“Lazy River” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Coconut Plantation

You added Hyatt Coconut Plantation to your Saves list
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11800 Coconut Plantation Drive, Bonita Springs, FL 34134   |
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Bonita Springs
Miami, Florida
“Lazy River”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We just arrived from staying at the Hyatt in Bonita Springs. I can say enought about the lazy river that goes on and on it's about a 10 minute raft ride on a winding pool, which also has water falls and very smooth music along the way. There are many pools and water falls. Also we went to the beach that takes you on a pantoon from the premises to the private beach. There you can take your cooler and they alreay have the lounge chases and umbrellas waiting for you. The ride is about just a few minutes and they can pick you up every hour until 4:00 pm. Our tour/bus driver's name is Richie and be was great!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the pools have a great view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This review is from a stay in April 2013, during which we took advantage of the stay 3 nights, get the 4th free promotion. This was our first stay at the Hyatt in Bonita Springs and it was everything that my husband and I were looking for in a hassle-free vacation. I had done lots of searching on Tripadvisor and the reviews for the Hyatt sold me. We arrived on a Saturday of Easter weekend, so the resort was packed with families. Even though it was busy, we still found a spot at the adult-only pool and there were lots of comfy sitting areas around the resort to bring a book to read or have a drink. The location was very convenient to a local shopping area, which has a Target, restaurants, movie theater, Panera. We had a rental car, but there was shuttle service to the mall from the hotel entrance. We ate at two of the restaurants and found the food to be good and service was attentive but not intrusive. We did take the boat to the private beach, which was a fun afternoon adventure. Keep track of the boat departure times, as you might get left to wait if the boat you want to take is full. Self-parking was easy and convenient. Check-in and check-out was a breeze. The concierge made a great recommendation for dinner at a restaurant nearby and helped with reservations. I really enjoyed my stay at the Hyatt, will likely be back again. I am now looking into the Hyatt Resort in Scottsdale since I was so pleased with the operations in Bonita Springs.

Room Tip: There is construction at a property adjacent to the hotel, so facing the pool might be a better opti...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kent, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We've just returned from a 6 night stay here. We are Marriott timeshare owners and exchanged through Interval. It was the perfect place to recover after 10 days in Orlando doing all the theme parks.
Our 2 bedroom apartment was fantastic and perfect for my husband, myself and our two teenage daughters. There was everything we needed for our stay and it was very spacious. The bins were emptied every day and we had full maid service once during our stay. My only issue was that we were given clean towels every day, which wasn't necessary but we just left them on the side - and that was the only slightly negative thing I can say about this place!
There are only 3 blocks of apartments, they all look out over the lake and golf course, and are all very close to the pools, reception etc so it didn't seem to matter which block we were in.
There is parking under the apartments, which was great if it was raining and also great if it was hot and sunny as the car was never hot when we got in it.
The pools were great. The lazy river was lovely and much quieter and more relaxing than the ones at Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon! There were 2 lovely family pools with waterfalls and then there was the adult only pool, which we often had to ourselves.
There is a small shop selling some essentials, and we borrowed a few DVDs from reception.
We used the gym a couple of times and this was well equipped for a small gym.
The trip over to the private beach is well worth it. It's a couple of minutes ride on the trolley from the hotel to the marina and then 15 minutes by boat to Hickory Beach. On our way to the island we saw a dolphin which was a bonus. The beach was very quiet with only a few people and was a nice, relaxing way to spend the morning.
It is possible to use the facilities of the Hyatt Regency Hotel just down the road. We visited to have a look round and it looked very nice but we felt no need to leave our place.
There are plenty of shops and restaurants in the area so we were never without places to eat or shop.
All of the staff here were so helpful and friendly from the moment we checked in to the time of checking out.
Overall we had a great stay here and would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are nicely located, it doesn't matter which block you are in.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Just came home from Florida. This resort was great. Charles at the bar is terrific. Lunch was great there. We love the lazy river. It was nice and clean. We have no complaints. We will be back next July.

Stayed August 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was the perfect spot to enjoy a three night get away! The staff was so friendly, welcoming, and thoughtful! My husband surprised me with a trip here for our anniversary/my 40th bday and am so glad he chose this resort. We especially enjoyed getting to know Luanne at the fabulous breakfast buffet and she went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and help make my bday special! The resort itself is gorgeous with beautiful lobby, rooms, pools, fountains, and private island! The newfoundland dogs are a wonderful touch as well, so sweet! The resort is close to all kinds of restaurants, other things to do, yet feels very private when you are there. Gorgeous views of Estero Bay. A wonderful place for a couples getaway, but is also very family friendly, and we look forward to returning sometime with our children to experience!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ocoee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My father has a time share that he uses down here and asked us to come to visit for the weekend. I am in love with this property! I won't own a timeshare but I know how you can rent them....think this will be next year's vacation. So relaxing that I didn't want to pry myself away from the pool. The staff was wonderful, relaxed and friendly anytime we saw them. The boat ride to the beach was awesome and of course the beach was awesome too, the amount of shells you can take home will cost you if you fly. I am a Florida girl and this coast never ceases to amaze me. Can't wait to go again!

Room Tip: The location has a hotel as well so either way to stay is great. I like the timeshare because I like...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mobile, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Our stay has been beyond our expectations. The staff here has gone above and beyond to help us in anything we needed. My husband needed help with his ipod and the manager very graciously offered to put the music on it for him. The private beach was so nice with lots of shells. The pools were great along with the lazy river.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Hyatt Coconut Plantation? Share your experiences!