Arriving late, I was welcomed by the front desk clerk and quickly checked in so I could get to my room and much needed sleep. And then, every business travelers worst nightmare...Sheets that are NOT clean. It was too late at night (and I had already gotten ready for bed) to go down and through the hassle of changing rooms.
My next surprises hit me like cold water in the face...specifically from the water from the shower. It took a good 5 minutes to warm up...and I could only wonder if this was due to the all of the plumbing from the shower literally falling out of the wall. The shower head, faucet, were all loose to touch and I thought they'd come apart in my hand. I also noticed around the sink; it wasn't clean. The sealant around the sick was old, cracked and brown in color with the remains of a number of other guests body hair stuck to it. And all I with say about the toilet seat was that it was falling off.
The other unnerving aspect of this hotel was the elevators. One of them had a "hiccup" when it was coming to the floor and the door hesitated to open. The other unit moved incredibly slowly. I was in it twice with other guests and we were all commenting that we'd hope we'd make it to our floor without a problem. Neither seemed safe.
The breakfast was standard, it was nice to see fresh bananas and oranges. The scrambled eggs were not of good quality and tepid in the chafing dish. Nice selection of beverages in the morning. The internet worked well and the parking lot is lit up nicely and easily accessible to the 95.
When I left the hotel, I noticed the housekeeping service is managed by Jani-King. I can only imagine if this is the reason why the room was dirty and not up to typical Marriott standard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SpringHill Suites Boca Raton is the ideal hotel for business, family vacations, or romantic getaways. Located in Boca Raton, Florida, the SpringHill Suites is within minutes of several local businesses and championship golf courses like Broken Sound Golf Course. You will be sure to enjoy outstanding service and amenities at the SpringHill Suites Boca Raton. Our suites are 25% larger than the traditional hotel room giving you space to relax and enjoy your trip. Other amenities for you to enjoy include an outdoor pool, Free Wifi, Complimentary Hot Breakfast, and 24 Hour Fitness Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Marriott and Priceline so you can book your SpringHill Suites by Marriott Boca Raton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Boca Raton Hotel Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Springhill Suites