“Average in everything” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
Nutley, NJ
“Average in everything”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2007

Its hard to find a place that does nothing poorly, but nothing very well either. The Boca Embassy Suites does just that. Its simply a place to sleep for a day or two, but you certainly wouldn't want to stay much longer here.

The location: Just off I-95, in an office park with another hotel next door.

The good: Comfortable beds, 2 rooms with separate TV's, nice breakfast.

The bad: Rooms are very dark, small pool, popcorn is served as the "hor d'oevre" at the 5:00 managers reception, too much of the closer parking spaces were reserved for valet parking, the sofa bed was lumpy.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Philadelphia, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2007

This is a very good basic hotel. Check in was fast and our room was very clean. Excellent breakfast included in price. Helpful, friendly staff and loved the indoor waterfall. We were there for business and pleasure and the fact that it was right off I-95 was a real plus. It was a straight shot from the Ft. Lauderdale airport to hotel. We had to go south to Miami and north to West Palm Beach and the fact that we could be on 95 in 5 minutes was wonderful. Overall a really nice experience. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to that area of Florida.

• Liked — quick access to i-95
  • Disliked — there was really nothing we didn't like
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2007

The hotel was one of the best. The bed comfortable, the room clean and quiet and the hot breakfast had a large variety of items including made to order eggs and pancakes. The pool was very nice with lots of seating. We had no problems with the other buildings shading it as others said. Free parking and valet if wished. All for a very reasonable price. We'll stay here again.

• Liked — Clean and comfortable at an affordable price
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2007

A User Friendly Hotel

I thoroughly enjoyed this hotel. I always try to stay at an Embassy Suites because there is a separate bedroom and living area. Also, I like to have a refrigerator for food and drinks and medication. The staff was very accommodating ,polite and friendly. I had left swimming goggles by the pool but was not aware of it until I returned to NY and unpacked my suitcase. I called the housekeeping staff and they had them and sent them to me. There are also two laundry room on the premises which was not only convenient but affordable.
As a single female traveler, I particularly liked the openness of the center atrium so that you are never walking down a deserted hallway. You can see what is going on on every floor! The location of the hotel is very convenient. It is just off I 95 at Yamato Road and is close to Delray Beach and Boca attractions.

Stayed March 2007
Tampa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2007

Stayed at Embassy Suites weekend of March 16-18 with family of 4. The entry was nice, everything looked clean and upscale. Room was plenty spacious, which was nice for a family. Also was clean overall, but upon close inspection, some repairs were needed in bathroom (large cracks around tub), and carpet was a little damp when barefoot. Also, bedroom tv had some very fuzzy stations which were fine on the tv in the living room. I put my boys to bed around 10:00pm because they needed a good night's sleep for a judo competition the following day. The noise coming from downstairs was very loud. I called the front desk and asked when it would get quiet, and the lady said probably around 1:00am. I stuffed towels under the door and placed pillows and cushions around it to dampen the noise a bit.

Worst part of the hotel was the restaurant. I love the concept of the free hot breakfast, and my omelet was good, but the rest of the food was average at best, with a lot of it tasting like it was reheated. Dinner Friday night was horrible!!! Big-time restaurant prices for frozen entrees out of the microwave. My caesar salad tasted like it had been setting in a refrigerator for some time. I had ordered an appetizer of chips and spinach artichoke dip. When I received it, the chips looked like they had been dumped from the bottom of a bag - barely a whole chip on the plate. I tasted them, and they were stale - like they had been heated in an oven to bring back some freshness. My wife concurred. I sent them back for fresh chips. I received a new batch (they were better) when I was halfway through my meal. I thought, well, I won't complain too much because the server was nice, and I will probably get the appetizer comp'd. Nope - crappy meal for a full ticket!

I believe they want to provide a good experience at this hotel, and I have had worse, but I have also had much better. The restaurant needs to drastically reduce its prices or hire some new chefs.

• Liked — Nice inside hotel, free internet stations, friendly staff
  • Disliked — Restaurant - especially dinner
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Orland Park, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2007

The entire staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. Our room was ready prior to check in time. The breakfast was outstanding and the manager's reception was an added plus. Pool and pool area were clean and water was warm. We really had no complaints at all. Everything was in working order in our room. Already planning our stay for next March.

• Liked — The Breakfast
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2007

I have stayed at numerous Embassy Suites. One thing you can say about them is they are fairly consistent. With this one the room was smaller than average especially with 2 double beds. The one bed was against the wall. The bathroom could have been cleaner, especially the walls.

The breakfast was good as usual. However since we were there for the Super Bowl, you would think that the breakfast hours would have been extended somewhat due to the crowds.

The managers happy hour would have been nice but the drafts were not working properly.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — location of room; a lot of noise
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Embassy Suites Boca Raton? Share your experiences!