“Excellent Sushi and Japanese Food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #393 of 683 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Chinese
Delray Beach, Florida
“Excellent Sushi and Japanese Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

This restaurant probably has the best quality sushi in the neighborhood. The sushi has always been outstanding the few times that I have been to this pretty restaurant. The wait staff is professional, and the atmosphere is sophisticated and especially pleasant for this area, even though it is not a really big restaurant. The only thing that I would not recommend, and I do not want to be a despoiler, is the Chinese food options on the menu. It was much less appetizing than the Japanese options. My friend once ordered shrimp tempura which also looked delicious. But, I always like to order the sushi because I think that they really know what they are doing. I recommend this place highly if you want quality sushi. The prices are not astronomically high for the quality and enjoyment of the meal.

• Visited October 2011

“Give me more food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

Very good food and very good service and awesome hibachi show

“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011 via mobile

Out standing food and service. By far the best sushi in town. And extremely fast delivery

Delray Beach, Florida
“Great sushi and rolls get us back each time we visit delray and boca”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

I saw the bad reviews and wanted to say that our family of four have been coming to Tempura House at least once per vacations for at least 5 years and it has never been anything less than great. We usually order the Sushi Boat which is plentiful and good value and have also ordered the noodle soups that are large enough to feed a family.

I rate the sushi as on a par with the best in delray or boca and we enjoy this place each time with no exceptions so far.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Florida
“Excellent Food. Mediocre Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

The food here is fabulous. The hibachi is fun, the chefs are great. The sushi is also very good. I'm really not sure what the other reviewers ate but I have been here many times and the food is always fresh, flavorful, and delicious. The service does leave much to be desired...it seems as if the entire wait staff shares each table so there tends to be confusion, forgotten drink orders, etc. Other than that, the ambiance, food and fair pricing is enough to keep us coming back.