“Solid quality, excellent service, very good location and affordable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Boca Raton

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Solid quality, excellent service, very good location and affordable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed at this due to a business trip. Due to the agreement with the company I work for the price was very accessible (99$), where normally it costs around 250$ during my stay.

The positive sides:

- Excellent bed - Marriott quality
- Room was spacious and comfortable
- Swimming pool & jacuzzi where I saw many guests enjoying
- Starbucks is in the lobby of this hotel, even though they don't have all the items from a full starbucks counter, it was a great start of the day! There is also another starbucks across the road with the full menu/offer which I used to go on the weekend.
- Customer service was very good! A package was delivered at the hotel after I left and they kept till a colleague could pick it up for me.
- Location is very good - just one block from the Town Center mall and with several restaurants closed by.

Negative: only other guests can be very loud and letting the doors get closed very hard...However, the hotel cannot be blamed by its' guests behaviours.

In total a great experience and wouldn't mind going back there again!

Room Tip: Take a room away from the elevator to avoid
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Courtyard G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boca Raton, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
I thank you for your comments and appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My Wife and I had not stayed at this location for several years and were pleasantly surprised with the lobby renovation. Much more user friendly and open than before.
When we checked in the manager was kind enough to give us a room upgrade which put us in a bedroom with a separate living room attached, a really nice option for this franchise. It was nice to spread out a little after some other recent small rooms.
The other nice thing about the location of this hotel is the proximity to Town Center shopping (which makes me a hero with my wife) as well as the fact that there is a Houston's and a Macaroni Grill literally right next door.
All in all, an excellent stay at a nicely upgraded Marriott Courtyard.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This hotel has a terrific location and is beautifully redone - but if you want to sleep don't ask the front desk for a quiet room! I used to stay here frequently when South Florida travel was a monthly thing for me, but have not been there in a long while. Last week I was delighted to see how many new restaurants had opened right next to the Courtyard and I walked into a beautiful lobby too. But problems began at the front desk where the young man remarked that he saw in my profile that I wanted a quiet room. Yes I said, he proceeded to tell me he had one at the far end, in a quiet corner and "park your car ... then take the stairs to the fourth floor". I stopped him by asking if he really meant stairs? with luggage? Oh you'd rather be close to the elevator? he responded. Then he proceeded to show me a map and in elementary school terms show me where my new room option was. By this time I just wanted a room and took what he gave me. Bad idea as this room was directly across a small driveway from a large restaurant that had trash pick up at 5 am and big refrigerated truck deliveries for hours thereafter. Nice and quiet! The next morning I stopped at the front desk again to ask to speak privately with a manager on duty who was not available. Sadly the woman at the front desk barely cared about my dilemma either, never even took my name. If I had a wish it would be that hotels started focusing on the huge impact of the front desk staff and begin by teaching them the meaning of quiet and a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for the back of the hotel, both sides have restaurants/bars very close and the noise begins earl...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Courtyard G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boca Raton, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
I apologize that a simple request became so complicated, to say the least. And we even had a second chance to make your stay a bit more comfortable and we failed you there also. I have printed your comment, posted it , and used it as a training tool for all associates. This is the perfect example of how , as you stated, the Front Line associates play a huge impact on first impressions as well as follow up. I thank you for your candid comments and hope the next time you are in our area, give us a second chance to impress you and provide you with a quality stay.
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I was in Boca Raton on business. The Marriott was the perfect location but The Courtyard was 1/3 the price. I am so happy I went with Courtyard. The Marriott and The Courtyard are walking distance to eachother so location was also great. The staff is excellent. The rooms are so comfortable and a good size. They could use more washer and dryers. We were fighting for laundry time, but may have just been the day and time. The pool area is very nice, day or night. There are lots of great choices for restaurants all with in walking distance from The Courtyard. I plan on going back next year when I am in Boca Raton next year.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lutherville, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We had to extend our stay and had been staying at the Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center but since they were booked, we moved to the Courtyard by Marriott in Boca Raton. It certainly was a step down in appearance and comfort. The rooms, although comfortable, were a bit tired and for some reason, despite staying there four nights, none of the sheets seemed to fit the bed - they were too small. Additionally, although they offer Paul Mitchell products in the bathroom - a nice touch, the towels for the most part were very thin.

On the plus side, the location is good, there is an on site basic restaurant for simple meals and the staff was very friendly.

I was surprised to find that despite a large difference in comfort and ammenities, it was only about $40 per night different than what I was paying at the better hotel - I would have thought there would have been a much bigger differential.

My recommendation is that if you have to spend more than a night or two, splurge for the few extra bucks and stay at the nicer Marriott at Boca Center.

Room Tip: The hallways are very long with only two single elevators - ask for a room closer to the elevator...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We spent only 1 night at this hotel and were very satisfied. The new Lobby is beautiful. The rooms are comfortable and have a fresh new look. Bathrooms are small, but that is about the only negative statement I have. I used their coffee/snack bar in the lobby and was quite happy to have Starbucks coffee in the morning. The location is great. The mall is right down the road, Mizner Park was about 10 minutes away or less, lots of restaurants close by. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone, leisure or business. We will stay again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Mays Landing, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Courtyard is just as comfortable and convenient as all the other Marriott's, but no breakfast buffet. They do have a nice convenience store and coffee/eatery. Equal to Starbucks and very yummy. Outdoor Pool & Jacuzzi were very nice and towels were always available. Staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Boca Raton? Share your experiences!