“Not what we expected” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton - Bonita Springs

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton - Bonita Springs to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Bonita Springs
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8901 Highland Woods Blvd., Bonita Springs, FL 34135 (Formerly The Inn at The Springs)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersBronze level
Utica, New York
“Not what we expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Yes, this hotel usually gets rave reviews so I see; however, as frequent travelers who are loyal to Hilton properties, we have stayed in many Homewoods. Whether or not you will be happy in this one probably depends on what type of person you are. The staff is pretty amazing; they bend over backwards to make guests feel comfortable. I wish this staff could be replicated in other hotels! The issue for us is that this was not originally built as a Homewood and, therefore, the type of space we love was missing. Lobby is small, breakfast area is incredibly cramped, crowded,and noisy with uncomfortable seating much of which is lined up along one wall with a continuous very deep front to back bench and tables for two very close together. One older, portly person could hardly negotiate getting in to sit down. The guests were, at least at this stay, mostly senior citizens, which was good because we heard everything the two ladies in the room next to us said until 1 a.m. and then starting again at 6 a.m. I can imagine what young children next door would have meant for us. Most Homewoods we have stayed in are very soundproof, so we were unhappily surprised. The pool, while adequate would not be good for those who like to get in short laps, No one was in while we were there although several were sitting around it. While nicely appointed with incredibly comfortable beds, the bedroom with two beds was so cramped and the door into it so close to the bed that we could hardly get around to get to the bathroom without bruising a hip and we are not overweight. In addition, because it is so small, the dresser is set into a small alcove next to the closet and the space around the TV on that dresser is the only place in the bedroom to set anything -- no place for a suitcase. We had to keep ours in the living room. There is only one elevator with a very small, close area around it and the waits were long. We used the stairs from the third floor when we could. The parking area is very small with not even space to park in front of the door to register or unload. Other buildings are very close, but the area is a nice one. So, depending on what is important to you, how long you might stay and what your plans are for the Bonita Springs area, you might be happy here; we were not.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Chris B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton - Bonita Springs, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Pat,

Thank you for your review. I apologize that your stay wasn't what you hoped it would be and our Homewood didn't live up to your expectation. You are correct our Homewood was a conversion and has been a few other properties in the past, therefore the differences between the previous Homewoods. I am glad to hear we have some of the best staff you have encountered though!! :) Some of your concerns will be addressed in our upcoming renovation this summer. Maybe check us out again after the renovation and see if any of those modifications change your opinon?

Thank you again for your feedback and choosing the Homewood Suites Bonita Springs!

Chris Blondin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Recently stayed at the Homewood Bonita Springs for 4 nights. Had a mixup on the reservation booked for S - TH but needed M - TH so reservation was canceled and every hotel in the area was booked. The staff not only located me a room but also droped the sunday's fee and allowed me to use my corporate rate. I would like to thank the staff for there help in this desperate situation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review! I'm glad my staff was so accomodating and able to assist you in finding you a room and able to assist you with your fee's. I'll be sure to pass on your feedback. We look forward to your future stays with us. Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Bonita Springs!

Loudon, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed at Homewood Bonita Springs for 5 nights. Everything was perfect. Great complimentary breakfast each day and dinners (M-Th). I so enjoyed the oranges that are around the hotel, nice touch. We had a king suite on the third floor, our room was over the front door so our view was the roof of the entry way, didn't affect our stay. We would have enjoyed over looking the pool but did not bother asking either. The rooms are extremely clean and well cared for. Nice Neutrogena face soap. We never wanted anything more from the hotel, it was all very convenient and they are very accommodating. We used two beach chairs for a few days. We would not hesitate to return to this hotel, next time I would ask for a room with a better view. Publix is within walking distance, beach 3 mile drive away. We liked everything about the area, quite and safe. About 3 miles from Interstate 75 to RT. 41 then a quick 1.5 down the road. Thank You Homewood Bonita Springs, well done.

Room Tip: Ask for a room anywhere besides Room 321 which is over the entry way - no view from that room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for a great review! I apologize that you didn't have a better view. Next time please request a pool view, we'll do our best to make that request happen. I'm glad you had a great time while here. We look forward to you returning again in the future!

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Bonita Springs!

Mooresville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Convenient location, friendly staff and nice facility. My wife and I visited Bonita Springs for a mid-winter getaway. The location was very convenient and the hot breakfasts were a nice bonus. We would definitley stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor! We appreciate hearing our guests feedback! We hope to see you back again in the future.

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Bonita Springs!

Shelton, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Recently stayed at the Homewood Suites in Bonita Springs on a trip to see friends in the area. The hotel certainly met our needs - was very clean and the room was spacious. We were in a king room and the bed was quite comfortable. This hotel is just off Tamiami Trail and is certainly more convenient than it is a pretty setting. Nonetheless it worked fine for us. the staff was also efficient and friendly.

Skipper,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor! I appreciate hearing the comments from our guests! I'll be sure to pass on the feedback to the staff! We look forward to another visit from you when traveling to see your friends. Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites Bonita Springs!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My friend and I stayed in February and were lucky to have perfect weather in the 70s and 80s in the daytime and mild nights. We enjoyed Barefoot Beach about 10 minutes away from the suites. I loved the beds, both the soft summery colors and the plush softness of the pillows and the duvet. What a pleasure. Im used to timeshares most of which have uniformly stiff beds, uncomfortable pillows and poor linens. The towels were also great. The amenities average.

I also loved the complimentary breakfasts daily,, and the complimentary dinners served 4 nights a week,. There was enough variety in the breakfasts not to be bored, I loved the make your own waffles and the whipped cream and strawberry that they set out for them.

The staff were smiling and helpful.

The negatives which kept me from giving the suites a 5 rating were smallness of the rooms and noise from the other suites even at normal activity level, and the courtyard noisey air conditioning that came in from open windows. If the windows were kept closed you didnt hear it.

Bonita Beach is a short drive to Naples, Fort Meyers.It was about an hour from the Everglades and great birdwatching..

I loved the British Open Pub, reasonable with good food and drinks, and for dancing The Blue Martini.

FB .

Fran,

Thank you for your gracious review on TripAdvisor. I appreciate hearing our guests comments. I am glad we were a great location for you to experience so much of South West Florida and our hotel amenities. I apologize for a couple of the minor issues with our facilities that kept you from giving us a perfect 5, but our service made up for that and I'm sure would bring you back next time you're in the area! :)

Thank you again for choosing the Homewood Suites Bonita Springs! We will see you soon!!

Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The management staff is among the most welcoming and personable I have experienced. They remind me of caretakers of some of the finest hotels, remembering your name and room preferences if you are a return guest.The room and suites are impeccably clean and functional with all kitchen amenities at hand. Breakfasts and Monday-Thursday dinners are ample and served in a family atmosphere that can be quite charming. The gym is small but with the latest equipment. The business center is also small but everything works perfectly together including the printers. This hotel is within minutes of some of the finest beaches and the staff will gladly provide a beach chair for the length of your stay. So I ask, what is there not to love? Nothing!!

Room Tip: There are a variety of rooms so speak to the hotel staff regarding your preferences. I chose high a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Leah,

Thank you so much for your feedback!!! I appreciate your loyality to our hotel and that is why we remember names and preferences, guests like you become our family. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us and were able to relax and take some time for yourself while visiting the area. We look forward to your next visit to Bonita Springs! Keep in touch!!

Till next time,
Chris Blondin

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton - Bonita Springs? Share your experiences!