“Great Stay!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
New York City, New York
“Great Stay!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have just returned from a long weekend at the Renaissance. Went to Lynn University's open house which is nearby. The hotel is clean and inviting. There is always fresh flavored water (cucumber, orange, grapefruit) in the lobby which is refreshing. Free coffee is served in the morning as well. Breakfast was slow moving as far as service goes but lunch by the pool was quick and very good, Our room was nice and the pillows were incredible. My only complaint was that I had to ask for towels everyday. They never gave enough and we were only 2 people. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Debra S, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad that you had enjoyed your time here. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. The infused water is only one of the many amenities we have throughout the hotel for you to discover during your stay.

I look forward to meeting you during your next stay with us.

Deb Saccavino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Washington D.C. Metro Area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is a bit tired. As noted, the pool area is the best spot in the place. I see it noted that it is being renovated, but I saw no sign of this activity. The hotel itself is in a rather odd location, but near a number of places to eat and shop. I would look for other accommodations is I have a choice.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hello and thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate your time in doing so.

We are in preliminary talks regarding upcoming renovations but nothing has been made definite as of yet. We have made some upgrades to our pool area and focused on cleaning and maintaining the area as well.

I hope that you will return to our hotel to notice the changes that we have made.

Tyngsboro, Massachusetts, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while we were in Boca Raton for a wedding. My husband and I are Marriott Gold Members so we travel to many different Marriott Hotels. The good points about the hotel were that it was modernized, had a nice pool area and they even had a shuttle service that took us offsite to the wedding.

The bad points of the hotel was that I had requested a refrigerator to store my breast milk and was told that they would check with house keeping and get back to me, but never got back to me. I was then told that I could store my breast milk in their refrigerator. I did not feel comfortable doing this on the off chance my milk got mixed up with someone else's milk. I also had sanitary concerns not only for my milk but for the other items stored in this fridge. We had also requested adjoining rooms and did not even get rooms on the same floor. Also, my husband and I requested a late check out on the Sunday so that we could enjoy the pool area (where we were eating and drinking with our 4 friends that we brought along) we were checking out and were told we could not have the late check out, not even for one of the rooms. As Gold members, we have never been denied this request especially when we were checking out on a Sunday. Lastly, when we checked out, the women at the front desk shooed us away and asked why I was still standing there. I stated I was checking out and they said, you are all set and din't even give us our bill. Well when my husband and I got home, we checked our bill online and found that instead of applying our ECertificates for the 2 rooms, we were doubled charged!

Overall, we expected more from our stay and based on this experience, would not come back to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
I appreciate you taking time to share your recent experience with us. It is easier for me to make upgrades to our hotel and service levels when I receive excellent feedback from our guests.

I am sorry that you did not receive a refrigerator nor were you granted an extended departure time. Even though the hotel was busy with the wedding, we should have made a better effort to accommodate your requests.

I certainly hope that you would allow us to renew your faith in our hotel. I look forward to meeting you during your next stay with us.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The hotel lobby and pool area is beautiful - the room is about the same as you would find at a holiday inn - not at all bad, but not up to the level the pool area and lobby would have you believe. The bathroom was not as spotless as I prefer and the beds definitely felt a little small. All in all however, if you need a hotel in Boca, this is certainly a good one. Staff was great, so was location business-wise. We paid 130 for the night - I don't think I would pay much more than that to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am glad that my staff made your time with us a more pleasant experience.

We are in preliminary talks with our ownership group regarding upcoming renovations. I will post more regarding this when I have more information.

I look forward to your next stay with us and to get the chance to meet with you as well.

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Was very impressed with the entire hotel. Staff was nice, rooms were nice, pool area was great. They offered great tasting water every morning with a twist. It was right of I95 so it makes it easy to get everywhere we needed to be. Will stay again!

• Stayed April 2013
Hello and thank you for your time in posting a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you like the added amenities such as the infused water that we have available every morning.

I look forward to your next stay with us.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We have never stayed here before. I will start off with the positives!! The pool area for the hotel was gorgeous for a hotel that's in a relatively commercial area of Boca Raton. It had beautiful waterfalls and had a very comfortable covered area with couches that was ideal for relaxing. The lobby area was also very pleasantly decorated. The breakfast at the hotel was very good and the staff at the hotel, for the most part, were there to please and were very attentive. We did have a mix up with the rooms, where we were not given a room with two double beds, so if you do need a room with double beds, they tend not to guarantee it. If this is something you need, I would call the hotel directly and not rely on an online booking. Also, the cot they gave us didn't have a blanket and this wasn't realized until 12:30 am. The hotel claimed they didn't have any more comforters and it took at least a half hour until they were able to find one. At the time, this was a huge inconvenience, but in general I would recommend staying here. For a non-beach front hotel, It was an excellent hotel with great amenities that gave you a resort feel at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: If you need two double beds, it's usually not guaranteed, so I would call hotel directly.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello and thank you for your time in writing a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you had a less than pleasant experience at our hotel. We did have a challenge in having enough rooms with 2 double beds in the past but we now have a better system in place to make sure that everyone that requests two double beds will receive them. Should there be a challenge in doing so, we will notify those guests way in advance.

I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderfully relaxing time at our pool. The tropical experience and calming waterfall is a pleasant surprise.

I hope to see you again during your next stay with us.

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our stay at this Renaissance was a first time visit.
We were initially put in a room directly over the ongoing renovation and all its usual noise but a quick call to the front desk moved us to an already updated portion that was cleaner and quieter in every way. The room configuration is still dated and smallish, but quite clean and comfortable.
The first afternoon was the only chance at sunshine during our stay and the pool area was quite nicely detailed and decorated and with a pool bar to boot! This was a nice change from the normal concrete slab with pool lounges that you often get.
Being rained in had the one advantage of driving us to the hotel restaurant Umbra which was actually pretty good if not gourmet. I had the pecan crusted Mahi that was both good and an enormous serving as well.
All in all, a nice stay with good service for my wife and I.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize that the construction noise was an inconvenience for you. We had made a few changes to our patio rooms and they worked very hard to try to limit the disturbance.

I look forward to your return visit with us to see more of our positive upgrades.

Thank you again and make it a great day!