“Great Place to Hang Out” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2000 NW 19th Street, Boca Raton, FL 33431   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 26 hotels in Boca Raton
Roslyn, New York
“Great Place to Hang Out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

If you're going to Boca area this place is a find. It's central to everything . Towne Center Mall is a short walk away. The pool area is very pretty. The rooms are more than adequate although the toilet paper roll is oddly misplaced . They redid the lobby since we were last here and they did a very nice job. If you're going to be in the area this is defiantly a good home base

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Debra S, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
I would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am really glad that you had a wonderful experience here.

I look forward to meeting you on your next visit to our hotel when your travels bring you back to the wonderful city of Boca Raton.

473 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I recently stayed at the Boca Raton Renaissance hotel in Fl. I was fascinated by the beautiful butterfly art., and got a lesson on the reason behind the art. The furniture in the lobby was very sheik and gave it an elegant feeling.

The staff at the front desk and poolside were very helpful. I stayed here because I attended a Conference at a nearby hospital. Both shuttle drivers were very accommodating and shuttled the attendee back and forth.

I wanted to go to 5.00 O'Clock Mass on Saturday and the staff made it possible to ply back and forth with the shuttle. I was very appreciative cause I was leaving very early next morning.

I only ate at the Ristorante Umbria once but the salad and grilled vegetables were delicious. However, I had shrimp on a bed of wild rice poolside and it was scrumptious and a steal.

The room was simple but clean and overall priced right. The location was very convenient whether you rent a car or not. There are two malls nearby and lots of places to eat.

The hotel shuttle is available to take you within a radius of about three miles, also you can walk to a strip mall to Starbuck's forbyour latte and a number of eating places like Pita pit for breakfast, where you can get a nice pita with just about everything on it. Of course Wifii is available.

I would recommend the hotel for it's convenience, price,decor, cleanliness, hospitality and reasonable poolside happy hour eats.

Room Tip: Close to the elevator overlooking the pool area.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for noticing our Butterfly Art throughout the hotel. I am a fan of butterflies myself.

I appreciate your comments and for reviewing your recent experience at our hotel. Our chef and his culinary team strives really hard to make every meal a great experience.

I am glad that you were able get to your meeting and mass in a timely manner utilizing our shuttle service.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to wonderful Boca Raton.

Make it a great day!

Grosse Pointe, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was our second visit to this property, and we really enjoyed it. The staff at the front desk is very helpful and caring, especially Matthias, Jackie and Tallia. They went out of their way to make our stay pleasant. The pool is lovely, just as it was before.

A wonderful surprise was the extremely good food in the restaurant and at the pool. Delicious and fresh! The rooms are very "user friendly" in their design which makes lliving in a hotel room much more pleasant. Hooks for towels on the bathroom would be a nice addition. The only criticism that we have is that the Internet service wasn't adequate to be able to use at all times in our room, however, I believe that they are in the process of improving that service.
We definitely will return and look forward to our next visit. There was a very good presence on the part of management and, and we believe that that makes a big difference in the overall experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you very much for your positive review. I really appreciate your time in doing so.

I am so glad that you had a wonderful experience with us and received outstanding service from our front office leaders. All of our managers make every effort to be in the lobby to meet all of our guests and learn more about their experiences. I am happy that you had noticed that as well.

We are in the process of improving our internet service. We have made a few changes and are continuing to improve. I hope to show you more of our improvements during your next stay with us.

Thank you again and make it a great day!

Naples, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This place has potential, great staff, recommend getting the breakfast included package, it is worth 10 dollars, did not go to the bar or the restaurant. The facility needs to be cleaned outside, a good power washing, clean the lounge chairs around the pool, upgrade the landscaping and my rating would go up to a 4, this place needs too much work to get beyond a 4, we paid 189 a night including breakfast and we were satisfied with the value given the time of the year. The room was nice but no refrigerator and that is just dumb, they cost 80 dollars in any big store and go a long way to making guests happy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you for taking time to post your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate hearing from our guests.

I am pleased to report that we have put a new cleaning program in place in which we thoroughly clean and scrub the pool area, furniture, umbrellas, etc as well as power wash the patio and stairs. It is a 100% improvement and enhances the already beautiful Oasis Café.

Thank you again for your time and I look forward to your return visit to Boca Raton in the future.

Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed at the Renaissance Boca Raton this past winter as part of an event at the hotel and I found it to be quite good for those looking for a hotel in a city where truthfully it is tough to find nice hotels. Boca Raton really doesn't have much and the Renaissance stands out to me as one of the best. There are a number of improvements though that the hotel needs to make to really become a 5-star property. Check in is probably the worst part of the hotel. When things are super busy, it takes a long time. I don't know if they simply don't have the manpower or what but it is painful. Once that was out of the way, I went up to my room which was a standard room with two queen beds. The rooms themselves are nicely apportioned. The beds are comfortable and there is a nice desk for working. Wifi seemed to work well and there were plenty of power ports around the room. I was disappointed in the air conditioning setup as the room was either blazing humid and hot or freezing cold. I think the hotel needs to invest in new central air and not go with the traditional for Florida window units. The property itself is nice. They have a nice pool area--not massive but nice. The party rooms are ok as well. A bit tired but ok. Staff is friendly and bellstaff goes out of their way to be helpful. I noticed a workout room and a business center but did not use either one. Overall I would stay here again if I need a hotel in Boca Raton but feel the hotel can do a few upgrades and make it even nicer than it is.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
I would like to thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. It is great knowing that our guests truly care about their hotel choice and want to see it get better. I am pleased to hear how much you had enjoyed my staff especially my bell staff.

We are in preliminary talks with our owners regarding renovations in the near future. I will update more as I obtain more information. We are doing our best to make improvements as we go along. Our new Chief Engineer has been focusing on our air conditioning units to work with the thermostats to help regulate the temperature in the rooms. We have noticed positive results with this change.

Thank you again for your comments. Should your travels bring you back to beautiful Boca Raton, I look forward to you staying with us again.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed at the property on business Feb. 12-14. I elected to stay at this property, as the event I was attending, at the Boca Raton Resort and Club, had much higher room rates. I read the reviews and selected this property based upon them. What a disappointment. I travel to the area once per month. I will not stay here again, nor would I recommend it to colleagues.

While the staff was pleasant and professional, the room experience was a disaster. There is only ONE elevtor for the entire property. Really? The room was rather dark. The furnishings were out of date. I dropped my glasses and had to look under the bed. There were some socks from a previous visitor and lots of dust, etc. Wow. The bathroom was a joke. Old sink, old faucets, gooped up caulk around tub and floor. The room AC unite constantly blew the curtains around. MY room faced the road and I too was kept awake by the ninja motor cycles.This is NOT a high end property, and the pictures on line are not accurate. I wish I had coughed up the extra $200 per night and stayed at the Boca Beach Resort, or payed $50 less per night and stayed at the Fairfield where a colleague had a much better room experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your time in sharing your comments regarding your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that you did not have an enjoyable stay with us.

We have hired a new Director of Style (Executive Housekeeper) to make sure that every room is inspected prior to every guests' arrival. I assure you that this will not happen again.

I have also added a new Chief Engineer to our team as well which has been focusing on our preventative maintenance program to address any issues.

I welcome you back to our hotel for what I believe to be a much better reflection of Renaissance quality and service. Please let me know when your travels bring you back to the wonderful city of Boca Raton.

Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights, and this hotel barely qualifies for a 3-star rating. The lobby is fine as is the staff, but the rooms definitely need updating. I had breakfast one morning. The egg frittata was miserably prepared, and despite the fact that there were no more than 10 people in the restaurant, service was very slow. The one really nice benefit of staying here is that you can use the Lifetime Fitness Club at no cost. That place is gorgeous, with great classes, a nice bistro and a vast amount of exercise equipment.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you for taking time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I appreciate hearing from all of my guests as we take this feedback to heart.

I am glad that you are pleased with our partnership with Lifetime Fitness. We receive numerous positive comments regarding this facility.

We have hired a new Executive Chef as well as a Beverage and Food Manager to enhance our food quality and service. We are also in preliminary talks with our ownership group regarding renovations within the upcoming months. I hope to have more information in the near future.

Thank you again for your time and I look forward to meeting with you when your travels bring you back to the beautiful city of Boca Raton.

Make it a great day!

Deb Saccavino

Been to Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel? Share your experiences!