“Tommy Bahama style without the high prices - great sports bar!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Additional 10% Discount
Ranked #8 of 26 hotels in Boca Raton
Florida
“Tommy Bahama style without the high prices - great sports bar!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I don't normally stay in hotels with doors that open to the outside, but I am glad I made an exception and stayed at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel. When I made the reservation, I asked for a "nice" quiet room with a balcony and that's exactly what I got. The front desk clerk was very nice and make sure my room in the newer section. The furniture looks just like the pictures and although I did not need the frig or microwave, it was nice to have them. Sound on the TV was really distorted, but I messed around with the sound controls through the TV menu and was able to fix it myself. The bed was comfortable, the AC was nice and quiet and the room had plenty of electrical outlets to recharge everything. The bathroom is pretty small, but was clean and there was storage under the sink if needed. The bathtub was leaking a little but other than that, I would give the room a solid 4 out of 5. I had already eaten dinner but went to the bar to watch the football game. The bar is really nice with several large TVs and even a poker table. Breakfast there the next morning was quite good and reasonably priced at $4.99 for 2 eggs, toast and potatoes. Would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: I stayed on the top floor (4th floor) that faced the street on the balcony side and across from the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
alex t, Front Office Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites. We greatly appreciate your business and feedback. We're so delighted to hear all your positive remarks about our property. Here at the plaza we thrive to give every guest top notch service and value for a very afordable price. We look forward to doing business again with you in the near future.

552 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Myakka City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This property is clean, friendly, safe, great location to the university and most importantly; reasonably priced for my frequent trips to Boca Raton to visit my son in college. I don't even bother shopping for better deals as we have stayed here several times now and each time have been pleased. Outside construction but no one has been working on the weekends when we have been there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
BILL33431, General Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Good Morning!

Thank you for staying with us at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites! I really appreciate your feedback and I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location convenient to Florida Atlantic University which is under 3 miles from the hotel. We will continue to provide a great value to our guests and we look forward to you returning when you are back in the Boca Raton area.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I've stayed here several times this year. Special thanks to Ray at the front desk who has been exceptionally helpful and friendly each time! The restaurant and tiki bar also have terrific staff, and the food there is always good. The hotel is close enough to walk to the beach, and there are several other restaurants, grocery stores, and other stores nearby. It is also fairly easy to get to from the interstate. The rooms are clean, nothing special, but at a good price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Good Morning!

Thank you for being such a loyal guest of the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites! Your feedback is very much appreciated! I am happy to see you had another great stay. Ray really cares about our guests and always goes above and beyond to make sure they have a comfortable stay, it's nice to see that you recognized his efforts. The Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites is without a doubt the BEST VALUE in Boca Raton when it comes to Rooms, Amenities, Location, and Top Notch Customer Service. I thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Boca Raton area.
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Good location, close to FAU. Got to park right by our door - very handy. Large rooms, walk out deck door to private patio with walkway to tiki bar - how perfect is that? Afordable pricing and great customer service. Decent pool and hot tub. Was able to check out decent sized pool towls. Internet service in room worked great. Would definitely stay there again! My only complaint would be that the complimentary breakfast wasn't told to us at front desk.

Room Tip: request a 1st floor room. Very convenient.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
alex t, Front Office Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites. We greatly appreciate your business as well as your feedback. I'm thrilled you enjoyed your room so much as well as our pool side tiki bar. Our internet service was recently updated and is a bit faster now, were happy it worked well for you. Please come back and see us again soon and remember to book directly with us to gurantee the area's best value!
Bogota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Good Location and easy access to the beach. There was construction going on our building but it doesn´t bother us because we were out all day shopping around , The Front Desk clerk Patty was very professional and friendly accomadating customers request because the next day my wife and I asked for an extension without problem with the same rate. The food was awsome the phyllis cheeseteak is the best. Lori in restaurant is very nice too.Definiitely . We will come back.

Mike Gavilanez

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
BILL33431, General Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Hello Mr. Gavilanez!

Thank you for staying with us at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites! We really appreciate your feedback and I am so happy to see you enjoyed your stay and that Patty and Lori treated you well. We are known for our friendly customer service and being the BEST VALUE in Boca Raton! It looks like you experienced just that.
Agian, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you stay with us again when you are back in the Boca Raton area!
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

The Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suitses will remain our hotel of choice in South Florida. The location is wonderful, close to shopping, restaurants, Atlantic Avenue and the beach. The entire hotel is clean...smells clean and that along with being quiet is very important to me.

I made our reservation over the phone with Vinny...what a nice young man. Professional, kind and very attentive. He was so enthusiastic about the hotel that I couldn't wait to arrive! We were not dissapointed. The staff is so warm and kind that they made us feel as if we had been there before. It reminds me of a small family boutique Inn.

Thank you Vinny! Please thank your front desk staff, Kelly, the bartenders and Hector who served us breakfast each morning with a warm smile.

Warmest Regards
De-De & Michael
Charleston, SC

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
BILL33431, General Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Hello De-De & Michael!

Thank you for making the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites your hotel of choice when visiting South Florida! I would also like to thank you for your compliments about our wonderful property and your kind words about Vinny and the rest of my staff. Our customer service is something that we are known for and makes us different from the others. We have staff that really care about our guests and i'm so glad you recognized that.
Again thank you for making us your hotel of choice and we look forward to seeing you again when you are back in the South Florida area!
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Good location and nice facility. There was construction going on in an adjoining hotel wing. The front desk representative, Phyllis, was very cordial and professional in accomodating our request to move a bit farther from this work. We are very pleased with her friendly and helpful nature.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
BILL33431, General Manager at Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Hello!

Thank you for staying with us at the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites! I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us and a BIG thank you for your understanding while we start our renovations to our North Building, they are only doing a small section at a time so its not too bad. Phyllis is wonderful and I am glad she took care of you as she does with all of our guests!
Thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Been to Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!