“Dirty and Loud” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Dirty and Loud”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I'm a Marriott rewards member and used points to stay here for a quick overnight between vacation destinations. Fortunately, this stay didn't cost me a lot of points, and knowing what I know now, I'd never pay money to stay here.

Specifically, my family had issues with the location and general cleanliness of the room. We checked in at 6pm or so, and requested from the front-desk agent, Carlos, a room in a quiet area. He assured me that the room he placed my family in was located in the "quietest part of hotel." We brought our bags to our room, cleaned up, and went out to dinner. When we returned and got ready for bed around 830pm, we discovered that our room was proximate to the hotel pool, and noise from kids playing carried up to our room until 10pm or so.

Regarding cleanliness, the room had a strong musty odor, and when my 10-year old first used the bathroom, she discovered remnant body hair (from the room's previous occupant?) on the toilet seat. The next morning we intended to make coffee in the room, only to discover dirty coffee mugs in the cabinet that had clearly not been washed. We instead had our coffee in the lobby at breakfast, checked out (again with Carlos), and were on our way.

External areas weren't pristine, either. The stairway going up to our 2nd floor room hadn't been swept in a while, and there were random long hairs dangling off the sides of the steps.

If for whatever reason you still choose to stay here, be advised there is limited parking and your car may end up quite a distance from your room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Doris D, General Manager at Residence Inn Boca Raton, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. First, let me apologize for the negative impression and feeling you received at our hotel, we strive to give every guest an exceptional stay. I assure you we take great pride in maintaining our property and ensuring it is clean for all of our guests. We take all feedback very seriously and there is always opportunity for improvements, so I assure you that I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team and we will work hard to rectify any and all housekeeping concerns. The interaction with our staff member with regards to your comments about the noise is certainly not typical and I will be sure to raise your experience with our entire service team as a training exercise. I will also be sure to pass on your comments to our Front Desk Clerk regarding the room location and assure you that we do our best to accommodate requests based on availability. We hope to see you again in the future!
Please feel free to contact myself directly at doris.diaz@marriott.com if you are travelling to Boca Raton again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay.
Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that the remainder of your trip Florida was most enjoyable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Knoxville Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is not a 4 star it is just barely a 3 star, if that. It is difficult to find, even though it is close to the interstate. OH, and is it close to the interstate and the noise. It is next an acceleration lane and you will not need an alarm clock, morning commute traffic will wake you. There is not enough parking and you will probably not be able to park next to your room, and if you are on the second floor, there is NO elevator. The furnishings are OK, but they look like they belong in a Motel 6 or less. Room was clean, just not quality. This is not a Marriott quality hotel,

Room Tip: If you want a cheap, large room, get up early before the traffic noise begins, don't mind carryi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Great staff, really nice service from manager and front desk, clean and modern rooms equipped with state of the art kitchen, you feel actually in a nice neighborhood, perfect location close to i95, lovely location since you're close to west palm, delray, deerfield and downtown boca, plenty of things to do in this part of south florida, looking forward to return!!!!! Did I mention the great staff?

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
N. Attleboro, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Staff are nice. Location is a bit tricky in the middle of an industrial park with nothing nearby but railroad tracks and the highway. Breakfast is ok, coffee was like tar. Room in building 7 was a studio on the second floor with no elevator. Very clean and well kept.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Parkland, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in a duplex suite with 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms. First we were put in building number 10. Unfortunately, building number 10 has railroad tracks that run directly in front. After about an hour in that room and three trains going through, we requested to be moved. The manager moved us to building 3 which was the perfect location as it was right next to the pool and main building where breakfast is served.

The room is spacious with two queen sized beds, updated bathrooms, updated kitchens stocked with dishes, glasses, utensils, full fridge. The living room has a sleeper sofa. We has 2 couples and 2 kids and were very comfortable in this room. The only negative is the upstairs bedroom is more of a loft so there is limited privacy and the tvs between the living room and this loft room clashed with each other.

The breakfast served daily was a complimentary hot cooked breakfast - typical for this type of hotel. On Wed eve there is a bbq and free beer - it was just ok but i guess if its free, who am i to complain? The pool area was great - wifi worked throughout and there is also a hottub. Only negative is the pool area fronts Congress Ave which is quite noisy. There is a buffer fence and shrubbery but still noisy.

There is an on site workout room and laundry. I didnt use either. Parking is also difficult - many times had to park about 6 buildings away.

The staff here is terrific. Nelson and Maria, managers on duty during my stay, were more than accommodating. I didnt hear the word "no" once from either of them, which makes me a happy traveler.

This wouldnt be my first choice for my annual vacation but being down to visit family, this was a great accommodation for our size group. Clean, updated, affordable.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Plainview, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

december through march there are a number of "regulars" who stay for a month or more. they are very entertaining. The hotel has a thursday night happy hour, wine and cheese. Rooms are near and far from main house where breakfast is served each morning. Decent coffee, eggs are edible (most buffet hotel breakfasts - the eggs are not). I made my self an "egg mc muffin" it was good. Make your self a fresh waffel. pool is reasonable. It is a good location if you are visiting family in the boca area and don't want to spend to much. Book in advance.

Room Tip: rooms in building 2-5 are close to the main area. Ask for the ground level if you don't want to...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed in a spacious 2 bedroom suite. Very clean and nice decor. Large comfortable kitchen area. The only downside was the second bedroom is a 2nd floor loft balcony that is open to lower level and dangerous for small children who could easily fall/jump over the ledge. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast had numerous choices.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Boca Raton? Share your experiences!