“Fine for One or Two Nights” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2899 N Federal Hwy, Boca Raton, FL 33431 (Formerly Discovery Inn and Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Fine for One or Two Nights”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

let me start by saying that the manager, Winston was gracious and exemplar. An asset. The rate was reasonable for three women in one room with two queens. We went there because the better places had sold out of non-smoking rooms. The motel is old and showing it's age but our room was spacious with comfortable beds, pillows and very clean, fresh linens. We also had a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. We didn't eat breakfast because we aren't hungry in the mornings. The TV was a modern flat screen and free wi-fi. It wouldn't be my first choice because it's a bit shabby, but Winston made us feel welcome and it was a clean room. We paid $125 for three with two queens and we slept soundly. We went for a baby shower so one night was just fine.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel has a 2 star quality. That said, it delivers above average service. The carpet is old, but it was spotlessly clean every day. The beds could have better mattresses, but they were meticulously clean and made fresh every day. The towels really sucked, but we had clean fresh towels every day. The corridor noise I heard was from kids yelling, which I would have heard in a better hotel. The breakfast was adequate. I got more than I expected from the stay. The water pressure in the shower was strong, and I had hot water all the time.

Room Tip: Go for the second floor. The first floor overlooks the parking lot.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
mingo Jct Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

The only good thing I can say is the staff were very nice. Its old VERY small (you could use the toilet and shower at the same time) and just awful. Breakfast was bad too. Coffee was cold and not much choice. Stay in Quality Inn every year and this is the worst. Paid more than we did at a very nice HIE in Port Lucie the next night.

Room Tip: Don"t go there.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Marietta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I don't recommend Quality Inn in Boca Raton. My wife and I found the hotel in needs of a makeover and remodeling. The queen bed that we had make the reservation for sure seemed smaller than the queen bed we have at our home. It almost seemed like a full size bed. The bathroom was Ok but it was in need of a remodeling job. The bed we slep in was very lumpy and the pillow was hard. I had back pains for two mornings. We could have stayed more than what we did but after two nights of not sleeping well we decided that it was time to go. They had the standard fare of continental breakfast but the dining room was SUPER small and there was not enough room for guests to eat. While we were there a group of teenage baseball players were having breakfast each time we came down and on

Room Tip: has only stair and no elevator. go to breakfast early when they open at 7 in order to find a table...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
qualityinnbocaratonf, Webmaster at Quality Inn, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am so sorry about your back pains, but I am also so glad that you chose Quality Inn Boca Raton, FL for your stay in the area.

• Maintenance staff was instructed to take immediate action concerning very lumpy and the hard pillow in the room assign to you and See to it for necessary repair or replace.

• The staff in charge of the breakfast room received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn Boca Raton, FL. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager.
St. Petersburg, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

The place is a dump. What can I say? Reminds me of an old roadside Motel 6. When I first walked into the office the manager was busy eating, the room he came out of had a disgusting sofa in it along with food smells of unknown origin. My room was clean, but old. I certainly got what I paid for and I certainly will not pay for it again/or stay here. You might as well stay in a $29.95 a night hotel because that is what this was worth.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
3 Thank PianoMan4000
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn Boca Raton, FL for your recent stay in our area.

• Front desk staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

• Maintenance was informed of the odor food smells of unknown origin you reported and instructed to see what could be done to eliminate it.

• I am glad that you found our room clean. Housekeeping staff received our commendation.

Hotel Manager.
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This is one of the few places in the area that accepts pets so we chose this property over other hotels while we were down for 5 days on a business trip. The rooms and furniture are dated but everything seems to be in good condition. The rooms facing the front and sides of the hotel seem to be better-maintained than those facing the back of the property. Rooms have mini-fridges, microwaves, coffee makers, irons, hair dryers, and flat screen TVs with BluRay/DVD players. Breakfast is available each morning from 7 AM- 10 AM and includes: cereal, oatmeal, bagels, toast, pastries, fruit, yogurt, hardboiled eggs, and fresh waffles. There is a pretty, little courtyard with grass that is great for a doggie area. There are several restaurants within walking distance and a TON within less than a mile. Overall, our stay was comfortable, and if we brought our pets down again, we would choose the Quality Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the front of the hotel. Room 127 is quiet and has very little passerby tra...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Shanannon
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed at the Quality Inn December 2011 for 2 nights. It was a last minute business trip stay and checked in late, I didnt have any clue where I should stay. I had gotten a quote 20minutes prior to check in, as it was a bit of a drive, however when I arrived the clerk told me he had no idea who I had spoken to and that the price was indeed hire than what I was told. However he was polite and decided after much discussion to give me the room a bit lower rate but not what I was quoted (it was very late at this point). As I proceeded to go to my room there were many young men what seemed to be loitering outside smoking cigarettes and drinking staring at where I was going. The room was very clean and the furniture was a bit beat up, the television was a modern flatscreen and the wifi worked great! The windows were huge like a storefront showcase window and was difficult to cover the entire window with the curtain that was available. The a/c was very loud and the faucet kept dripping, they did fix it however then the toilet started. If your a single woman traveling I wouldn't recommend this particular place because of the windows , they are very old not reinforced "store front showcase windows" that rattled (I have traveled alone many times I have seen it all this place just made me nervous). The population staying here is diverse. The Breakfast was excellent. Its a bit of a drive to the malls and beach but overall it was a decent stay. The management needs to smile more though.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business