“I love this place - the...” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #54 of 163 Restaurants in Bonita Springs
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: You Can't Fake Fresh® - that's not just our tagline, it is the core value of the family owned and operated Pinchers Crab Shacks.Fresh is everything to a seafood restaurant, especially ours, and we try our best to deliver fresh seafood to your table each and every visit. Local fishermen and crabbers leave our shores daily and guide their boats out into the Gulf of Mexico to fish on behalf of Pinchers. They return each night with the best that the Gulf has to offer. They bring this precious catch to us and are one of the primary reasons for our success.In 2007, we purchased the Island Crab Company on Pine Island to serve as a fresh seafood facility for our restaurants. By having our own local facility, we can deliver fresh fish and shellfish to the table faster and fresher – whether its Grouper, Blue Crab, Stone Crab or some of the wonderful fish that you'll see highlighted as specials of the day.Local Fisherman fish Local Waters for a Local Restaurant. You can't get a more Southwest Florida experience than that, and that's what we mean when we say – You Can't Fake Fresh®.
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I love this place - the...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2008

I love this place - the new one at Tin City is big, loud, and perfect for hauling the kids along. Lots of good, cheap eat. Full bar. Two for one drinks at Happy Hour. Good times all around

Florida
“Not that great!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2008

We have been to Pinchers a few times, the first time was at this location the other time was at their Ft. Myers location. The first two times were GREAT we loved it. My husband was so glad to find a place with Maryland Blue Crab, since that's where he grew up. We just went to the Bonita Springs location this past weekend and it was horrible. The service was horrible and the food was too. Our waitress acted like she was on drugs, she kept asking us "What did you order again?". Absolutely ridiculous. We ordered Mozzarella sticks which were good. Then we ordered Calamari, Coconut shrimp and Maryland B.C. Sandwiches. All of those things were horrible. The Calamari was the smallest serving of Calamari I've ever seen, the shrimp was also a small serving and the Sandwiches were ice cold. On top of that the fries that came with the meals were all burnt. I don't know what the cook was thinking when they put those fries in the basket. I wouldn't give that to my dog. We were very disappointed with everything, especially since we've been there before and everything was so great. Maybe they were having a bad night, but with the amount of money we spent it was unacceptable. The only reason we didn't get Managers involved was because we just wanted to get out of there.

Sarasota, FL
“Muscles Marinaira - outstanding meal, Great service, casual dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2008

Food is fresh, well pepared, and service is quick and good. We really enjoyed our Muscles Marinara but crab cakes were too salty for our tastes. A high class red neck bar/restaurant with plenty of atmosphere and good prices. We eat there often. Well trained and courteous waitstaff.

Naples, FL
“Cute, but average , GREAT SERVICE”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2007

Shrug, nothing special, though it came to us highly recommended ("best seafood in Naples" .....Jeez I really hope not, plus it's in Bonita Springs)

The waitress & staff were really friendly & took good care of us. The interior is cute & colorful, going for the Island / Crab Shanty look. ( I can't wait to see the one in Tin City open, since that one really will be on the water) We were really happy with the blend of Lower Latitude Music, it gave the whole place a great vibe.

For our meal :
I started with the New England Clam Chowder. Not too shabby, just much more salt that is ever necessary, and lacking in real N.E. herbs & spices. Lots of clams though & still, I ate the whole thing, so it couldn't have been that bad....

Husband had The High Roller Genuine Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes.
And he who is not really a picky eater was pretty much offended by them. We are from a seaside resort town in MD, and these ain't no Maryland CC. They were big. Yes. LOTS of yucky coating, squashed nice and flat, with two matching big ole burn marks on each side. The actual filling was a yellowy blend of shredded, ( think tuna fish sand style ) crab & other (?) ingredients. Not anywhere near good. . Served with a mustard sauce that made it just edible.
The fries were the highlight of our meal.
I had the Grilled shrimp basket, which was an excellent price. The shrimp was alright, though plentiful, Kind of blah, but not awful.

We also had beer & Margaritas, both enjoyable & well priced.
We'll definitely try it again, but mostly for drinks and maybe apps, once the one near us, opens on the water.

Avoid Crab cake though, if you've ever enjoyed a Great One

Delaware
“Nice Casual Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2007

The restaurant has good fresh fish and various types of crabs. They also have quite a bit of fried seafood and a host of appetizers and entrees that are overloaded with melted cheese and so-called crab stuffing that is mostly bread and filler. This is typical of a family or lower-scale establishment.

We came in at 9:00 PM Saturday night (Sep 9) and they had two for one drinks specails !! I would stick with the crabs or fish here. The couple next to us had Marland crabs and they looked great - big and meaty. They said they were cooked just right. We started with a stuffed mushroom appetizer that was loaded with cheese. The overabundance of cheese masked any taste of crabmeat. The waitress claimed they used lump Mayland Blue Crab crabmeat. If they did I could not find it. All I found was a mound of melted cheese with a blended mixture of some type of crab-like slop hiding underneath. My girlfriend got a raw oyster appetizer that had a variety of items in it (escargot, peppers, onions, etc). They were spectacular !! She also got a scallop dish. This, like the stuffed mushrooms, was completely overpowered with melted cheese. After sifting through the cheese layer we found a stuffing mixture that contained some small scallops. We picked the scallops out and discarded the mound of cheese and stuffing. I got the Grouper entree - big, fresh and delicious.

The service was great and the prices were good. I would go back but would stay away from the fatty fried seafood and the dishes with the mounds of cheese and crab stuffing.

By the way, as of today (9/11/07) Trip Advisor shows the address as 3300 Bonita Beach Road. This is wrong. That location was closed over five years ago. The restaurant is actually located at 28580 Bonita Crossing Blvd and the corner of Rt 41 (Tamiani Trail).