“Great Service In A Great Resort!” 5 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Bonita Springs
GreenLeadersGold level
Old Bridge, New Jersey
“Great Service In A Great Resort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Having just returned from a 4 day seminar/convention I have to say that I was extremely pleased with my stay. The resort was spotless and the grounds were wonderfully maintained. I received excellent service from Jenn at the front desk to Terry in the Tanglewood Restaurant to name a few. My room was newly renovated, clean and the beds slept great. There is a nice bar inside the hotel and for cigar lovers a well stocked humidor where you could enjoy a cigar on one of the nice lounge chairs out back or all along side the water fountains which are beautifully lit at night. There is also a fire pit located towards the back of the grounds and the coffee shop sells Smores kits so if you have kids this would be a fun activity for them. There are several outdoor pools including an adult lap pool, a waterfall pool and even one with a water slide. The pool hours are from dawn to dusk but I saw many people swimming and in the hot tub even after hours. I enjoyed the spa once for a 50 minute deep tissue massage and was pleased with my experience, a nice feature of this spa is they also have a Eucalyptus Steam room. I didn't have time to enjoy a round of golf or to take the ferry to their private island but maybe next time I'll bring my wife & kids for a long weekend getaway.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HRCPTvlManager, Manager at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
It was a pleasure reading about your recent stay with us and we thank you for sharing with all our friends here on Trip Advisor. It looks as though you were able to experience a lot of the amenities here on property whether at leisure or during your conference. We will be sure to let Jenn & Terry know that they made a great impression and we do hope that you will visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
Crown Point, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

First, let me say that the staff at this hotel is great. I had only positive experiences with each and every person I spoke with. The pool area is beautiful and the servers there are great. I also must comment on the valet staff that offered me a cold water every day when I came panting up to the front doors after a jog. Also, the towel lady and really every service person went out of their way to be helpful.The rooms were very nice and the grounds are well kept. The service people here are excellent---from the pool man to the bellman---they are clearly well trained.
The location is great---we were here for a business meeting and there is a shopping area within 2 miles of the hotel and the Mirimar Outlets are close as is the Ft. Myers Airport. There is a complimentary boat that takes you to a beach area on the Gulf since the property is not directly located on the Gulf--we really liked the beach area and the boat ride and captains.
However, the food here is mediocre. I am only writing of the pool bar food---this is the only place I ate on the property outside of the convention fare which is always just okay and I guess----institutional and that is how I viewed the convention food. My rating reflects the food and the very high cost for food and drinks. Keep in mind that this resort is off by itself so you are kind of a captive food/drink audience. It isn't that the food is awful---but the overpricing is. The pool bar was also disappointing.
In particular, the Mojitos. The Mojito description says they have mint that is muddled---but the mint leaves were floating uncrushed in my glass. In addition, there was clearly 7-up in the mojito---not soda and lime---I guess I expect a Mojito in Florida to be good---but the alcoholic drinks were ALL disappointing. The Hyatt clearly needs to retrain its bartenders to use a uniform and appropriate methodology in its mixology....Again, the pool area food is extremely mediocre and overpriced. The servers are wonderful and I was impressed that they seemed to know when to leave you alone and when to ask if you needed help---the red flags helped.
So my review in a nutshell is the hotel rooms, grounds, pool, and almost every detail is good----but the food is a miss---and when you are a captive audience and a guest who does not want to go off property for meals this takes off points---if you stay here do not eat or drink here....I would look to find a place that makes better use of its location with more reasonably priced and tastier food and alcoholic drinks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the pools.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HRCPTvlManager, Manager at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us. We are happy to read that the service was excellent and the overall hotel accommodations were satisfactory. We will address the issues that you had mentioned regarding your poolside service at our outside restaurant and will discuss the matters with our staff. Our apologies that we could not earn your five-star rating and hope that you will come back again soon and let us "wow" you with our amazing food and poolside service again.
Princeton, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed here Feb. 16-21 and we LOVED it - The resort is a little piece of heaven on earth - the grounds were amazing - always something to do... Free Ferry rides over to their private island ... The boardwalk in the refuge was amazing - all the pools and beauty - always a place to sit - food is awesome... Starbucks coffee :) The rooms are so beautiful - with BREATHTAKING views!!! I am already planning my next stay!!! You can't go wrong with this resort - clean, comfy - the BEST and I am sort of picky!!! Thank you!!! Staff is GREAT!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the parking lot (but even if you get stuck there - still beautiful views a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
The best resort? Well thank you very much! We were so excited to read your review and cannot wait to share it with our staff. We are very much looking forward to your next visit here in beautiful Bonita Springs!
Tustin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband attended a conference and I was able to tag along. He was there for business I was there for some much needed R & R. When we checked in we were told the standard king room we booked were sold out so all they had left were 2 queens or 1 queen rooms. But then he said just a minute I think I can get you into a Presidential Suite which he did and it was AMAZING. He then offered us a welcome glass of champagne or mimosa which I happily abliged and he came back with a whole bottle of champagne and a container of oj, saying there wasn't an open bottle so why don't we just take the whole thing. The room was awesome, coffee bar, cocktail bar, dining room, living room, powder room, bathroom, dressing room and separate bed room. The corner room had a view of the thumbnail pic above and side view down the coast. It also had 4 balconies that were all amazing. The food was delicious, every staff member we met went above and beyond to assist us - minus the starbucks staff member she looked like she wasn't a morning person to put it gently. I enjoyed the adult pool since we left our kids at home and the service could have been quicker but they were very accomodating. I highly recommend the pine island salad from the Tanglewood restaurant - delish! My hubby and I couldn't get enough of it. Concierge was great and very helpful. I wish I had gone to the spa but I was so content with my cocktail and book at the pool I couldn't be disturbed with arranging an appointment. I highly recommend this hotel. My hubby raved about the food during his conference and was so excited he was able to see at gator on the golf course. He let that ball go....

Room Tip: choose a room away from the elevators. Although our room was amazing we could hear the hum of the e...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We were very pleased to read about your recent visit with us! It looks as though you were able to enjoy many of the amenities that we have here on the property and that your husband's conference was a success. We will certainly address the guest services issues that you addressed so that we can continue to improve. We sure hope that you will be able to visit again soon and get in one of the treatments at our Stillwater Spa.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Beautiful facility and grounds. Plenty to do and see. Staff provided great friendly service. The conference dinners were held outside and it was fantastic. The trolley provided easy access to the marina and golf course. The hotel is pet friendly. The employees are easy to find and happy to answer any questions.

Room Tip: Room facing the bay.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We were delighted to read about your recent stay with us last week and are happy to know that your conference was a success! We hope that you will visit us again soon whether on business again or at your leisure. We will have the sunshine and champagne waiting.
Aurora, Ontario,Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

If you get a chance to go to the Still Water Spa I had the most incredible deep tissue massage from Carlos felt like a million bucks after that :) worth every penny!.
Resort was beautiful the staff was exceptional and were very helpful. The pools are great and they have an adult area and a children's area which is a nice option. The food was good at the restaurants as well and if you are just wanting some pool side lunch the sandwiches are very good and really filling.
Got to see some Dolphins when we took the ferry to the beach the boat ride was nice the beach was ok small and there was red tide and warnings for Sting Rays so did not go in the water. Also if you do plan to go to the beach pack drinks and food the restaurant was not operational.
All in all the property is very well maintained staff is always cleaning and up keeping all the gardens the rooms were very nice. We would love to come back .

• Stayed February 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

At every turn, we were made to feel that we did not belong. The service was reminiscent of a prison, where the staff makes you feel like you owe them something. After staying there once before and having no issues, this last trip was a huge disappointment. We will not go back, and have since cancelled several conventions that my husband's company (CEO of a Fortune 100 company) was planning to hold there. Be aware that for the price, you are not getting the service. I heard a rumor that given the location, the staff positions have to be filled by inexperienced individuals in hospitality. Certainly makes sense! I believe one of my largest gripes was the concierge desk. Very snooty, and questioned me when I told her that I did not think the resort was big enough to hold a 500 person conference. Oh well, our money is better spent elsewhere!

• Stayed December 2012
HRCPTvlManager, Manager at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
It is truly disappointing to read the feedback you have shared regarding your most recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa.

On behalf of our Management Team, please accept our sincere apology for the service opportunities you encountered with our staff and that you felt unwelcome while you were our guest. Please know that Hyatt takes pride in an ongoing training program with our staff to exceed guest expectations and we do our best to recruit individuals with experience in the hospitality industry. We sincerely regret if we failed to meet your expectations and believe your experience is not indicative of our Hyatt standards, as our top priority is to provide our guests with memorable service complimented by our gracious hospitality. We value your comments and have shared them with our staff to prevent future disappointments for our guests. In addition, we are addressing the encounter you experienced with our Concierge staff and will assure you that it will not be repeated.

We recognize and respect your decision to not return and your husband’s choice to choose an alternate destination for his future meetings, however, we welcome the opportunity to regain your faith in Hyatt Hotels & Resorts if your travel plans ever include the Bonita Springs area. Please contact our Executive Office if you would like to discuss this further.

Thank you once again for providing your recent experience.
Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa Management Team

Been to Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!