“Pros and Cons” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
NYC
“Pros and Cons”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

As a previous reviewer said, a lot of things seem to be half done in this hotel. I think a lot has to do with staff training.

Everyone was very friendly and helpful. We were always greeted with a smile entering and leaving the hotel. When we checked in, we were sent to a room that was either still in use or had not been cleaned yet. Staff was quick to make a change, but it really should not have happened at all (the hotel doesn't have that many rooms to keep track of).

The hotel is green and asks the usual if you want to reuse your towels to hang them up. But, we still would expect our linens in the bed to be changed, especially since there is a kitchen and you would think people eat in the room. We hung our towels up, but those were replaced while our sheets over 3 days were never changed.

The television swivels so that you can watch from either the couch or the bed, but it is on a low nightstand in the middle of the room, so it is really difficult to see from the bed, especially if more than one person is there.

There was a breakfast, but it is limited to some juice and prepacked muffins and danish, which seemed to have been frozen and defrosted several times. I understand that is nice for people to take with them, but at least have some more options and fresher food.

It is conveniently located, but there is limited parking and the trains do run nearby. The rooms are adequate size and the property inside seemed clean.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
TownePlaceBocaRaton, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding the service from our team members. I am happy you found them very helpful, friendly and quick to respond to your concerns. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. We are proudly one of the extended stay hotel brands by Marriott. Towneplace Suites has a customized cleaning process where frequency and levels of service depend of the length of your stay. Housekeeping services include daily refreshes for guests staying less than five nights and a full clean done once every seven days for each guest. Changing the linens is part of our full clean service, done once a week. However, we are happy to change the sheets at any time, upon request from our valued guests. We are truly sorry about the lack of communication and understanding regarding our housekeeping program. We appreciate you feedback and apologize if your stay did not meet your expectations and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Dahlonega, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel numerous times and decided it was finally time to write a review. It's convenient to just about anywhere in Boca and centrally located between PBI and FLL. It's a heartbeat off I-95, too. The staff is always welcoming, the rooms are roomy and it's great having a full kitchen, if for no other reason than there's plenty of room for my Diet Coke. There's a nice pool if you're so inclined. The only possible drawbacks are that the closest parking spots tend to fill up quickly (part of the lot is shared with the Springhill Suites next door) and the railroad tracks run right by one side of the hotel. (If you grew up listening to trains like me, it's no big deal.) It's usually one of the lower-priced options in Boca Raton - and it's pet-friendly (although it does come with Marriott's standard pet fee, which is a bit steep). There's a free light breakfast, too. All in all it's an excellent place to stay for a couple of nights or longer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side facing away from the railroad tracks, just to be safe.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
TownePlaceBocaRaton, Public Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us!

Your feedback was truly appreciated. We hope to welcome you back to the TownePlace Suites Boca Raton anytime your travels bring you back to our beautiful area!
Alexandria, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

My room in this TownePlace Suites was clean, and the bed and linens were wonderful.

Otherwise I can't recommend this hotel.

Marriott booked me into this hotel, which turned out to be overbooked. After an hour's wait I got a room. As compensation, I was offered a free frozen dinner from the little grocery in the lobby.

The decor was grim industrial. Orange and brown walls, and unbelievably ugly wall hangings. The fluorescent light in the kitchen area was unpleasant. The walls are very thin. The soap in the bathroom sink soap dish was used. The bath tub floor is considerably higher than the bathroom floor, I almost fell when I stepped out of the tub. The coffee from the morning breakfast bar was bitter or burned.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
TownePlaceBocaRaton, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your comments.
The hotel has just gone through a renovation to all of the rooms, wall colors and much more. All upgrades are part of a Marriott design, and we have no control over the design choices that were made for the brand.
Thank you for your feedback regarding the condition of your suite and we have communicated this to our housekpeeing department for future training. We are truly sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations and hope to have the pleasure of serving you in the future.
Euless, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

All hotel employees were fantastic during my 3 week stay. Convenient to two airports, Highway 95 & plenty of golf courses. Breakfast choices were minimal, but it was free. Hotel was just renovated (I don't know why, since I was there in May 2013 and it was just fine then), but did not have any irritating new paint smells

Room Tip: You'll want a room on the north side to avoid hearing highway traffic (not too bad, but noticeab...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

The hotel is not bad but a lot of things seem to be half baked.

The location is convenient. You can hear the traffic of the I-95 outside the hotel. My room faced the higway but it was pretty quiet.

The staff is mostly very friendly and helpful. The only exception was this lady when I checked out - she somehow never had a smile on her face.

It seemed the hotel is finishing up with some renovation. I can still smell paint in my room. The bed is comfortable but the room was not that clean. There were long hair in my shower, leftover paint drops on the furniture and even the phone on the nightstand was broken (lots of buttons missing). I got a handicap room and the chair in the shower, when flipped up, showed mold.

This is only the 3rd TPS I have stayed at. In the last 2, there were dedicated breakfast areas. This one does not really have one - basically a table where you can get the food but no tables to sit down and eat.

So, over all, the hotel is OK but just makes you feel it is not quite there and something is missing...On the bright side, I think with a little more work, it would be very good.

Room Tip: Avoid I-95 side if you are a very light sleeper.
Green Features: It was nice to have a recycle bin in the kitchen in the room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Hope M, Manager at TownePlace Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Good Afternoon,
We value and welcome our guests with the anticipation of developing relationships and building bridges .We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent Hotel visit. Once again please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest expierence when your travels bring you back to this area.
Daytona Beach, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I have to say that this was the worst Marriott property I've ever stayed at. I'm not sure were those better reviews are coming from but our room was about on par with a mid-level Motel 6 at best. The room was musty smelling, the carpet worn and the entire place just seemed like it was very tired. I saw some painting going on in the common areas but this place needs more than paint. As a long time Marriott Rewards member, I can't believe Marriott has their name on this place. Had it not been a late-night arrival and the fact that we were only staying one night, we would have left. I will not return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

we stayed there over the new year's holiday. the hotel & room are clean the kitchenette is well furnished. the hotel is being renovated (and it shows). the only negative point is that the bed in the room we stayed was not "updated" so it had a dent in the middle and was quite soft, so you had to hold on to the side of the bed not to get back in the middle
do not expect much on the breakfast side ( only a cereal bar & yogurt) but with the kitchen in the room you can make your own.
other than that i would recommend this hotel ! a good stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to TownePlace Suites Boca Raton? Share your experiences!