“Nice hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
Longueuil, Canada
“Nice hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I booked this hotel for a business purpose, so I did not spend a lot of time on hotel grounds.

I stayed 3 nights at this hotel, because it is 5 minutes away to the office.
I knew that they were on renovation, so I was aware of the noise, dust and all that comes along.

Checkin was fast. They asked if I wanted one or 2 cards.

I have used the gym room. The benches, elliptical, treadmills, bicycles, and they were all in good condition and working. Only the big workout machine needs attention. One of the handle is worn out, and the lock for the weight is just a mere screw. Should you use this machine, watch yourself out. Pictures attached.

Due to my tight schedule I could not attend the happy hour, nor use the pool nor spa, so i cannot comment on that.

Room was always cleaned properly and refilled.
What I did not like is the fact that my towels were not on the ground and they still changed them. Maybe it is different than in Canada where (we think green) only towels on the ground need to be replaced.

The alarm clock was one hour off and i could not change it.

Breakfast was the same for all 3 days. (maybe due to the renovations)
- fluffy eggs, grits, bacon.
- egg station
- cereals and various bread, muffins...

On their website,it is mentioned that the construction will end on June 30th, but on the 2nd of July, they were still at it.

Shopping malls were about 15 minutes from hotel.

Will return to this hotel, if I go back to FL.

Room Tip: I had room 545 and my coworker got room 450, which are both very far from the evelevator.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
AlCris, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind and candid response. We are pleased you would like to come back, and we look forward to it! We also will pass on your comments regarding the towles and the clock to our housekeeper. If the towels are left on thee floor, we should pick them up and replace them. We'll get it right.

Also, we have a great new menu for our new restaurant, 53rd Street Grille and Bar! Many more choices, and some new items for our breakfast buffet as well.

Hope to see you again soon,

Alan Cristantiello

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I don't understand why some people, knowing that the hotel is under renovation because is clearly explained in the hotel's website, write some bad reviews about the property. Of course we heard noises, the carpet was dirty, cables around, paint, mess, dusty air... but, what do you expect during construction??? Although all that is what we saw, we had a good time there. People are friendly, the breakfast was good, the room was clean, plenty of parking space. If you wanted something nice and clean go to another hotel and pay more, other than that, enjoy what you paid for. And yes, we'll be back.

Room Tip: Book an upper room facing the east.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the positive and thoughtful comments regarding your most recent stay, even through the renovation. We are almost complete, and within a week or two we will be totally refreshed and revitalized!

We appreciate your patience, and we look forward to your next stay. We'll make it memorable!

Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

May I begin by saying the staff here at Embassy Suites Boca are very friendly and tried to make our stay pleasant, but it was beyond their ability to overcome all the renovation going on. We were fortunate to be in one of their recently completed rooms on 7th floor away from noise from the train tracks. Thank goodness for that. There is hammering and drilling going on all over the hotel. The decor of the main lobby is really lacking with bare walls with fresh paint throughout. Not attractive at all. During their welcome hour the construction continued with hammering and drilling in the midst of happy hour. No way to relax. We finally took our drinks up to our room. The room itself is adequate, but seems a bit small compared to the many Embassy Suites we gave stayed in over our travels. Maybe it's just a sign of the times, getting less for more. Hope not for this chain as we have enjoyed our stays in the past. Not going to be back to this one as I feel they should have closed the doors during all the mess they are in right now. Perhaps it will be better at some point. Very disappointing....

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments, and I'm sure when we have completed our "revitalization", our new product will match our service and provide for a memorable experience. New Bar and Restaurant, inviting and comfortable lobby and premium suites are now ready for you!

Please come back, we'll Make It Right!

Arlington, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Very poor internet in rooms (none in bedroom), hotel manages temp in rooms after 10PM so be prepared to wake up warm, poor water pressure, overcooked breakfast, cheap reception food and restaurant value leaves a lot to be desired.

Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Is a great hotel, great food, a great room for me and my family, every was very nicely with me and my family, I love the manager reception in Embassy Suites, Barbara was great with me and my family complimentary breakfast was perfect, the room very clean and comfortable, I am 100% sure my next trip to BOca Raton I will book in this hotel

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you very much for staying with us, and for enjoying your stay. We will be sure to pass on your nice comments to Barbara, our bartender for the Evening Reception. She is a true gem and Ambassador for our proerty and for Embassy Suites.

Please come back, we enjoy so much having you with us, and we'll provide a memorable experience in our newly refreshed and revitalized hotel next time as well.

Tampa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

When you figure in the cost it would be to pay for breakfast for a family at Denny's or an equal rated restaurant, that is when you realize that the cost of your stay was very inexpensive!!! The evening complementary drink and snack was really nice too, I had never experienced that before!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

AlCris, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton, responded to this review, October 6, 2014
Dear Carmen,

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your most recent stay. Just a note...we've completed our renovation, and it looks even better than when you were here.

Please come back, we'd love to have you stay with us again!

Jena, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I recently had a work trip that necessitated that I stay at the Boca Raton Embassy Suites hotel. At first glance, the outside of the hotel doesn't imply that it's the most modern hotel available, but the hotel is currently undergoing renovations throughout, including the atrium.

I was very pleased with my stay, especially the breakfast and the decor of the newly renovated atrium. My room appeared to have been recently renovated. The king size bed was amazing! My only suggestion would be to install better television units. Also, $9.95 per day for Internet is outrageous! If, like me, you refuse to pay for Internet, it's available in the business center for free just off the atrium. The breakfast was great. Although, there were quite a few gnats attacking some of the fruit and muffins.

I would highly recommend the prime rib that is available at the Twin Palms restaurant in the atrium for dinner (well done). Follow that with the "obnoxious chocolate cake." You'll be amazed at how tasty a combination that is.

I will definitely return when I'm back in the Boca Raton area again!

Room Tip: Choose a King Size Bed. Also, try to get a higher floor so you can get a great view.
Dear Michael,

We've also changed our restaurant name and concept, all brand new. It's now 53rd Street Grille and Bar, with big TV's, lounge furniture and a whole new exciting menu....and yes, we've kept the Obnoxious Chocolate Cake, and we have another slice ready, just for you!

Please come back, we'd love to have you stay with us again!