“A little weird..” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“A little weird..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

The decor in the restaurant is British, which is kind of odd for a Mexican place. The blood on the ground in front of the door a but disconcerting. The food was actually pretty decent, despite the surroundings.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Fort Myers, Florida
“Outstanding service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have been looking for some GOOD Mexican food since I moved to SWFL 18 months ago. Now I have found the best so far. Cute place on old 41. Maria's had been recommended to me by some of the locals, and I found it easily. I arrived at 5pm on a Saturday and there was only one table occupied. There were two gentlemen sitting there who had come up north from Naples. It was their first time there too. There were two things on my "I want" list: really good tamales, and some good mole' sauce. I found both at Maria's. The tamales were listed as appetizers and came three to an order. Definitely not appetizer size. I also ordered the enchilada dinner with mole sauce. Everything was quite good, and I brought home enough leftovers for 2 more meals.. Their salsa is quite good, however, their chips are thicker than I like and were somewhat greasy. Until I can find better, Maria's is my go-to place for Mexican food in SWFL.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Goodland, Florida
“DONT DO IT!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Only one server. He answered the phone before seating us. He wasn't a bad server he just didn't have enough staff. The white cheese queso sauce was disgusting. It was melted cheese on a metal plate. Just weird. ewww. Vegetarian options were none. The burritos had a cinnamon sauce that will make you vomit. All in all food was bad. Not enough staff. $7.00 margaritas were a joke. Oh bathrooms were soo nasty. Please redo your menu. No wonder there was no one there when we showed up.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Authentic Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I am lucky to have found this restaurant. Everything in the menu is great and I consider this real authentic Mexican food. This is a family operated business. Try it. You'll like it!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bonita Springs, Florida
“We recently moved to the area and we are looking for a good Mexican Restaurant-this is NOT it!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

The food was terrible, nice people but we would not go back. The chicken tacos were so dry they were not edible and the enchiladas were awful.

• Visited June 2013