“Delightful Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
Staten Island, New York
“Delightful Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I will start by stating that we have primarily stayed at Marriott Hotels and have always enjoyed our accommodations. However, we decided to try the Hilton Boca Raton Suites, as most of the reviews on Trip Advisor were so positive. We were glad we followed the recommendations. We stayed for 8 nights (this include my husband & myself, my brother & his wife, and my daughter & her boyfriend). We all loved the nice, large suites, which were clean (although they could use a little updating). Hubby used the gym which he said was very nice & clean. We also enjoyed the wonderful daily breakfast buffet and complimentary cocktails each evening. The staff is very friendly at the Hilton, very helpful and accommodating.

Room Tip: Honestly, it didn't matter to us where our rooms were located (and they were all on different fl...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
JohnCBailey, General Manager at Hilton Boca Raton Suites, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for your positive comments.

I'm glad to hear that your entire family stayed with us and had a great time, enjoying our comfortable suites and complimentary breakfast and cocktails.

We hope to see you all again soon.

John Bailey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Orlando, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My entire family enjoyed our stay at this hotel. I am very grateful for the multiple reviews I read. If I had only read a few, I possibly would've been deterred from staying here. Yes, it is true that the open area where the rooms are located could be stuffy due to humidity levels, but if there is a cool breezy day, this could lead to a pleasant experience. My family enjoyed the suite. The beds were cozy and the room was spacious. We all enjoyed the breakfast and pool time. If we visit the area again, we will definitely stay there.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

JohnCBailey, General Manager at Hilton Boca Raton Suites, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for the positive comments.

I'm gald you enjpyed your experience.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Germatown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I love the hotel, especially the breakfast!!! Great hotel rate, clean, and friendly environment. I definitely would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family. The location was close to my brother so for me it was perfect. I love the Peter Roth bathroom items that we were left in our bathroom. Overall awesome hotel!!

Thank you for staying with us and for the positive comments.

It's great to hear you enjoyed our service, lcoation, ambiance, and complimentary breaklfast.

We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerley,
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The rooms need updating. The shower curtain(s) should not be forgotten during the cleaning process. The location is fine since there are a few shops and restaurants near by. Thdy provide shuttle service for a 5 mile radius. Breakfast is complimentary and they offer cree cocktails from 5:30-7:30pm. I guess my issue is that the room itself is not what I expect when I stay in a Hilton, but then again the complimentary breakfast is something Hiltons normally do not offer.

• Stayed July 2013
JohnCBailey, General Manager at Hilton Boca Raton Suites, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for your comments.

Please accept my sincere apology for your room experience. I share and understand your disappointment with the condition of the one room. I assure you we are addressing the issues in that room.

I have reached out to you off-line so that we can resolve this to your satisfaction.

I do hope you will give us another opportunity in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will make sure your stay is comfortable and enjoyable.

UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We booked 2 rooms at this hotel and had great expectations from previous stays at Hilton hotels. From the moment we entered the Hilton complex it gave off an unwelcoming vibe - from the outside it looks quite acceptable and smart but it goes downhill from then-on with the first impression of the front mat needing a good sweep. It is one of those "inside out complexes" where the rooms are built around a courtyard. The humidity and heat in the inside was unbearable and by the time you got to your room you were enveloped in clingy humidity and damp. Although our two rooms were next door to each other, one of our rooms was ok but the second was shabby, mouldy, dirty, unbelievably damp, uninviting and smelled of what I can only describe as urine and mould! You could feel the damp on your feet if you dared to walk on the carpet without shoes. We paid extra for the lake view but the windows were so grubby you could hardly see out. It seemed as though one of our rooms had been renovated at some time and the other had not - the windows were black with mould and the patio doors were so gunged up with grime it was difficult to open them. We complained at reception but they weren't really bothered. We were offered a replacement room but this was as poor as the first so we reluctantly stuck out the first night as it was getting late but decided to look for another hotel the next day if a better room was not available the following day and things didn't improve. (Having read previous reviews, I now realise that other people have experienced the same problems as we did). This was not a cheap hotel by any means and we did not get any deals or offers - paid full pops so we weren't happy. Not that you should expect inferior rooms for "offer" rooms anyway.

Having spent a night in the room, where even the bed was so damp the sheets clung to you, we asked again at reception for another room. They said the hotel was full and there wasn't anything available. However, later that evening we desperately asked again (different reception staff and quite a bit more obliging and understanding) and was offered a room on the top floor which they describe as "allergy friendly Pure rooms". The difference was unbelievable! If only we had had the choice of one of these rooms in the first place it would have made our stay so different. Units inside the rooms filtered the air and dried the dampness. This room was also far superior in terms of cleanliness, brightness and overall appeal. So, the second half of our 4 day stay was good whilst the first half was so grim - no guest should have to stay in a room like that.

The complimentary breakfast was good and the pool area was decent. The omelette station provided great omelettes though but you had to wait as the chef was working full out to keep up with demand. There was also complimentary drinks 5 - 7 on an evening - Nothing is really "complimentary" as it's reflected in the hotel price. Decent pool area.
Would we stay there again? Probably not and definitely only if the allergy free rooms on the top floor were available. All in all, 2 days of our holiday were spoiled.

Room Tip: If you can't book a Pure" room, find somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and for your comments.

Please accept my sincere apology for your room experience. I share and understand your disappointment with the condition of your room and. I assure you we are addressing the issues in that room.

I have reached out to you off-line to resolve this to your satisfaction.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family and I found this hotel just alright. When we first entered the lobby there was a definite smell. We later realized that it was a damp smell due to the open concept of the building. There were positives and negatives. The location was great but the inside outside concept made any trip outside the room a humid experience. The beds were comfortable, the pool was very nice and the hotel staff was very accommodating. We especially enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. The chef that made our omelets was awesome. All in all I believe that we would have had a better experience if it wasn't for the damp smell.

Room Tip: Choose the "pure" rooms that come with the allergy filtration.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
JohnCBailey, General Manager at Hilton Boca Raton Suites, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for your comments.

I’m very pleased you enjoyed our service, amenities and complimentary breakfast.
We do feature a unique open atrium design and I understand your concerns about comfort in the corridors during the warm weather. We do feature ceiling fans in the corridors for your comfort and our main public areas are fully air conditioned.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Jacksonville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Excellent Location with ready access to the Florida Turnpike and I 95. Walk to the Fish Market Restaurant for Happy Hour 4 - 10 daily; great drinks and appetizers in superb style @ good price. The Hotel staff is very accommodating and helpful. Breakfast at the Hotel is worth including in the reservation. Will be staying there again in several weeks. Las Olas Boulevard; only 20 minutes on I-95 is a must see and do, as are the Fort Lauderdale Beaches.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

JohnCBailey, General Manager at Hilton Boca Raton Suites, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for the positive comments.

It's great to hear you enjoyed the hotel and its location and service, as well as our complimenary breakfast and the experience with our restaurant partner, City Fish Market.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

GM

Been to Hilton Boca Raton Suites? Share your experiences!