“Has ticks” 1 of 5 stars

Off of Hickory Boulevard, Bonita Springs, FL
Improve this listing
“Has ticks”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The last two time I've taken my dog there he's gotten ticks, I have my dog on flea and worm protection but found out it didn't cover ticks. So make sure your dog has tick protection before you take him there. It is beautiful and my dog loves it, I just hate the idea of ticks so be careful!

Windsor, Canada
“A fun side trip and I don't even have a dog!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and my 80+ year old mother sometimes vacation in Fort Myers during Xmas. We are always looking for different things to do, so when we found out about dog beach we thought it would be interesting (even though we don't even have a dog). We brought our chairs and plopped ourselves down on a small strip of sand. It was a very entertaining couple of hours. Dogs of all sizes and shapes having the time of their little furry lives! Running in and out of the water, playing with balls, frisbees etc. I had to laugh, one guy threw a frisbee for his dog and two other dogs joined in the fun! All the dogs got along--it is a real shame that sometimes people have experienced aggressive dogs. The first time we went there it was mostly dry sand from the parking lot to the water. The next time there was a couple inches of water and we couldn't go because it was too slippery for my mom. Another time, it was mucky sand which was also slippery,but I helped my mom and she made it safely.You do have to be careful walking, but it is also a very short walk (about one minute). Overall, it was a great afternoon---------Keep an eye on your things---when i got up to put my feet in the water a dog came by and decided to pee on my chair so I had to rinse it in the water.=== Port a John at entrance.

Visited December 2011
5 attraction reviews
“dogs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

my dog loves to go here, safe and he has alot of fun white sandy beaches, not to busy at all. let the dogs just romp in tne water

Lehigh Acres, Florida
“Fun”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Boats with people intoxicated anchor off shore which creates some horrendous waves for the dogs. Each time I visit, my dogs wind up sick.

Visited August 2012
Cape Coral, Florida
“I get sick everytime I go here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I have been there about 7 times now, I started bringing my white German Shepherd just so he could burn some energy, then a day or two later I come down with sinus infections, headaches, nausea, and ear pain, it goes away until I go to the beach again. On August 4th, my husband and I went there with the white shepherd and now a girl puppy white shepherd, again I got sick the next day and am still not feeling all that great. I see dogs poop and pee in the water and out, I don't think I can go there anymore because of the bacteria.

Visited August 2012