“A Pleasant Way to Spend an Afternoon” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Bonita Springs, Florida
6 attraction reviews
“A Pleasant Way to Spend an Afternoon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I've never been much of a gambler and, until we moved to Bonita Springs, greyhound racing wasn't even on my radar. When my father-in-law came for a visit, he wanted to go so we took him to the track. I was pleasantly surprised by the experience. The weather was great and the sporting atmosphere was contagious. After the first two races, I was at the window placing my own bets. While I left the track with my wallet a little lighter, I was able to pick enough winners to encourage a return visit. All in all, it was an enjoyable afternoon.

Visited March 2013

Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
“At least the Greyhounds are Beautiful.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We went to the greyhound track for a little something different. The track facility itself is a little old and dilapidated. However, the greyhounds are beautiful and making $2 bets is a lot of fun. I'm not a big gambler but it does provide a little entertainment. We won enough to eat a little lunch in the beautiful outdoors (it was even a little cloud but we didn't notice). This is a fun and inexpensive outing.

Visited February 2013
indianapolis
30 attraction reviews
“Nice to try once”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

If you like smoking and beer and betting then this is your place. It is nice to go see the dogs race, but that is all. For adults, no need to bring your kids to this place... very dirty. Bathrooms smell and have not been cleaned for a long while.

Visited November 2012
Springfield, IL
55 attraction reviews
“Bark and Bet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This place was very clean and we felt safe. You may bet at a window or use a machine, so there's really no waiting to bet. I wouldn't recommend eating there because my wife observed the cook handling money and then using his same bare hands to handle the beef patty for a burger. We bet on ten races and won one and spent less than twenty bucks for the whole evening. That was three hours of entertainment on a beautiful warm night.

Visited February 2013
“Bonita Springs Greyhound Track”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My relatives and I have been going here for years as well as other greyhound tracks.It has been renovated a couple of times since originally opening.It is an easy to get to,laid back track which is vying to become a casino.It has an outdoor area on 1st floor for race viewing,a 2nd floor for poker and also outside viewing of the races.The 3rd floor has a panoramic window view of the race track and also a restaurant.They have outdoor events on occasion ie, Irish,Latino musical fests.Its a pretty track and a pleasant way to hang out and have some excitement for 3 or 4 hours.Nothing negative to report,except for gamblers the caliber of racing seems to be sliding due to lower attendance.
Visit before it becomes a racino.

Visited November 2012