“If you want a 4 star hotel at 2 star price, this is the BEST deal!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
Lynn Haven
“If you want a 4 star hotel at 2 star price, this is the BEST deal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

The hotel rated very high in past reviews, and I see why. I got in at the military rate of $84 a night and what a bargain. Very classy place, and the staff was friendly and helpful. nice rooms, lounge area and pool. They included a terrific breakfast for my son and me. We both enjoyed the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
Michael A, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments on Tripadvisor. We appreciate the time and effort our guests put into sharing their positive comments when staying at the Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel. The words you provided - "Classy place, friendly staff, terrific breakfast, nice rooms all reflect what we provide for all our guests each and every day.
We look forward to your return visit and thank you again for your business.
Michael Allen - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Miami Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

This property has its quirks but if you are looking for an unplug-and-lounge weekend stay, this place is great. The pool and jacuzzi are indeed lagoon-like and there is a small cabana bar with a limited menu that offers quality food for where you are ... At 1/2 the cost of Loews South Beach.

The lobby furniture seems as If the Marriott team went to an Expo Design Center showroom and got the leftovers. A plus: fresh juices by the entrance.

The gym is fine with new equipment and bottles of water are free ... As is the WiFi.

The weaknesses: no place to hang a towel, beds for short people that are hard, super-cold AC throughout and mediocre TV geared to 56-year old men. A crummy clock radio. A random pair of panties on the night before a wedding in the main hallway.

Lastly the fire alarm went off at 11pm Saturday because the wedding guests lit sparklers right over the sprinkler system. There were lots of pretty ticked off guests but the staff handled the issue professionally.

Trip Advisor reviews made me wary of my choice. I can honestly say this place satisfies and would definitely come back.

• Stayed August 2012
Michael A, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Tripadvisor guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your positive input during your recent stay at the Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel. We appreciate the comments on the lagoon pool with the cascading water fall and the lush landscaping. We certainly appreciate the additional comments regarding our fitness center which is open 24 hours and the overall great experience of the hotel.
We look forward to your next visit when visiting Boca Raton.
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Booked this hotel because it is close to FAU where my daughter was attending. Got there and the place was really beautiful. Check in was a breeze, room was clean and ready when we got there. Only draw back to the room was that there was no refirgerator in it.

Mike the GM was really nice. He came up to us (unsolicited) to ask where we were from and what we were doing in Boca.

The next day while getting off the elevator I dropped my key fob and it fell down the elevator shaft. Mike said he would mail it to me the next time the elevator company came to service the elevator. To my surprise the maintenance person took the time to lay on his stomach and fish my keys out of the shaf with a piece of wire. When they told me how he did this I was really impressed. Now that is what I call service!!!!

I would definetly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Baca Raton area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for all the fantastic feedback. As the General Manager I am always there for my guests and appreciate the wonderful feedback. Our Engineering team has a "whatever it takes" attitude and they were determined to get you keys to you prior to your departure. The hotel takes a great deal of pride in exceeding our guest expectations and I would like to thank you again for acknowledging this.
We truly look forward to your next visit to the Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel. Thank you for your patronage.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

I have to start by saying that the hotel staff is top notch. They were very friendly and attentive. The pool area is one of my favorite places to just hang out & unwind too. But, the entire third floor, including my room, smelled musky to the point of overpowering. I checked out a few other floors with the same result. I might have changed rooms but others staying there said that's how it smells. The lounge food was a little meager for this chain, but it had good quality. The amenities were so so also. I will be checking out other hotels in the area when I return this fall.

• Stayed July 2012
Michael A, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear Tripadvisor customer. Thank you for the outstanding comments reflective of our staff and how great your customer service experience was while staying at the Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel.
Additionally, we are currently working on a complete exterior face lift on the hotel. This will include many new and wonderful components of continued assurance the building is protected from the exterior elements. Our hotel has many wonderful amenities to offer including the tropical pool, the Oasis Bar and Cafe, Umbria Italian restaurant and the hotels location - close to everything for your destination
We look forward to your next visit to the Renaissance Hotel in Boca Raton
Naples, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

After many years of visiting Boca regularly on business from my home in nearby Naples, had my first opportunity to stay at the Renaissance.

Now previously when in Boca on business, I routinely have stayed at either the Hilton Suites located right by the Turnpike on Glades road or the Boca Raton Marriott located by I-95. Was always pleased with both of these hotels and sort of jumjped back and forth between them. Quite aware that the Renaissance existed, for some reason just never booked it. Circumstance several weeks back was that I just needed a one night stay and decided for the first time to try the Renaissance. Needless to say I was disappointed big time indeed and was grateful it was only one night.

I must mention first everyone at the hotel was extremely cordial and polite, you could not have asked for more in that regard. The problem was the room. I was booked at a standard AAA rate and could have been given a parking lot view room but was upgraded to a pool view area room because I am Marriott Silver for which I was very grateful. That said, the room was the pitts! Unusually small, was done in a sick color of yellow and a conflicting collage of patterns between carpet, furniture, and bed linens. Furniture was scratched big time. The a/c unit was the old fashioned "under the window" type box unit which when on turned your room into a wind tunnel (at the Hilton Suites and Marriott it is all central air).

The bathroom, also quite small, had a toilet with no tank that looked like it was from some institution and to make matters worse we only had a quarter roll of toilet paper with no replacement roll to be found anywhere in the room. Finally the breakfast buffet was not bad, on a par with the Hilton Suites, but nothing close to that at the nearby Marriott whose buffet (breakfast) is truly outstanding.

I have always thought of a Renaissance Hotel as sort of a premium Marriott property like a Buick is in GM cars to a Chevy. Bottom line here is that this hotel is not even of Marriott Courtyard level (meaning a step below regular full service Marriott) and comes across as a budget, very worn, "has been" hotel that pales in comparison to the competition in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Michael A, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Dear Tripadvisor Customer,
We appreciate your wonderful comments regarding our staff - the information you provided about all the great staff interaction, the friendly staff experiences and the overall outstanding service provided by the hotel staff at the Renaissance Boca Raton. The hotel has re-invented the new lobby with an extensive renovation, the new pool bar menu and the world class pool setting with our Oasis Bar. The hotel is close to all the most prestigious shopping – some of the best restaurants in all of Florida, “right in our back yard”. We have so many great amenities both at the hotel and in the local area to make our guest stay very experience and rewarding.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

The Lobby is very inviting and we were greeted by hotel staff immediately. The gentleman who checked us in did an excellent job of managing the business side of the transaction as well as the personal. An issue arose after entering our room which caused us to request to be moved. The staff was quick to respond. With in minutes we had someone at our door with new keys and a few vouchers offering us drinks at no charge. Everyone that we encountered while there were truly and sincerely personable. They have the service down pat. They go above and beyond. The pool area is beautifully landscaped. The gym is adequet for the size of the property. They have attempted to upgrade the rooms, however to me it looks like an attempt. The air conditioning units remain under the window. Although the unit showed its age, it worked remarkably well. Better than in many other hotels I have been in recently. The toliets do not reflect a hotel with a 4 star rating . They are not the full commode. That cheapens the look and feel of the room. There were two of us in the room yet we were only given two towels and one bath cloth each day. I am accustomed to having 4 even when traveling alone. I do travel 2 weeks a month. The concerige room was lovely and well maintained. The hotel is in a good location with shopping and restaurants within walking distance. I would return and in fact will in just another week or two.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
"They go above and beyond." - We really appreciate this comment and all the outstanding details with all your wonderful experiences during your recent stay at the Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel. Our hotel is a destination that offers experiences you cannot find anywhere else - with the comment you mentioned on the inviting new lobby, the food experience and the overall guest satisfaction that makes saying at our hotel a perfect "10". we appreciate you taking to fill out your Tripadvisor comments - we look forward to your next visit to the Renaissance Boca Raton.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

The staff were all very nice. We did have to ask 3 times for a rollaway bed though. But the best thing about this hotel is the extensive landscaping around the pool area. There was plenty of deck chairs around the pool; both shaded and sunny. There was also an enormous amount of seating outside somewhat away from the pool for quiet relaxing. The room itself was just okay but plenty good for the price. Suggestions for improvement would be for the outside bar to open up in the morning as a coffee bar. Add a shuttle service to the shower beach. Turn on some lighting around the pool area at night.

• Stayed August 2012
We are glad you enjoyed the Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel pool so much; it is a destination in and of itself. The cascading waterfall, the oasis Bar and Cafe, oversized pool and tropical setting. We have many guests stay at our hotel to enjoy this wonderful setting. We also appreciate the nice comments regarding the staff - they truly care about our customers and insure great service experiences.
We hope to see you back soon.
Michael Allen - General Manager

Been to Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel? Share your experiences!