“Average Courtyard, Cookie Cutter, as expected, Gym too Small” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Mobile Check-In
Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
“Average Courtyard, Cookie Cutter, as expected, Gym too Small”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

This is my 2nd Courtyard stay this week and the Scottsdale stay a better experience.

This hotel was bigger, one person at the front desk who was an average performer.

Long cookie cutter halls, room as anticipated. Clean and appearance like every other across America.

The only bright spot was a lady with some personality at the cafe - Marissa I think. She was a pleasure.

I walked past the cleaning staff 3 or 4 times - four of them and they did not say good morning or acknowledge me as a guest.

Hotel staff needs training. The maintenance guy in the hall did acknowledge and say good morning.

Not worth $165 a night.

Gym small - 2 treadmills, 1 elliptical and a bench w free weights and out of the way.

Average hotel in my book. Why stay here?

• Stayed July 2013

Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

After staying at other Marriott properties, customer service is lacking. All was just ok, room, service, parking, staff. Staff was not engaged so luckily we saw restaurants nearby and didn't have problem with room. Had no clue coffee might be available, etc.

Best part was location, stayed before cruise so ate at Houston's which is walking distance and easy drive to port next day.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank priceless_xx
Courtyard G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boca Raton, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
I would like to first thank you for your candid remarks. As you know we do pride ourselves in outstanding customer service and I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. I will share this with my staff so they can understand the importance of always providing the best customer experience to every guest. I hope if your travels bring you back tot he Boca Raton area, you would give us a second chance to exceed your expectations.
florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This has the newer courtyard lobby and breakfast area done up nicely. Free cooffee in the morning is always appreciated. We've stayed here a few times as have friends. Reception is either neutral to friendly when you arrive. Sometimes they'll throw you a free morning breakfast but don't count on it. Rooms can have some noise issues with the A/C and they are not as new looking as the common areas. Pool is in central courtyard and small but quiet, at least when we've been there. I can imagine you'd just need one or two out of control kids and it would be very unpleasant, as there is not much space away from the pool--i.e.--you'd be in the "splash zone".
Price, depending on season, is often not much less than nearby fancier alternatives. During high season (Dec-April) the other higher level hotels will jack their rates so you might think of this place then.

Room Tip: Rooms can have A/C noise or function issues. Unfortunately, you won't know till you are in the r...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for your comments. Since your visit we have replaced all of out pool patio furniture, so on your next visit please let me know your thoughts. We are aslo in the process of changing our air conditioning units, so your next stay should be quieter.

Thanks again for your comments.
Boca Raton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I love this little Courtyard! I had a bad experience at the Hilton Suites on Glades and was able to get a room here instead. The only problem I had was that I called and asked for the rate and was informed that it was $143, then when I got there 10-15 minutes later, the night auditor tried to charge me$157. When I explained that I had just called she told me that the rate changed because she "turned the day over." The air conditioner was also not functioning quite right, but it wasn't that big of a deal.
1) Don't use hotel jargon with guests
2) She should have quoted me the new rate instead in order to avoid looking like she was going back on her word.
Other than that, wonderful stay. Carmen at the front desk was very accommodating and friendly, as was the gentleman at the desk with her which I believe was the Front Office Manager.

Room Tip: Rooms with patios are the best.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Port Charlotte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The hotel had a modern theme and the front desk staff was attentive. The hotel was clean as well as the room. Our room had 2 queen beds, plenty of nice plush towels, full size ironing board, iron, and hairdryer. There was no refrigerator in the room to keep dinner leftovers or drinks cold. The palm trees and grounds were very well groomed. In the lobby was a 24 hour pantry for snacks. The lobby bistro had Starbucks coffee and food available at posted times for purchase. The hotel is very close to several nice restaurants and shopping. We ate at Houstons next door (great BBQ) and at Brewzzi (a brew pub restaurant). I would stay here again.

Room Tip: No rooms have a view other than the parking lots so choose a larger room for the space.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dans_Clan_07
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

When I arrived to my room, the old-time air conditioner in the wall wouldn't turn on. The room was hot and despite numerous attempts to get it to run, it wouldn't. I called the front desk (phone rang at least 30 times) and informed the woman who checked me in. A few minutes later a service person came and let me know he had turned a circuit breaker on and the unit would now have power. I then turned on the TV to ensure that it worked. It did but there was no listing of channels in the room to know which channel was which. Again I called down to the front desk (only about 10 rings this time) and was told such a listing is in the hard covered booklet in the room. It wasn't. I asked if the list of channels could possibly be a separate sheet independent of the booklet. I was told someone would bring me a listing; few minutes later someone arrived with a typewritten list of channels. Having stayed at other Courtyards, I also asked about the possible need for a code in order to use the internet as I noticed there wasn't one written inside the entry card holder. I was told yes, a code was needed and it was the room number and your last name; I then attempted to get online and discovered no code is needed at all, only the entering of your full name and room number.

In the morning I went down to the lobby to get coffee and was told there is no coffee provided in the lobby but I was welcome to buy some at the Bistro shop or make some in the room with the powdered creamer (Yuck!).

The drain in the bathtub did not drain properly but a service man did come promptly to fix it.

Should you choose to stay here, bring a board to put under the mattress; otherwise be prepared to have a sore back.

In all, the staff seems poorly informed, the rooms are tiny, and the hotel is no where near Marriott standards.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Jake C
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I recently had the opportunity to stay at the Courtyard Marriott in Boca Raton, FL and found it to be a very solid hotel with incredibly warm and friendly staff. I had a 3 night stay and checked in on a Sunday. Check in procedures were very smooth and within 3 minutes I had they key to my room and was ready to go. The room itself was nice with two double beds. Slightly noisy outside in the morning as numerous trucks seemed to be dropping things off at the hotel very early. Desk area was nice although one of the two power plugs was broken. Free Wifi was speedy and easy to start up. Bathroom was ok although having the fan turn on when you turn on the light is kind of annoying. Pillows were slightly small for my taste but bed overall was comfortable. Air conditioning a bit loud. Reception area in hotel is nice with tons of places to sit and relax with power plugs so you can work. I did not avail myself of breakfast so can't comment on that. Nice little market where you can buy drinks and snacks and bill them to the room easily. Check out was done via bill under door so I didn't have to stop at the front desk on the way out. Overall very smooth process and a hotel I would recommend.

Room Tip: Room 107 and the rooms on that side of the hotel get noisy in the morning with truck deliveries outs...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Courtyard G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boca Raton, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
We appreciate hearing from our customers so that we can celebrate our successes with the all the associates as well as make adjustments to better our customers overall experience. Your message provided us both!! Thank you