“Special Get-a-way” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Huntsville, Alabama
“Special Get-a-way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I left children with grandparents and spent 3 nights at the Hyatt. It was such a pleasant surprise! Starting with the friendliness and kindness shown to us by every employee. I had an emergency medical situation and the front desk recommended that they call the ambulance. The hotel found my husband on golf course and even paid for his transportation to hospital and our return. We were treated so kindly! The rest of our stay we were able to enjoy the amazing food at Tarpon Bay. Excellent ceviche and red snapper. Again, very hospitable staff.
The pools and grounds were beautiful and the beach /island was enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
HRCPSocialMediaMgr, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Lauren, we're glad everything worked out OK for you and that you and your husband were able to relax and enjoy your vacation. We hope you'll return to visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Date of Stay: Saturday, June 8 - Sunday, June 9, 2013
Length of Stay: 1 Night

In a nutshell, after many stays over the past few years, the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point continues to shine, combining excellent customer service with an amazing location and a truly beautiful property -- if you are traveling to South West Florida, this is the only property that I would suggest!

Now, for my detailed review:

First, allow me to point out that I have stayed at this property numerous times, and this review builds upon all of my prior reviews -- for further information and some more details and photos regarding this property, please see my prior five (5) reviews:

1) December 2012, entitled: “After a Full Renovation, This Property Is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!” (posted December 9, 2012)
2) June 2012, entitled: "Yet Another Wonderful Stay at a Jewel of South Florida - Service Continues to Shine!!” (posted June 10, 2012)
3) July 2011, entitled: “Yet Another stay at Florida's Most Beautiful Hyatt Resort!!” (posted July 4, 2011)
4) March 2011, entitled: “Another truly AMAZING stay at one of the best Hyatt Resorts around!!!” (posted March 21, 2011)
5) November 2010, entitled: "One of the nicest Hyatt Resorts in the U.S. - a property above all others!” (posted November 30, 2010)

As I have said before, and I will continue to say again, the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point is a truly amazing Jewel of South West Florida, and it continues to shine with each and every visit. I try to visit this property several times a year, and with each visit, the service continues to excel. I have never had a bad experience at this property, and I can assure you that you will love your time spent at this beautiful resort!

My wife and I made a spur-of-the moment decision to drive to Bonita Springs late in the afternoon on a Saturday, so we called down to the Front Desk at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point and had a reservation for a beautiful Estero Bay View Room within a matter of moments. The ever friendly and efficient Front Desk Agent told me that he would make sure that the room was cleaned and ready for our arrival, and assured me that we would truly love the view from the room that he found for me. A mere three hours later upon our arrival, I found that he did not disappoint and we had a truly amazing direct-on view of Estero Bay from our room on the 9th Floor.

Upon arrival, we found ample parking in the large on-site Self Parking Garage; one very nice feature of the Self Parking Garage at this property is that it is fully covered, located underneath the Convention Center. Additionally, it is connected to the main lobby by a quick and efficient elevator; one can be checking in within merely minutes of parking. Plus, having a covered garage is extremely handy during afternoon Thunderstorms in South Florida; one is able to easily get from their car to check-in without getting wet at all.

Within a matter of minutes from parking, we were at the Front Desk and were instantly greeted by name an extremely friendly Front Desk Agent who always seems to remember repeat guests. We were instantly offered a glass of champagne or a bottle of water, and the Agent had us checked in within a matter of moments. We thanked her and entered one of the quick and efficient elevators, headed up to our Bay View Room on the 9th Floor. We had been assigned Room 926, which was truly a spectacular room -- it was spacious and offered a wonderful direct-on view of the Estero Bay, complete with a full balcony. As I indicated in my last review, all rooms at this beautiful property have been fully renovated and feature extremely modern and comfortable furniture. Please see the photos attached to this review for more specifics on this room and its amazing view.

As a Room Tip, definitely spoil yourself and opt for a "View" room for absolutely amazing sunset views over Estero Bay. Many properties offer rooms with a view for a premium price, and this is one property that it is worth every penny to pay for a "View" room!

Our reason for visiting on this trip was to have a relaxing weekend by the Pool, and the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point did not disappoint. As I have mentioned in my previous reviews, this property offers three amazing pools; a relaxing "Waterfall Pool," a quiet Adults-Only "Lawn Pool," and a very large "Adventure Pool," featuring a very fun water slide. And, unlike many Florida Resorts, this property offers ample pool side seating -- both shaded and non-shaded, so that one can take in the sun or relax in a cool breeze. Additionally, this property has recently added Private Cabana Rentals; these are located by the "Adventure Pool" and look absolutely amazing ... we did not have time to try them on this trip, but we will definitely try them out next time! All-in-all, this property offers a truly amazing pool and sun experience that is not to be missed! And, do not forget that this property features a full Spa -- the Stillwater Spa.

In addition to all of the amazing on-site activities, the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point is in an absolutely amazing location, allowing for many other off-site activities. It is located a very quick drive from the Coconut Point Mall, a beautiful shopping mall offering numerous stores -- mass retailers such as Dillard's, Target, Best Buy, and Barnes & Noble; along with such high end merchants as Coach and Apple -- not to mention numerous eateries, including California Pizza Kitchen, Five Guys Burgers, Moe's, and Panera just to name a few. In addition to the Coconut Point Mall, the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point is also just a very quick drive from the Miromar Outlets, featuring over 140 stores and eateries; make sure to try dining at the Naples Flatbread & Wine Bar for a truly amazing meal!

All-in-all, the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point is an absolutely amazing property, offering truly superb customer service, excellent activities and high quality rooms. Make sure that you stay at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point on your next trip to South West Florida -- I promise you will not ever regret a stay at this true Jewel of South West Florida!

Room Tip: Book a Bay View Room for AMAZING Views
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review of the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point. Our tropical resort makes guests feel like they're in paradise without the need of a passport. We're thrilled that you enjoyed your most recent stay and we hope to see you both again very soon.
Bonita Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel so many times I have lost count and nothing ever changes, except for a position of employees. Mark, the previous front desk manager, has now moved higher in the chain and I congratulate him. " MARK, BEST OF LUCK". Dan has taken his place as front desk manager and I know he will be great. He is very personable and he always remembers your name. That impresses me. Gail, the hotel concierge is always great,she always has a smile and this hotel is lucky to have her. A special thanks to Jennifer, who is in the pool area,who goes out of her way every time we stay, to just say "HELLO, GLAD YOUR BACK" These people, plus a lot more, do their best everyday to make this hotel a "10" plus.

Room Tip: Most of the bay front rooms face the pool as well. They are great.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bruce, thank you for recognizing so many of our associates in your review! All of us at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort take great care to make sure each and every guest has an enjoyable stay with us. We hope to see you again very soon.
Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We were looking to get away for a while, but wanted to keep the trip domestic, and affordable. We settled on Florida, and ended up at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point. We ended up having a thoroughly great stay and would definitely recommend it to friends visiting the area.

We were booked in a Bay Suite, but at a very low low rate. The staff, however, even knowledgeable of exactly how much we paid treated us like royalty. Check-in was very quick and courteous. The desk agent made mention of my diamond status, and the associated benefits. He provided maps of the property and outlined the various outlets on the property. During all of this, I enjoyed a glass of sparkling wine, and grabbed an extra one for my wife, who was seated, relaxing elsewhere in the lobby.

Our suite consisted of a bedroom, and a hospitality room, each with individual doors from the hallway, and a connecting doorway inside the rooms. The first keys we received only opened one of the doors, and neither opened the Regency Club down the hall. A quick switch out resolved this issue. In all, we had four balconies, half with furniture to enjoy the beautiful sunsets. The layout made it somewhat difficult to use all of the space, but the couch was comfortable enough to relax. One afternoon, we encountered an issue where there was so little water pressure that the water would barely drip out of the shower. I called the guest services number and they were very apologetic, promising that the issue would be resolved. We received a bottle of sparkling wine that evening with a handwritten apology note, and an email from the executive assistant to the general manager to apologize for the inconvenience.

Covered self-parking was indeed free and convenient. Both of the pools had plenty of seating available during our stay, with prompt poolside service. Nightly fire pits were fun to sit next to and watch others roast marshmallows. We only had food from the poolside restaurant, and while it may have been a touch expensive, it saved time and effort from getting dressed and leaving the property.

Even though the spa was included with our Regency access, we scheduled time for a couples massage. These were awesome, and we almost went back for more. The steam and sauna were unused by anyone other than us, but were very clean. There was no co-ed relaxation area, nor any kind of plunge pools, but it served its purpose.

The regency club always had cold drinks available, including Pepsi products and Aquafina. The coffee machine was always ready to make a cappuccino or late. Breakfasts were basic, consisting of fruit, pastries, cold cuts, cheeses and one hot entree. The staff in the club were always very friendly.

Even though it's clearly a family resort, we were not bothered by the families who populated the resort. Similar couples shouldn't have reservations about staying here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay. All of us at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort are dedicated to ensuring your stay is as comfortable as possible. We strive to provide activities and services appealing to both couples and families and we're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back for a future visit.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Everything from check in to check out was fantastic. Hotel is exceptionally clean and well staffed. Food from all restaurants, bar, and room service was delicious. Our view from hotel could have been better since it over looked the banguet hall roof! The only draw back had absolutely nothing to do with the hotel but since it was a holiday weekend parents loaded up the hotel with their kids and let them have free reign of the hotel to run loudly thru out the bar, lobby, halls, and elevators. They were even running circles around the live entertainment! Shame on the parents to not respect other guests paying good money to relax there as well. The staff truly bit their tongue but I dont think it was conciderate to other guests to endure. Will go back but not during memorial day weekend!

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We're so happy you enjoyed all of the services and restaurants we have to offer. We strive to provide a great variety of dining options and activities that everyone can enjoy. We look forward to having you join us again in the near future.
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Booked this hotel last minute for a Memorial Day weekend getaway with the family - and we loved every minute of it! The resort was impeccable from start to finish. Staff was ALWAYS wearing a smile and going above & beyond for guests of all ages. Poolside food & beverage service was a neat touch and we truly enjoyed the kids activities & services made available to us. I've worked in the hospitality industry since 1991 and traveled quite extensively and this resort, is a definite must come back and will certainly recommend to anyone & everyone. Special mention to Zach @ Front Desk and Hannah & Eddie @ Kofe Nut. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HRCPSocialMediaMgr, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you Marilyn for your kind words. All of us at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort take great care to make sure our guests are happy and enjoying their stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you and your family again very soon.
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

While I usually don't usually write reviews, I feel that I must absolutely take the time to write a review on this amazing resort. From the minute we drove up to the second we walked out the door, we were treated pretty much as if we were the only guests.

Upon pulling up, we were greeted by the friendly Ricky, a very spunky (friendly and knowledgable of the area) Bellhop who gathered all of our things and allowed us time to check in. When we got to the check-in counter, Nate was there to answer all of our questions and anything he was not able to answer, he assured us the Concierge would be able to answer. We were even given a much needed glass of Champagne. Nate gave us a map of the resort, told us about the restaurant, the pool, the bar, the outside mall that was down the street. It was almost overwhelming (but in a good way).

We got a wonderful room on the 17th floor overlooking the neighboring golf resort. We opted for the upgrade to our room, which included with the reservation was the VIP Club entrance. They have complimentary breakfast, lunch and dinner with that upgrade. It was well worth it. Most of the 3 days we were there, we had the lovely Aimee take care of us. She was so funny. Had us laughing a lot and extremely professional.

We managed to spend a lot of time at the bar. Jason, the resort's bartender at night (among other's), was also just a great addition to our experience. He made us delicious tropical cocktails and kept us happy.

The inside restaurant, Tanglewood, has a fantastic menu for dinner and a pretty decent buffet for breakfast. I might add that I feel the prices are very reasonable. Michael brought us some Bloody Mary's in the morning for us to take to the pool. We were lucky enough to have the fabulous Sarah as our server for both dinner and breakfast. I have to say, Sarah is honestly the best server I have ever had. No lie. I wish I can take her to every restaurant I dine at. Just love her.

The pool area is a whole other experience. They have three pools. One designed for kids (and us adults who haven't completely grown up) that has a fun water slide. There are alligator floats to rent for the kids. There is another pool where the adults can hang out and there is another pool that has a waterfall. That pool was a little cold but all of them are equally fantastic. They have a bar called The Corkscrew. All of the staff is just do friendly. Gotta give a shout out to Little T. She seemed to be everywhere helping out. Another great member of the Hyatt family! The pool has about 300 chairs and there are plenty of umbrellas for protection. The chairs are super comfy, by the way. They also provide pool towels.

We loved They Hyatt Regency Coconut Point so much that we booked for the 4th of July and we can't wait to get back there to see the friends we have made in the people mentioned above. See, not was it just the resort, but the experience we had with the staff that made our entire stay so memorable. The resort is just gorgeous, very well kept.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
HRCPSocialMediaMgr, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Stacie, thank you very much for writing such a wonderful review. We are truly grateful and thrilled that you had such a wonderful time. We look forward to welcoming you back for the July 4th holiday.

Been to Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!