“Incredible Meal with Mom” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood, International, Organic, Pan-Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Naples, Florida
“Incredible Meal with Mom”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This local gem never ceases to amaze! We made reservations for the Saturday before Mother's day for a group of 8. Upon arriving the hostess greeted us and informed us that our table is paying and that we had just a few more minutes. We decided to grab a drink at the bar while we waited for our guests to join us. Once our table was ready and our guests had arrived we had a seat where Astrid our server greeted us and reviewed the specials.

To begin as a small snack we had their Bistro Pomme Frites tossed in Herbs Parmesean and Truffle Oil. Woowza! Those were delicious and the sauce that came with them provided a perfect pairing. From there we shared an appetizer of Mussels, Calamari and Shakshuka. Honestly how the chef incorporates so much flavor into his food is outstanding to me. Every dish was bursting with perfectly pair flavors. The mussels had a hint of spice from the chorizo sausage, while the calamari were perfectly tender and clearly breaded in house. The Shakshuka which Astrid told us was a warm Middle Eastern Dip was so rich and delicious and bursting with savory spices I could have ordered another just for myself!

A few of us had soups and salads which were also very good. The greens were fresh and crisp while the dressings were delicious and not overly applied. The Garden Vegetable soup was out of this world it had a tomato broth base and lots of seasonal veggies.

For our main courses we ordered a diversity of dishes. I ordered the Whole Yellow Tail Snapper, my mother ordered the Wild Alaskan Sea Scallops, my partner ordered the Steak Pizzaiola, our guests ordered a Rib Eye Steak, Salmon, a Chicken Caeser and another another couple of dishes that escape me right now.

I cannot say enough for the entrees. The presentation was out of this world. It is clear that the Chef takes great pride in his food as it looked so good you weren't sure if you should eat it or photograph it. My whole Snapper, when brought to the table it stole the show with presentation. The fish rather than laying flat was standing up almost like it was swimming on the plate served with a generous portion of an Asian Noodle & Vegetable Salad. The flavors for it were out of this world with a generous but not overly done rub that was a perfect seasoning. I did not even use the dipping sauce that accompanied it on the plate. The noodle salad was also very good and provided a perfect pairing.

My partner who had the Steak Pizzaiola was also very pleased. A generous Filet cooked perfectly served atop a Potato Cake with exquisite Asparagus and a spicy Pomodoro Sauce. The bite that I had was phenomenal. My mother absolutly loved her scallops. They were plated on a rectangular plate about 5 or 6 large scallops on a bed of potato hash (great flavors wow) and finished with a sweet corn curry sauce.

Everyone loved each of their dishes and plates went back empty. In spite of being full to the max we decided on Dessert. There were 2 specials that we had to order and then a couple of Creme Brulees for the table. The Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding was sweet, decedent and delicious! I ordered the Apple Cobbler with Ice Cream. Yum the Ice Cream with creamy and provided the perfect cold pairing with the warm Cobbler with crumbly topping. The Creme Brulees were also perfect. The consistency was spot on.

On a final note our drinks were also excellent. For a small restaurant they have a very nice wine selection at extremely reasonable pricing. We enjoyed a Chardonnay one that was by the Glass (Spann) that those drinking it said they really enjoyed as well we ordered a mid-level Cabernet (Salvestrine) for the price it was outstanding. A few of our party enjoyed beers, of which they have a good selection from around the world. Outside of your standard domestics there were a few craft beers and unique imports, again very nice for such a small restaurant. Lastly their espressos and cappuccino use what is in my opinion the best espresso around, namely Nespresso.

Thank you so much A Table Apart for your outstanding food, hospitality and service! I could not have asked for a better Mother's Day Meal!

• Visited May 2013

Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“A great place to dine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We had some friends visiting while we were in Bonita Springs this winter and decided to try this top rated restaurant just down the road from us. It is small but they were able to accommodate our group of six at a later seating.

We arrived a bit early but our table was ready and waiting for us. Everyone enjoyed their meal and commented on what a gem of a place this was. There was a large enough selection of items on the menu to suit everyone's taste.

I had the tripplefin which was cooked perfectly.

Will definitely return next year.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Where have you been all my life??”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Wow this quaint little restaurant in Bonita springs may be the best restaurant in town. This is our last night here and decided to try it. How many ways can I say extradinary, fantastic, superb, creative and delicious!

We started with the escargot that brought us back to cafes in Paris. I had the poached pear salad that was marvelously presented and tasted great too. My main course was the triple tail fish that was presented over rice and had an Asian fusion taste to it. The scallops my husband had were done to perfection and delicious. The pomme frites they were to die for.
Service was efficient and very pleasant. Our waitress was very knowledge. Oh ya, the creme brûlée...can you say we'll be back next year!!!

• Visited May 2013
ct
“probably the BEST place I have EVER eaten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Have been going to the Bonita Springs area for YEARS and never stopped at a Table Apart until THIS year. Can't believe what we've missed! Don't let the unassuming exterior fool you. It is without a doubt one of the BEST places I've ever been. Even the WATER was good!! There's a bleu cheese crusted flat iron steak with asparagus that was OUT OF THIS WORLD! My mom ordered it. She never finishes anything and i was so looking forward to her leftovers but unfortunately she ate every last bit along with almost the entire basket of wonderfully crusty bread/rolls that came with the dinner. I had the scallops which were equally as wonderful as the steak. We were there in March. I enjoyed it so much i wanted to fly my boyfriend down for his birthday just so he could experience the absolutely wonderful food. Hats off to a Table Apart. Excellent everything!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
new york
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

A Table Apart was a great experience. The food and the service were top notch. I am sure that they do not get many kids so I was surprised that they had a fantastic kids menu. My sons pasta was delicious. They were also very accommodating to accept a coupon I had found online for $10.00 of our meal.

• Visited April 2013