“Great Breakfast” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
New York City, New York
“Great Breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have stayed at this ES several times. It's a bit quieter in the rooms at this location which is good for sleeping. Bed is comfortable, tv in each room is good. Free wifi very much appreciated and signal was good in suite. Coffee and small fridge in the room is great. I always like to pick up waters, juices, fruit when I travel so the fridge is a good amenity. Front desk staff is for the most part friendly and helpful. The room décor, and bathrooms in particular could use a make over. The gym is adequate. Happy hour is a nice touch, but would like to see better snacks. Best thing by far is the complimentary breakfast. The short order cook has been here for years. He makes the best pancakes I have ever had anywhere, and makes eggs to order. I always give him a good tip. I have not had a comparable breakfast at any other ES, anywhere. They also have cereals, yogurt, fruits, bagels, and a full hot buffet breakfast in addition to the short order cook. The pool area needs a makeover, and new lounge chairs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
BocaRatonEmbassy, General Manager at Embassy Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
It's wonderful to hear such lovely compliments and always a pleasure serving you. We truly value your loyalty to us and appreciate the feedback. I've thanked our team for their dedicated service and let the food and beverage team know about their breakfast notoriety. We'll be sure to keep your suggestions in mind during any potential refresh opportunities and can't wait to see you again. Thank you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Dallas/Fort Worth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The rooms are laid out nicely, so that you really have a quiet space to sleep, which is nice. I also found the front desk personnel to be extremely nice. However, I felt dirty the whole time I was there. The walls really need some fresh paint, and the floor was dirty all around the baseboards. It just didn't feel clean. The complimentary breakfast sounds great, but when you get there, it doesn't quite measure up. Cold butter and cold syrup on cold, mushy French toast? Not good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback and for taking the time to highlight your experiences here at the hotel. I apologize for your experience during our Complimentary Breakfast. Your objective feedback on our room décor is something I will be reviewing with my team. This type of information does provide us with an opportunity to review our amenities and ensure we are providing quality service and product to our Guest. Thank you again.
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed 2 nights here for a seminar that I attended. The hotel was nicely appointed, and fairly clean overall. The staff was fairly helpful, depended on the person at the desk, most were very helpful. The breakfast was nice, and easy enough to order a fresh omlette. We really enjoyed the happy hour, though the snacks were not great. A little upgrade on the snacks (goldfish and chips) and the food would have made a difference between 3 star and 4 star rating. The breakfast was ok.. there was something you could find that was suitable. I was a little hesitant to stay due to other comments, and was hoping for the best. I was not able to access wifi and the computer room was accidently locked, so nobody including staff could get inside. The shower was not as clean as I had hoped, which led me to believe that the rest of the room was the same. I did not inspect it. The bed was clean and comfortable, which matters a lot to me. The rooms were quiet and we were able to get a good nights sleep. We did not use the pool, nor the gym. Overall, it sounds like a lot of complaints, but for the area and price, it should have been better, and it would not take much to make it better.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We're so happy to hear that you chose to stay with us during your business seminar and that your overall stay with us was very pleasant. I'm sorry to hear that the complimentary Evening Reception did not have the snack options you were expecting and will review our options, moving forward. I'm also sorry to hear about the Business Center and WiFi issues you experienced. We're working with our team and internet service provider to ensure that we do our best to avoid this issue in the future. We hope you'll come back to see our improvements.
Kind regards,
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I first stayed in the property many years ago, and have stayed there many times through the years. I've always had a good stay -- and some of the features are nice -- local shuttle service, happy hour, breakfast, etc.

My last stay was a short one, but when I found out I had to be in the area, it was a simple decision to stay here. I didn't get a chance to take advantage of many of the amenities or the hotel's features, but my stay was still good. A few points to check into -- charges for WiFi/internet connection, business amenities (I am not intimately familiar, but I think there's a few stand-up computers/kiosks, and "business" or "computer" center with cubicles, but I am not sure). I travel with my blackberry, laptop, chargers, cables, and everything so I really didn't need to access any of this.

Also, some have said the furniture is a bit "dated" and while that's OK to some, and it may not impact anything else -- it may also be reflective of a bigger/broader topic. Perhaps the rooms needing to be remodeled/renovated. I've never had problems with any room features, and the furniture doesn't impact my stay. Some people say the property is in need of a renovation. Perhaps it needs that, but the property is not run-down or suffering. I do not know when the last renovation took place, but again, perhaps the overall property is probably in need of some upgrading/renovating. Does that mean I wouldn't stay here? No, I would stay here.

I've heard some things about noise, from trains, machinery/equipment/etc. I've never found this to be an issue, and I tend to stay on a high floor (especially if the hotel is not fully booked). Check the room tips. I would say stay away from the side where the train tracks are, and/or perhaps you want to overlook the atrium. I like a high-floor and have never waited long for an elevator. Overlooking the pool can be nice, but I am not sure of all the rooms and whether any of them overlook or are next to the train.

Overall, I have always been a fan of this property and I'd stay again no questions asked.

Room Tip: See my comments above, and read the other tips as well.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback and for taking the time to highlight your experiences here at the hotel. You honest information about our Suite décor. The detail review is most helpful to us but also to future Guest. It was good to see that you had an overall good stay and that the team here looked after you. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Wayne, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I am Hilton Diamond member for a number of years, so pretty much know the drill..

On arrival at 1345 my room was not ready. No big deal, I will sit out by the pool and catch up on email - WiFi read WOTFi, I have no idea when they installed their technology but connectivity was non existent by the pool area and very spotty and unreliable once I eventually managed to get in to my musty smelling dingy room. No bottles of water that you normally get on arrival as a Diamond loyalty member. No vouchers for breakfast until I went down to the lobby and asked for both, I had to walk down, as the phone in the room did not work.

Wont be back..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
BocaRatonEmbassy, General Manager at Embassy Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your loyalty as a rewards member and we value your feedback regarding your stay. I'm terribly sorry to hear that your room was not ready for you when you arrive and appreciate your flexibility. However, the cleanliness missteps you encountered, once entering your room, is disappointing. We appreciate that you alerted us about this the poor WiFi connectivity so we can address them with our team and internet service provider. Staff have also been reminded to carefully examine each rewards members' information for their My Way benefits selections and ensure the appropriate offerings have been made. We hope that you'll give us another chance to serve you in Boca and let us know how we can be of service in the future. Kind Regards
Crestview, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Excellent complementary breakfast and reception. The beds are so comfortable that it's hard to get up once you lie down. The internet daily charge is overpriced, but had good speed. The location is prime for mall shopping...6-10 minute drive from hotel depending on traffic.

Room Tip: Make sure you get higher than the 3rd floor. A train runs near the hotel..higher means you won'...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
It is great to read that you enjoyed the breakfast, hotel location and general overall stay at the hotel. We apprecitate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Thank you Again.
west Hartford, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Overall this was a nice hotel. Three things they could improve that would sent its rating thru the roof. The pool is totally in the shade all day long. When ur in fla u want some sun but it was cold even though it was 78 out. Also, the rooms r adequate but need intense upgrading. The bedding was old and ripped- get up with the times and the Hilton family. For a "suite" it was basically an over sized regular hotel room. Thirdly parking was always an issue. The service was excellent and the breakfasts were nice. The managers reception was an added bonus to a long day.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for the feedback and for taking the time to highlight your experiences here at the hotel. You honest information about our Suite decor and Parking is helpful to us. I also appreciate your kind words concerning our Team. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.

Been to Embassy Suites Boca Raton? Share your experiences!