“nice, tropical themed but the beds are a little worn out.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #5 of 26 hotels in Boca Raton
florida
“nice, tropical themed but the beds are a little worn out.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Lovely hotel with a tropical pool area. Stayed here many times over the last 2 years. Been in many of the rooms. Contemporary styled lobby and rooms. Beds are a little worn and losing their support. Morning buffet is fairly good but a little expensive for what is offered.

Room Tip: Upper floors preferrred. Generally a quiet hotel on all floors. Ask for a discount card for the morn...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Debra S, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Hello and thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay. I am glad that you had a pleasant experience at the hotel and with my team.

We have been making upgrades to our hotel and continue to do so. We welcome you back to the hotel to see these changes for yourself.

Thank you again and make it a great day!

484 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Spent two days at the Renaissance for business. Arrived at around 23 hrs and they had no food avaiable but I could order at a place nearby for delivery to the room. Only got phone number no menu. Didn't bother and went to bed. Room did not have a mini bar despite the cupboard for it. At some stage wanted to order a drink at the pool bar. Several guests waiting for service but nobody there. During breakfast, needed to ask for sugar and a spoon. Eggs Benedict were superb though! Wifi was free and functioned very well. All in all okayish for a business stay for one or two nights, wouldn't go there for holidays.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
I would like to thank you for posting comments regarding your recent experience with us on Trip Advisor. I appreciate any and all feedback that our guests share with us.

I apologize that you did not receive great service during your stay. Our pool bar and Umbria restaurant close are typically closed during the time of our arrival. There are not many places within Boca that serve late into the evening except for one or two restaurants. We should have explained their menu and extended additional services to you. Again please accept my apology for the lack of service that you had received.

Thank you again for your time and I look forward to meeting you when your travels bring you back to Boca Raton and to our hotel.

Scotia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Very nice property. Staff is very helpful and friendly. This was my third stay here and loved it. Very nice pool area with an out door bar, not large but big enough. Very close to shopping and restaurants. Rooms are good sized and the bed was very comfortable with excellent pillows. My experience in Boca is the tap water is not very good so you may want to pick up a bottle or two for personal consumption. It is available through room service and vending but I would rather save a couple of bucks and buy it on the way to the hotel. I will be back in a couple of weeks and I am looking forward to it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
I would like to express my thanks for taking time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad that you had a wonderful experience with us.

I would like to inform you that we now provide complimentary bottled water on our club level rooms so you do not have to bring your own.

I look forward to meeting you on your next visit to our hotel and the fabulous city of Boca Raton.

Thank you and make it a great day!

Vero Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Let me say that while this may have been a 4 Star Hotel at one time, I would give it a 2.5 now. The lobby was nice but not very clean, the staff was indifferent and the pool are was dirty, loud, uncomfortable and not enjoyable. The hotel charged our card for things we did not do (meals etc...) and I had to fight with the management by showing them receipts of where we did acutally eat to get the charges reversed. Phone calls by management were not returned and we will NEVER visit this hotel again. The service (or lack of) sealed the deal but the screaming children, loud rooms and lack of ambiance did not help either.

Room Tip: I would stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all of the feedback we receive from our guests.

We have instilled a thorough cleaning program for our entire pool area including the cabanas and pool chairs, umbrellas, etc. We power wash the stairs and patio area on a regular basis.

I apologize for the lack of service that you had received regarding your billing. I assure you that this is not a normal occurrence and we will make every efforts to prevent it from happening again.

I look forward to meeting you during your next stay with us when you visit the beautiful Boca Raton area.

South Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Multiple problems. AC thermostat not working. When fixed, blew cold damp air. Room musty, and everything soggy. Sink and tub faucets broken. Toilet was vintage airport style with exposed plumbing. Never completely fixed. No place to hang bath or hand towels. Cracked water glass, never replaced. No towels one day. Had to grab from maid's cart. Light bulb out in bathroom. Had to request from housekeeping. Melted ice left in bucket and no plastic liners left. TV very dark and was told there was no way to adjust brightness. Complained to desk and was offered free breakfast which we don't eat. (Just came from Hampton in Fort Myers which includes breakfast in room fee). Complained to corporate who offered us free weekend. Without a 100% redo, why would submit ourselves to this. Jumped into a hot shower as soon as we got home.

• Stayed May 2013
I would like to thank you for taking time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I appreciate any and all feedback from my guests.

I apologize for the less than pleasant experience that you had with us. We strive to make every guest have a wonderful time with us. We are making improvements everyday and I welcome you to return to our hotel to see these changes for yourself.

I assure you that you will not have a repeat experience. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Thank you and make it a great day!

West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed at the Renaissance Hotel May 5-8, 2013. I made reservations thru their direct website... not a third party site. I requested a military discount and it gave me a rate of $40/night for a room that is normally priced $179/night. If $179 is the regular price, this would be an overcharge for this room. It was about a $100/night room. When I saw the rate of $40/night for military, I immediately booked my stay. I had my boyfriend coming into town from Philadelphia and could not beat the price considering our other expenses for those days. We had wanted to stay on the beach but the military rate at every other hotel in town was $84. The Renaissance is directly off of I95 and about 5 miles from the beach so it was still convenient for our beach excursions and definitely worth the savings. I booked my room approximately 10 days prior to my stay and confirmed with a credit card. On Friday morning, I called and confirmed my reservation and total amount. I asked if the room had a microwave and refrigerator. I was told that it did not, but they could have a fridge put in my room for me. About 24 hours prior to my arrival I received an email from the manager of the hotel, Mathias Weber. The email stated that there had been a glitch in their system and it mistakenly gave me too low of a rate. The military rate should have been $124 but he said since it was their systems glitch, they would give me a discounted rate of $84. It seems a bit of a coincidence that the rate he gave me as a "favor" was exactly what every other hotel was charging for military rate that week. I watched their website for a week and the $40 never changed so the "glitch" lasted a while before anyone noticed. Upon reading the email, I immediately called the hotel and asked for Mathias. He was not on property so I explained to the front desk person, Alex, my situation. I told her that I felt it was unfair for the hotel to more than double my rate (even with his discounted favor) 24 hours prior to my arrival. I told her that I had printed out my confirmation and the rate I have confirmed should be honored. She asked me a few questions then said she would speak with the manager that was on duty and call me back. She called me back in about 5 minutes. She assured me they would honor the $40/night rate. She said she had already changed it in the computer and that upon check in my total rate for the stay would be $133 with tax. I had arranged for early check in that Sunday morning. This was no problem and I was told the refrigerator was already in my room waiting for me. After I went thru the check in procedure, I told the front desk person that I would be making a few trips thru the lobby as I brought food with me as well as our luggage. When my boyfriend and I were carrying a load in a few minutes later (both of our arms were completely full), she stopped me and asked if I had a different credit card. I asked her, "Why, what is wrong with the one I gave you? You already checked me in." At this time, we were standing in the middle of the lobby and she was not behind the desk. She said, "Your card was declined." I asked her how much she tried to charge to it. She responded with an amount (I don't remember the exact amount) close to $500. I asked her how she came to that figure as my rate should be $40/night. Alex had assured me over the phone less than 24 hours before that it was fixed in the computer. She then said it was $84/night. I said, "That still doesn't come to almost $500 for 3 nights." I had to put down all of my bags, go back out to my car, and get my confirmation that I had printed. She then fixed it and apologized. This was very embarrassing. There were other people in the lobby that I'm sure were witness to all of this. I had already been upset due to the email from Mathias, then was assured it would be corrected, only to be embarrassed checking in. I think that Mathias should have personally called me to discuss the rate change instead of sending me an impersonal email. What if I had not checked my email prior to my stay? I would have had no idea about the rate change and would have been even more upset and embarrassed. That was the only thing negative I can say about my experience at The Renaissance. The hotel was clean, they attended to my needs, the housekeeping staff was more than friendly to us. Every time we passed a staff member in the hallway, they spoke to us. We were on the club level floor and received breakfast every morning. It was delicious and plentiful. The breakfast had a various selection of hot and cold items. They even had fresh squeezed orange juice! The pool area is gorgeous but could have used a little cleaning up. The cabanas had mold on them, but this is Florida and I'm used to seeing a little mold every where. There were leaves all over the ground around the pool and the lounge chairs/tables were a bit wobbly. We checked more than one and found the same. It was not that big of a deal. The pool area has a bar area with flat screens to watch the games on. This was a nice surprise for us as we are basketball fans and could see the tv's from our lounge chairs!! A jacuzzi was also in the pool area. The water was very cloudy and sudsy. We were nervous about getting in the water not knowing what was clouding it up. We finally figured out it was what we thought to be shampoo. I don't know if a customer did this or if the hotel is responsible, but it turned us off. We only sat on the edge with our feet in. The lobby and patio are beautifully decorated. The hotel was very quiet and no one bothered us. We were able to spend much needed quality time relaxing. The a/c was very cold which is a must here in Florida. The room was very nice also. It has shelving that we were able to use as a storage area for our food. The room also had a safe and a coffee maker. The room had a chaise lounge which was a nice change from the usual table and chair. There was a large desk that you can eat on if necessary. We received the newspaper every morning. There was a large flat screen tv in the room. The bed was very comfortable. As I said before, the room was very nice and clean, but it was not a $179 room if that's what they usually charge. I would stay at The Renaissance Boca Hotel again, if the rate is right. I am traveling to Philly next month, and the first hotel I checked out online was The Renaissance Philadelphia Airport. Their rate was way too high. Even with my military discount applied, it was almost $200/night. All in all, The Renaissance Boca is a decent hotel and the service from the staff on the floor was exceptional. Once, the rate problem was fixed, I was relaxed and forgot I actually live here and wasn't on a vacation :)

oh and one more thing, we had a bottle of wine to open and although I remembered everything else down to toothpicks to bring for our stay, I forgot the corkscrew :/
My boyfriend suggested we go down to their bar and ask them to open our bottle. One of the servers gave me a corkscrew and I started to open the bottle at the bar. She said, "go ahead and take it to your room and open it together." I said, "I'll bring it back down to you when we are finished." She told me just to keep it. I thought that was very nice of her. Like I said, they all had great customer service :)

Room Tip: if you can, get a room on the club level to enjoy their breakfast and fresh squeezed OJ every mornin...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad that you and your boyfriend had a pleasant stay.

I would once again like to apologize for the discrepancy in your room rate. Yes there was a technical glitch in the system in which our club level rooms were listed at $40 instead of the normal rate of $124.00. When we had realized that there was an error we had notified all of the affected guests immediately and adjusted the rate to our standard government room rate. As you mentioned due to the inconvenience, we had honored the initial $40 rate that you had reserved.

I am glad the remainder of your stay was a relaxing experience and I truly hope you will return to our hotel to relax for another Florida Staycation.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here twice in last two years. My wife and I come to Boca 3-4 times yearly to visit an aging relative and have stayed at all the Marriots here as we'll as most other hotels. We tried this one hoping that the promised room renovations would be done but ,alas, no.
The room was adequate and relatively clean. Unfortunately the room was missing adequate towels, a working tv,functioning ac/heat, a TV guide for the tv which was eventually fixed.
The service was good in that all of the above we're corrected relatively rapidly but there was a sense that this room had not been inhabited recently.
All of the service people were very nice and helpful but gave the feeling that they had been given a poorly functioning ship to run.
Once again I was told that renovation of the rooms was underway but I hav heard this before.
Some of the other reviews are quite positive about the pool area but we are not here for that so can moment on that.
Also be warned that there is no shop for sundries,water, snacks etc.
Finally this hotel has promise but give it a year or two to get it's act together. Having said that it is only fair to say the same about all hotels in Boca in this price range. Check them all out as they are all getting long in the tooth.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us. I can understand your frustration regarding the status of our hotel. My team and I strive to provide every guest the best service possible. We would like to speed up the process of a renovation but unfortunately that is not in our power at this time.

I would welcome you to return to the hotel to see some of the changes / improvements that we have already made. We have brought on a new Executive Chef, a new Chief Engineer as well as a new Beverage & Food Director. I am confident with our excellent leadership team, you will have a much better experience than you have had in the past.

Deb Saccavino

Been to Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel? Share your experiences!