“Great Portions, Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #98 of 682 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Boca Raton, Florida
“Great Portions, Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

A friend at work recommended this place to me, and I had no idea what to expect. M-F they serve breakfast until 11:30 am, so being a late-riser I waited until the weekend when they serve breakfast until 2:00 pm (they do have lunch, I just wanted breakfast) to try out Tom Sawyer's Restaurant.

I was happy to find that this restaurant held true to it's Tom Sawyer theme. The dining room felt like an old-time cottage on the banks of the Mississippi River. It was busy, but I didn't mind because we were seated in a large, comfortable booth.

For seven dollars I had the "Mark Twain"'- French toast, eggs, sausage, and bacon served in hefty and deliciously greasy Southern portions. Totally worth it.

I will return to sample some of the homemade pastries that this restaurant boasts.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sarasota, Florida
“A must go to for breakfast or lunch in Boca”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Went here for lunch and found atmosphere cute and cozy. Very friendly servers. The country fried steak and gravy was very good and my spouse enjoyed the Tom Sawyer club sandwich made with french toast. Liked it so much, we returned for breakfast a few days later and were bowled over by their specialty - the croissant french toast. Not the last time we will eat there. I also bought some breakfast goodies from their bakery and took them home. They were big, fresh and a good value. If you go on Sunday better get there before 9 AM. Locals love this place.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Best Breakfast in Boca Raton!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

The croissant french toast is amazing! Great, homey atmosphere and terrific breakfast food. A+++++

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“My all time favorite breakfast place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

This has been my family go-to breakfast spot since my parents first met. Within the last few years it has switched ownership, and has become better than ever before. The new owner/manager has improved their hospitality and appreciates his regular customers. I always get the same thing, and my favorite server Martha is worth waiting for to sit in her section. She always makes sure we have everything we need, makes jokes, and always greets us with a smile. I would recommend the home fries with anything you order, they are the best I have ever had. Another tip... Try to avoid the waitress Heidi at all costs. It never fails, every single time I have had her, she is very rude. Rushes you, and does not listen when you say your order- It usually comes out incorrect. Also, on the weekend when its busy, she is always frazzled and never friendly.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boca Raton, Florida
“Awesome country style food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

If you want comfort food, this is the place to go. They have the best breakfast, but lunch and dinner and good too. If you go on the weekends for breakfast, plan ahead and get there early. People have been known to wait for tables for an hour!

Visited February 2012