“Great hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
Florida
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

My family stayed at this hotel recently while attending an event at FAU. This hotel is in a fabulous location for the University. Although we had a car, I'd venture to say that a bike is doable as well. It is conveniently located to the mall - just two blocks away, that we walked to one evening. Plenty of the named brand chain restaurants and grocery in the vicinity as well.

The hotel staff was very accomodating and polite. They supplied breakfast to our entire conference staff staying and were very attentive in the dining room.
The pool area is beautiful and large. There is one hot tub and it's a bit smaller and secluded - could be a good (privacy) or bad (guests safety - children?) thing with guests safety considered.
The room was spacious. Flat screen TV adequate. We had a room facing the parking lot. I could see where a pool side room might hear noise from the interior. The beds were comfortable. The pillows were tiny (although similar to other chains' rooms we've stayed in) bu the 2nd larger pillow on the bed was good cushioning. Good shower. Decent sized bathroom.

We have stayed at many brands in the Marriott family but not Renaissance. Based on this property, I would absolutely stay at another.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Thank you very much for all the wonderful comments mentioned in your recent Tripadvisor comments. We very much appreciate all the details you provided regarding the outstanding stay you had at the Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel. You are correct about our outstanding location which is only 10 minutes to the beach, across the street from 35 world class shops and restaurants. Additionally, the hotel amenities, our cascading waterfall pool and the accommodating staff who are always trying to exceed the guest’s expectations.
We look forward to you next visit to our hotel where we will continue to make your stay the very best.
Kind regards,
Michael Allen - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

This is the first time that I have had a hotel experience that has impelled me to write a review even though I travel a decent amount on business. My wife and I stayed at the Renaissance in July 2012 while visiting a relative in Boca Raton. We used a AAA discount that got us a terrific deal including free drinks,breakfast, wifi and parking. We were treated with extreme courtesy throughout the stay even though we were using discount coupons. The breakfast including the bananas foster french toast was particularly good. Our room, the lobby and the pool were very nice. Even though July is obviously a slow time for trips to Florida, there were plenty of staff and the manager seemed to always be around. For anyone staying with an (older) relative in the Boca Raton area, I would consider staying at this hotel as an inexpensive option to a guest room or pullout couch. It too

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
“Outstanding trip” – we really appreciate the comments regarding your recent stay. All the nice comments regarding your Food & Beverage experience was greatly appreciated, the thumbs up you provided us regarding the lobby, pool and the guest rooms was wonderful . We always appreciate our guests feedback and your recent Tripadvisor review was Fantastic.
Thank you for again for all the great feedback regarding the Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel.
We hope to see you back soon.
Michael Allen – General Manager
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

The pool area here is quite nice. I loved the round chaise and could have slept on that instead of the room itself! The lobby is beautifully decorated - a nice boutique hotel. I pricelined a room for Boca and was pleasantly surprised to see that this was the hotel I got. The service here is spectacular.
When I mentioned that the carpet in our room seemed to stay a little damp, we were given cards for complimentary breakfast as well as lunch and drinks by the bar at the pool.
There is an item on the breakfast menu that seems very odd but I decided to try it since it was complimentary - orange creamsicle pancakes. They sound weird, but they are made with orange zest and ricotta cheese and served with a side or orange marmalade. They were incredible. I seriously could pig out on those. I enjoyed them tremendously.
We took advantage of all the little cards we had been given by the staff and enjoyed lunch and drinks at the pool. There spa wasn't working as well as it could have been, and there were also some obnoxious parents who seem to think that as soon as another adult is in the spa that I can watch their child. I don't understand that, but that's certainly not the hotel's fault. I don't let my son in the spa; why do you think I am going to baby sit yours when I want to relax?
The color scheme in the rooms is a bit jarring; the hotel lobby is so different from what you get when you open the door to your room. The rooms need a makeover to match the lobby.
Overall, this is a beautiful hotel.
If you need something, all you need to do is ask.
The only problem with pricelining a room is that the next time I need to go across to Boca, I know I won't be able to get this hotel. Grr.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you for your feedback with the recent experience at the Renaissance Boca Raton. We appreciate the feedback regarding the newly re-invented lobby, our spectacular pool and the great comments on your breakfast experience. We actually are one of the only hotels in South Florida that provide an indigenous breakfast experience like this, the homemade orange creamsicle pancakes, they really are delicious and once you try them you are "hooked”. We are so thrilled you had so many wonderful experiences and we really appreciate your business.
We look forward to your next visit.
TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

This hotel has a lovely lobby, and the grounds are well kept. The rooms are a bit dated. What the rooms lack is well made up for by a great staff. They meet your every needs, and quickly.
Hotel is surrounded by a large variety of shops and restaurants, and is an easy on-off I 95.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the nice comments on the staff and your service experience at the Renaissance Boca Raton. We have one of the best staff here in Florida and they work hard to make sure each and every guest has a positive experience they cannot find anywhere else. We also appreciated the comment regarding our location. We are in a shopper’s paradise with the famous Town Center Mall, with 0over 50 very upscale shops and dining establishments. We are also surrounded with over 18 unique upscale restaurants that you can walk to. The hotel is a wonderful destination and perfect for any type of guest visiting Boca Raton.
We look forward to your return visit.
New Castle, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I stayed here for four nights while training for work. The hotel staff goes out of their way at every turn. Ivette one of the bartenders on the night shift was excellent. She went out of her way to get a handmade birthday card made for one of my colleague's wives since we ran late with training and homework and the stores in the area were closed. The Front desk staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean. The service staff that fed us all week were very nice and the food was awsome. I am a vegetarian and still ate the mac and cheese with prosciutto it was that good!! I was there for training but I would consider planning a trip to Boca Raton with my wife just to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
We really appreciate the outstanding comments you provided in your recent tripAdvisor feedback. The Renaissance Boca Raton has only one goal – to exceed our guest’s expectation & experience. This is executed by consistency with our attention to detail, ensure we have the cleanest guestrooms and public areas, quality food during anytime of the day or evening, a memorable experience and the absolute friendliest staff. By the positive information you provided - We met our daily goal and your expectations. It is great customers like yourself that take the time to provide this wonderful feedback and truly appreciate the details and experiences provided.
We are very much looking forward to your return visit and thank you for your business.
Oxford, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I got this room through priceline and sometimes when I do that the service is lacking...Not so with this hotel. Our room was very comfortable. When I mentioned I needed a crib and that we would be picking up our granddaughter they even gave us a little larger room so we would have lots of room for the crib. The pool was delightful, parking was free, and bed was very comfortable. I only wish we were a little closer to the beach but for the lower price, I can happily drive 10 minutes to the ocean! Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent feedback on Tripadvisor. The staff really focuses on the details and I am glad to hear the anticipated your sleeping needs with your granddaughter and upgrading your room. The pool is a unique oasis that makes staying with us so relaxing as well as the relaxing and comfortable beds.
Thank you for the great feedback and we are looking forward to your next visit to the Renaissance Boca Raton
Fall River, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

The entire staff is complimented. Very Professional. Friendly. I've been here many times and I always return.
Jasmine at the front desk was extremely helpful. 5 stars

Room Tip: Call the front desk directly, not reservations