“Nice service” 4 of 5 stars

Boca Raton, Florida
“Nice service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Hi,
Hotel is fine, sometimes restaurant can't handle amount of customers, last 2 days I had to wait ~20 minutes for breakfast and after that 15-20 minutes for my receipt. And when I wanted quick breakfast it was quite annoying.
Apart of that I can't complain, today my a/c stopped working in warm mode - Phyllis and Patty moved me right away to a nicer room and now I can enjoy a balcony. ;)

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building are nicer and A/C there is less noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Mineola, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites is an awesome Hotel! my room was cozy and comfortable, efficient service, I remmeber this girl named Patty who helped me with everything, In overall, a warm and very pleasant experience! Recommended!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed here one night for business. From the moment I walked into the lobby, I had a feeling it would remind me of a place I would stay 15 years ago when I would go to Daytona for Spring Break. The hotel bathroom door was obviously a replacement, it had a broken handle and very hollow. The mirror was cracked, the bath tub was "dirty." the walls were caving in and you could tell that there was water damage that they just painted over. The shower walls were cracked and sealed with a different color caulk. The shower curtain had mold on it (both pink and black.) I honestly had to double check the sheet for bed bug eggs. Not impressed at all with the lack of parking or the "fitness" center. If you have another option go some place else!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Guayaquil, Guayas, Ecuador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My family and I were really pleased with our stay! The staff was very nice and helpful especially Patty, the hotel was really nice! Loved the pool area, I would rate our overall stay a "5". The breakfast was very good as well - which saves money on going out to eat!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My aunt and I recently stayed here just for one night. If you are looking for a resort, or for something fancy, the Boca Raton Plaza Hotel is not for you. We were looking for a basic place to rest our head. Vinnie at the front desk was super nice and helpful throughout our stay there.

Though we didn't hang out at the pool/tiki bar, it looked (and sounded) like people were having fun. The noise died down shortly after dusk.

As with any basic hotel, everything was...basic. No hair conditioner, very small towels, etc. but everything worked and was clean.

Room Tip: Not much matters as there isn't much to see. I can't imagine any of the rooms have an ocean...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Rockland County, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We spent two weeks at this property and were quite satisfied. It's comprised of two 4 story buildings with a pool (small but adequate), a restaurant (open for all three meals), and a Tiki Bar (open at various times). We never saw the smaller building, but the main building has a well appointed lobby, guest computer with wi-fi, is clean and in no way shabby. There's a lobby elevator and stairs at both ends of the building. We did not have one of the suites, but our accomodations were large, clean and comfortable. There was a microwave oven, fridge, and seperate "kitchen sink.". The washer-dryer room is on the third floor, and the ice machine on the second. Since the rooms all open to an outdoor (covered) hallway, the carpet gets quite beaten up. Otherwise, this is a fine place for a budget minded family to be in Boca Raton. You should note that the property is directly on US Rt 1 (Federal Highway). That makes it convenient for travel almost anywhere. It's located between two major east/west streets which makes it convenient to two exits of Rt 95. It's not the Ritz, but it's not the Pits.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We were unable to get a room at our first choice..Best Western University Inn and so we had to find something close by since it was getting dark at the end of a long driving trip.
The Plaza looked very attractive....very nice lobby area...
However when we saw our assigned room it was quite a shock! On driving round we found we had a room off an exterior corridor...and it was a room for handicapped guests even though no one mentioned it at check-in. The hotel is clearly an old motel that has been tarted up so don't be fooled by the look at the front.
We had a lovely view of the air conditioning system and paid close to $140 including taxes...daylight robbery.
One positive feature....the attached restaurant was fun and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel....
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!