“Traditional. New York style.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Delicatessen, Kosher
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Traditional. New York style.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Your favorite chicken matzo ball soup, deli sandwich, and dishes your mom or grandma use to make, can be found here. Service is efficient though not warm.
Food is good, better than average, though not excellent.
However, one doesn't have a choice of too many kosher restaurants or Jewish-style deli's in this area,
despite the fact that you might expect to. So go, enjoy, share with hungry friends, l'chaim!

Visited May 2012

Montreal, Canada
“Kosher ?? Not So Much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

The reader seeking out a KOSHER restaurant will have qualms about choosing Ben's.

Yes, the food is Kosher, and there is a Certificate of Kashruth in the window , BUT . . . the establishment is open on Saturdays. This put the kibosh on Ben's for an observant friend of ours. You see, they sell the contents of the place to a non- Jew on Friday afternoon, and buy it back on Saturday evening after sundown, so it is not being strictly run by Jews.

So, kosher ? yes. Kosher enough for a very observant Jew? Uh - uh

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Seattle
“Yum. Real Kosher Deli”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I knew Ben's in LI from when I was younger, and living in NYC. 20-years living away from NY, you always yearn for good Deli.

Brisket was NOT what I remembered, but the other dishes (Kasha, Knishes, Pickels, etc.) were VERY good. Rugalech were good also.

Great service from the waiter. The host was a PUTZ... and kinda rude.

Overall, I would go back.

A not to some folks.. this is KOSHER. So don't complain about the lack of cheese on your burger, milk for your coffee, and no "good"desserts.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, Conn.
“Ben's Was Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

The long line out the door for dinner made me expect something special, but I was disappointed. I have little experience with kosher delis, but my three Jewish friends wanted to try Ben's. The menu is huge, with plenty of healthy options. Service was quick, but the server brought me a turkey sandwich rather than the turkey burger I ordered and my friends were half finished with their meals by the time my burger arrived. I prefer the ones I make but the fries were excellent. One friend said her stuffed cabbage was OK but she makes potato latkes that are better. Another liked her spinach knish, and her husband loved his tongue sandwich and pickles. Portions are generous.

Visited March 2012
Fort Myers, Florida
“Long Island, NY Came To Boca Raton, FL...It was just like I remembered!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Ben's Deli. Sure, this location is about 2 hours away from me in Fort Myers, FL on the west coast, but what a great two hour trip it was. The food is just like I remember it when I was a kid growing up on Long Island and going to Ben's Deli in Nesconset/Lake Grove every Friday night. The smells, the tastes, the pickles, the slaw....the recipe never changed. Consistency is a beautiful thing! Thank you Ben's Deli for being perfect in that area!

I had the pastrami on rye with the french fries. The fries were crispy. The rye bread was fresh. The pastrami was nice and hot. Just writing this review is making my mouth water! My wife had a turkey sandwich on wheat. The only complaint she had was there was too much turkey on her sandwich. I, personally, wanted to kick her out of the restaurant for saying that. But, she liked it (after she picked out some of the turkey from her sandwich).

The next time I'm back on the east coast, I'm driving out of my way for some deliciousness! Even though I'm not a citizen fo Boca Raton, I still got their Ben's Deli Frequent Customer card. I'll be back!

If you're in the Boca Raton area, forget about Jason's Deli...go to Ben's Deli. The food here is what dreams are made of!

Now, as an aside - what would you have to do to get a Ben's Deli in Fort Myers? :D

Visited March 2012