“Great economical place to stay in Boca Raton” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
jpl34747
“Great economical place to stay in Boca Raton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

We stayed one night to attend at Bon festival at the Morikami museum and Japanese Gardens on 8/13. Stayed before for another event 6 months ago and liked it. Everything was clean and staffs were well-trained and courteous. I made a request to change the room and Jamie took care of it very efficiently. Pool and jacuzzi were very clean.
I noticed difference of size for room, so I will note as a suggestion.

This time, we stayed on the first floor in rooms 109 & 111 connected rooms. 109 was accessible room with double beds and a sofa bed which has extra space. Three to four can stay easily feeling clammed up. However, the accessible room does not have a bath tub, so if you want to have a bath tub, do not reserve it. All odd number rooms facing at the parking lot side. No pretty view, but you will hear less of train passing by ( local train station is in walking distance) and you can keep eyes on your car.
The last time, we stayed top floor ( 5th) in 2 double beds suite. The room size was much smaller, or placement of bathroom made us feel clammed in the space. ( when you open the sofa bed located at the front part of the room, we could not pass through to the other side....)
Room is well-equipped with mini-frig, coffee maker, plenty of towels. Bedding was fresh and comfortable.
Well equipped with free wi-fi at entire property, fitness room, business room (with desktop and printer), free buffet breakfast ( with waffle maker, hot meal; egg, sausage, selection of bread, fruits, hot oatmeal, juice and coffee, tea...)
The price: Go to Mariott website and reserve directly to get the best deal. Use your AAA or AARP to get further discount. I used the Mariott reward point for one room and paid just $55 with AAA discount for another!
The location: Just off I-95 on Yamato Rd. in Business district. There are plenty of restaurants and grocery store (Publix) within 1/4 miles.
Boca Raton is Mariott hotel chains territory. If you like more "resort" style hotel. Go couple miles south on Glades St. Both Mariott hotel Boca Raton and Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel were great, too. ( but add another $30+/night)
I will surely put this hotel on my list in Boca Raton for budget accommodation.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
JenDott, Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Boca Raton, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the SpringHill Suites Marriott Boca Raton on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to have had the opportunity of serving you again and appreciate your loyalty. I am delighted to know that Jamie provided such exceptional service to you and your family. I will certainly share your remarks with Jamie and know he will be very appreciative of your special recognition of his efforts. It is always our goal to exceed expectations and I am very pleased to hear that this was your experience. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the SpringHill Suites sometime soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Punta Gorda, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

This place was super clean! the staff at the front was very very nice. The ammenities are great here. Really nice pool too! They have a nice buisness center, I highly recomend this Hotel to anyone viviting this area!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Dear drivitlkustoleit,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and all we have to offer at our hotel! Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have the opportunity of serving you again soon!
Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Nice facility, easy access to 95, v nice pool area. lobby and breakfast pleasant. Rooms typical SHS design. Things like pillows, towels and toiletries a little below standard from the SHS's Ive stayed in recently. Reasonable price.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor and for sharing your comments regarding your recent experience at the SpringHill Suites Marriott Boca Raton. We are delighted that you enjoyed our facility & amenities and found our rates reasonable. I have shared your feedback regarding the pillows and toiletries with our general manager and I want to assure you that all of our products are in compliance with Marriott Brand standards. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel sometime in the very near future.
florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

Pro: The hotel was nice however, it is near a train stop. I asked for a room on the other side of the hotel no problem. Train could be heard only a little inside the hotel room.
Pro: Front desk checkin/out quickly done.
Pro: Breakfast was very nice plenty of selection.
Pro: Room was nice and clean.
Con: I agree about noise in the hallway the housekeeping was very noisy. The housekeeping tried to enter the room before check out. I felt housekeeping was hurring us along however, we stayed until checkout.
Con: Hotels need to have doors that do not slam closed because guests are sleeping in the early mornings hours.

Room Tip: There is a train stop close by however if the noise bothers you ask for a room on the other side of...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
JenDott, Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Boca Raton, responded to this review, July 13, 2011
Dear Ladzbugg,

We appreciate you taking the time in leaving us feedback about your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our accomodations and amenities. In addition, we have addresed your concern with our housekeeping staff. Thank you again for your valuable feedback and hope to have you back with us again in the near future.

SpringHill Suites Marriott Boca Raton Staff
Baltimore, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times when visiting my son who goes to college in Boca. On my most recent visit I once again stayed at the Springhill Suites, and I have noticed a few changes.

The desk chair in the room needs to be updated. Even on the highest setting the chair is too low if you want to work at the desk. The towels in the bathroom appear to be getting thin. There is only shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom--no lotion. The mini fridge and microwave are still extremely convenient. The air conditioning is efficient and quiet. The beds are comfortable, and the free internet is fast. The free breakfast is still good--make-your-own-waffles, hard boiled eggs,muffins, pancakes, toast, bagels, English muffins, hot oatmeal, cereals, yogurt, fruit, sausage, scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, milk, juices, coffee, all types of tea, The major drawback at breakfast time is the woman who is in charge of it. Breakfast is served from 6:30-9:30, and heaven help the hotel guests who arrive between 9:15 and 9:30. At 9:30 sharp she begins grabbing everything and hurriedly starts locking things up. If guests wish to get a few more items to eat or drink at 9:30, she gives annoyed glances their way, and has a very surly manner with them. Her mood is not much better at 7:30 either. Her attitude is a total contrast to the other hotel employees who go out of their way to be friendly, helpful, and polite. Maybe she was just having a bad week during my last visit.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
JenDott, Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Boca Raton, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
Dear Theatremom,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we truly appreciate your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and found our rooms comfortable and convenient. Also, thank you for letting us know about your experience in our breakfast area. We have addressed this with our staff and assure you that this is not our standard service. We hope that you will visit us again soon!
White Plains, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

I stayed here from April 29th- May 1st with my boyfriend for a visit to the Boca Raton/Miami area to visit several family members. We arrived around 11 pm on April 29th and the man at the front desk greeted us very kindly and checked us in quickly. He told us about the free breakfast in the morning and told us how to get to our room. The room is comfy looking when you walk in. As soon as we walked in there was a couch and two lamps to the left and a desk area, sink and mini fridge to the right. The bed was past the couch with a little wall dividing the couch from the bed. The flat screen tv was in between the couch and bed on a nightstand but the tv can be turned to either the bed or the couch. The bathroom which included a toilet and bathtub was clean. The sink area which included towels, hair dryer, tissues, soap and shampoo was also clean. I woke up multiple times throughout the course of the night because the mattress was so soft and every time my boyfriend would move it would wake me up. The bed had 6 pillows which was really nice. At 6 AM I heard a loud group of people and from then on my ability to sleep got shot down. You can hear every single sound someone in the hallway is making. We didn't hear anyone in the rooms next to us. Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday was from 7AM-10AM and consisted of the usual: cereal, waffles, hard boiled eggs, muffins, english muffins, bagels, coffee, tea, orange juice, cranberry juice, milk. The seating area for breakfast is very nice. This hotel is good for the price but if you are a light sleeper I would suggest you find a hotel with good reviews about the sleep quality.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
JenDott, Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Boca Raton, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
We appreciate your time in leaving us feedback about your stay at the SpringHill Suites Boca Raton! The beds in all of our guest rooms are new pillowtop mattresses and are the "Marriott Bedding Package". We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and amenities and we are happy to be able to provide you and every guest with excellent service. Please visit us again the next time you are in the Boca Raton area!
Brandon, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

Stayed in late March while on a visit to FAU. Hotel was conveniently located to the University and I-95. Room was clean but the rate of over $145 was a little high. Sleeping wasn't an issue for me but my husband complained that he heard the train come by(the hotel is right next to the tracks). Also, if you want to sleep with some darkness, make sure you don't take a room that faces the parking lot. Our room was right next to the light pole and the light showed through our room all night. I checked for room darkening shades but they didn't have them. Not crazy about the layout of the bathroom/sink area. The toilet/shower is in one room while the sink is in another. For the price they charged, SpringHill suites should provide at least 2 queen beds. Not even sure if they were doubles. All in all, a nice stay but I would choose another hotel the next time.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
First we thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule and sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit with us. I have shared your comments with our general manager and assure you that we have "black out shades" in all of our guest rooms. In addition, all of our rooms with (2) Beds are Double/Double Beds. We are terribly sorry that your husband's sleep was disturbed as we are located close to the train tracks, there is a city mandate that there are to be no horns nor signals during the night hours and our windows have triple-pane glass. We hope that should you allow us the opportunity of serving you again in the future and that you please contact me directly and I will see to it that your room is perfect and quiet. Thanks again for your feedback.

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Boca Raton? Share your experiences!