“Great for a Staycation!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Great Florida Savings!
Ranked #13 of 26 hotels in Boca Raton
Boca Raton
“Great for a Staycation!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I love this little Courtyard! I had a bad experience at the Hilton Suites on Glades and was able to get a room here instead. The only problem I had was that I called and asked for the rate and was informed that it was $143, then when I got there 10-15 minutes later, the night auditor tried to charge me$157. When I explained that I had just called she told me that the rate changed because she "turned the day over." The air conditioner was also not functioning quite right, but it wasn't that big of a deal.
1) Don't use hotel jargon with guests
2) She should have quoted me the new rate instead in order to avoid looking like she was going back on her word.
Other than that, wonderful stay. Carmen at the front desk was very accommodating and friendly, as was the gentleman at the desk with her which I believe was the Front Office Manager.

Room Tip: Rooms with patios are the best.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

97 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Port Charlotte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The hotel had a modern theme and the front desk staff was attentive. The hotel was clean as well as the room. Our room had 2 queen beds, plenty of nice plush towels, full size ironing board, iron, and hairdryer. There was no refrigerator in the room to keep dinner leftovers or drinks cold. The palm trees and grounds were very well groomed. In the lobby was a 24 hour pantry for snacks. The lobby bistro had Starbucks coffee and food available at posted times for purchase. The hotel is very close to several nice restaurants and shopping. We ate at Houstons next door (great BBQ) and at Brewzzi (a brew pub restaurant). I would stay here again.

Room Tip: No rooms have a view other than the parking lots so choose a larger room for the space.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

When I arrived to my room, the old-time air conditioner in the wall wouldn't turn on. The room was hot and despite numerous attempts to get it to run, it wouldn't. I called the front desk (phone rang at least 30 times) and informed the woman who checked me in. A few minutes later a service person came and let me know he had turned a circuit breaker on and the unit would now have power. I then turned on the TV to ensure that it worked. It did but there was no listing of channels in the room to know which channel was which. Again I called down to the front desk (only about 10 rings this time) and was told such a listing is in the hard covered booklet in the room. It wasn't. I asked if the list of channels could possibly be a separate sheet independent of the booklet. I was told someone would bring me a listing; few minutes later someone arrived with a typewritten list of channels. Having stayed at other Courtyards, I also asked about the possible need for a code in order to use the internet as I noticed there wasn't one written inside the entry card holder. I was told yes, a code was needed and it was the room number and your last name; I then attempted to get online and discovered no code is needed at all, only the entering of your full name and room number.

In the morning I went down to the lobby to get coffee and was told there is no coffee provided in the lobby but I was welcome to buy some at the Bistro shop or make some in the room with the powdered creamer (Yuck!).

The drain in the bathtub did not drain properly but a service man did come promptly to fix it.

Should you choose to stay here, bring a board to put under the mattress; otherwise be prepared to have a sore back.

In all, the staff seems poorly informed, the rooms are tiny, and the hotel is no where near Marriott standards.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I recently had the opportunity to stay at the Courtyard Marriott in Boca Raton, FL and found it to be a very solid hotel with incredibly warm and friendly staff. I had a 3 night stay and checked in on a Sunday. Check in procedures were very smooth and within 3 minutes I had they key to my room and was ready to go. The room itself was nice with two double beds. Slightly noisy outside in the morning as numerous trucks seemed to be dropping things off at the hotel very early. Desk area was nice although one of the two power plugs was broken. Free Wifi was speedy and easy to start up. Bathroom was ok although having the fan turn on when you turn on the light is kind of annoying. Pillows were slightly small for my taste but bed overall was comfortable. Air conditioning a bit loud. Reception area in hotel is nice with tons of places to sit and relax with power plugs so you can work. I did not avail myself of breakfast so can't comment on that. Nice little market where you can buy drinks and snacks and bill them to the room easily. Check out was done via bill under door so I didn't have to stop at the front desk on the way out. Overall very smooth process and a hotel I would recommend.

Room Tip: Room 107 and the rooms on that side of the hotel get noisy in the morning with truck deliveries outs...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Courtyard G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boca Raton, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
We appreciate hearing from our customers so that we can celebrate our successes with the all the associates as well as make adjustments to better our customers overall experience. Your message provided us both!! Thank you
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed here one night for a friends wedding in Ft Lauderdale. Was a 20 minute drive into the city but there was no traffic and we got there in no time. Rooms were clean and I didn't have any issue with any part of the experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Waterford, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

New style courtyard. Rooms are clean but small. "The Bistro" down in the lobby is a horrible idea. On a busy morning it takes over 10 min. just to order breakfast and then, if there is a seat available it takes easily another 10 min. to receive it. Hotel breakfast should be quick and easy so you can get on with your day. Elevators are small, old, and in inconvenient areas away from the lobby. Not a lot of nearby parking spaces, You end up parking a little farther away and walking around the building a lot. There is a lot to do in the area. Plenty of places to eat and down the street from the mall.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I arrived a couple of hours before check in and while my room was not yet ready they were still able to accommodate me within 30 minutes which was a great relief. The young woman at the front desk was very gracious and when I returned she immediately recognized me and had my room key ready for me. Only draw back... I think they need to update the mattress to either a new one or a better quality. These days of great beds, a less than excellent quality mattress is a bit disappointing. Nevertheless, I still had a good night's sleep. We had suite with a nice living room, 2 tv's. a mini fridge, microwave. Just one bathroom which you had to enter through the bedroom -- which is bad considering that if you're traveling with someone other than your kids or your direct kin, you really don't want anyone going through your room in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. It was a great experience, regardless and I would certainly recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a first room floor by the roundabout so you can park right by the back door -- of course you...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Boca Raton? Share your experiences!