I stayed here for the 2nd time the week of April 1st 2013. Much different experience than my first visit largely due to catching the tail end of spring break. This is one property I would avoid going forward between March 1 to Apr 15. The hotel will be at or near capacity and the grounds become somewhat of a zoo. For example, you must get up early and reserve chairs by pool or not have a seat, same goes for the private beach where you will not get a chair... the kids pool was so crowded during the day you are constantly splashed or bumped by kids playing with little care for their surroundings. What I found amazing was that there was very little parental supervision at the kids pool at all, which made it really very annoying. At one point I saw 3 kids doing cannon balls into the adult only pool and a non parent adult finally told them they couldn't do that. I would even go as far to say that there was some safety issues in the kids pool area with the abundance of children and lack of supervision, something I will avoid at all costs.
Other annoying features: the towel service is on a sign out basis but noone ever checks if you return the towels or not. The hotel should really follow through on this if they are going to make you sign out towels.
The rooms are nice, especially with the upgrades they have made over the last year. Bed was uncomfortable and the air conditioner was extremely loud at night.
Check in/Checkout - Check in time is 4pm while checkout is 11am with limited flexibility during busy times. You basically lose a day on each end. But the hotel is acceptable to you using the facilities throughout the day to make up for it, just without a room. I found this somewhat annoying. I haven't managed a hotel but I would think a 5 hour turnaround time to have rooms cleaned and ready is somewhat inefficient, they could probably improve that.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Hotel Bonita Springs
- Hyatt Regency Bonita Springs
- Hyatt Bonita Springs
- Bonita Springs Hyatt
- Hyatt Coconut Point
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa... where tropical gardens, warm breezes and sparkling waters of Florida's gulf coast create the classic retreat for any occasion. With over 73,000 square feet of flexible meeting space featuring two ballrooms, numerous banquet rooms, and abundant outdoor locations, we can accommodate gatherings from 20 to over 1,400 people. Whether large or small, each event is enhanced with innovative catering, impeccable service and state-of-the-art technology. Centrally located just minutes from the airport between Naples or Fort Myers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TIG Global, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.