterway, as well, and it has much, much more parking, along with restrooms and a snack bar of some type. There is a sheriff's station, or something of that nature right there, as well. In addition, there are places to sit over there.

We have been to this particular location a good bit. What I like about it is that it's free, there is parking, the pier is pretty large and good for fishing, and it is usually fairly quiet. In addition, it seems/feels safe to me. Sure, I wouldn't leave my valuables out in the open, but people are friendly and nice and not just hanging around looking for trouble. Stop by and check it out if you are in the area!

Visited October 2013

Florida
“Danger of Boynton Inlet”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have been a boater for over 30 years...we still go out 3=4 times a week at this time of year.
BUT I have never,repeat never, experienced the anxiety
I have going in/out the Boynton Inlet. I know that it has to be opened...and I also know that it
SHOULD NOT be made bigger. I hope that there is an answer for having an inlet that is not
so potentially dangerous.

Visited November 2013
Florida
13 attraction reviews
“Great spot to spend a few hours watching the boats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I never knew this inlet existed, but we stopped at the parking lot on our way up A1A & WOW! First we were greeted by about 100 green parrots flying over the top of our heads. And then a huge center console fishing boat went zipping by at eye level and we could almost reach out and touch it!! The current is super swift thru here, so you have to get up on plane and the boats have to take turns going thru. We watched this for about an hour, couldn't take ours off the action. There is also a fishing pier to walk out on, and a nice quiet private beach. We met a really nice man walking his little dog and he says he comes there everyday, it's so peaceful. Will definitely go back!

Visited November 2013
Boynton Beach, Florida
24 attraction reviews
“Nice to hang out and watch the boats come & go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

What a beautiful little place to just go and hang out. Boating and people watching are great. People fish, picnic, tale-gate and generally have a good time. The inlet is tricky so it is not for novice boaters.

Visited March 2013
Greenwich, Connecticut
20 attraction reviews
“Very Fishy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Nice area. Lots of people fish there, thus the smell of fish is potent. Saw some people swimming. It probably can be relaxing, but other than watching people fish, I did not go swimming. If you are interested in fishing, you may want to visit Boynton Inlet.

Visited August 2013

Been to Boynton Inlet? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Boynton Inlet, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.