“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2006

Spent one night there on business travel. The room was clean and spacious. The king size bed was by far the most comfortable bed that I have ever slept in. Room well equipped for business traveler. Adjoins town center mall with many dining choices. Fantastic value as well!

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
West Orange NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2006

Second time we stayed here and didnt dissapoint again. Convenient to all, and plenty of nearby restaurants to choose from. Hotel breakfast is a bit steep in price, but the buffet is decent and staff is really good. Pool is an attraction and grounds are well maintained for a "B" grade Marriott property. Paid rack rate of $103 a night and was well worth the price of stay.

• Stayed June 2006
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2006

My wife and I just flew down to Boca for a friend's birthday celebration held at the Boca Center Marriot- a catered affair for over 100 guests, some of us from out of town and staying at the hotel for the party.
While the hotel was recently renovated, the staff is inexperienced and not up to snuff.
The rooms were not ready at checkin (3pm) and when they finally sent us up to our rooms at 4pm, they sent us to a room still not made up.
The whirlpool spa at the pool was down a foot in depth, not hot in temperature, and had cigarette butts and napkins floating in it at 10am. Yuk.
The service in their only restaurant was spotty at best, and a trainwreck at its worst.
The food at the affair, catered by the Marriot was inedible at its worst (red snapper) and passable at its best (filet mignon). Since that is the same kitchen, beware.
Have you ever been to a birthday party where the catering manager forgot to serve the birthday cake? We just were. Inexcusable.
There was a dirty champagne glass with a rotten strawberry left out on a table near the elevator on our floor for three days. After the second day we asked the front desk to have it removed. It may still be there.
My wife spotted a huge palmetto, legs up dying in the lobby hall on the way to the pool.
Our room was never supplied with enough towels to shower after the pool and then bathe the next morning. Every day we had to chase down housekeeping for enough towels.
Each of these complaints were discussed in depth with the hotel management before we checked out. There was an adjustment to our bill, which we had to pursue, but was eventually given.
The hotel manager explained that he had been brought in to the job two weeks ago to 'straighten out some problems'. Obviously this Marriot needs to do some in-depth re-evaluation of its staff and its customer service both in the hotel services and catering departments.
Meanwhile, I'd suggest looking at some of the other properties in Boca before chancing a stay at this simply awful hotel.

• Stayed May 2006
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2006

The rooms and lobby of this Marriott are very nice and newly renovated. The front desk staff is friendly and effiecient. There are a few quirks; only three floors have ice machines and ongoing construction is evident. There is plenty of free parking on site. The hotel is connected to the Boca Center which has several main-stream stores- Starbuck's, Chico's, Three Dog Bakery, Morten's Steak House- as well as Uncle Tai's, one of the better Asian resturants in Boca. This hotel is not near the beach, but rooms in the front, on high floors have partial views of the Atlantic.

• Stayed April 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2006

This hotel has been completely renovated and is the best in Boca, as they just finished a total hotel renovation, and everything looks so nice. The guestrooms are awesome, and being attached to many shops, dining, and entertainment, I will surely come back to this hotel. The staff is truly hospitable as well.

• Stayed February 2006
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2006

The Marriott Boca Raton is in the final stage of a renovation. Our room was new and well designed. The location is quite good with several restaurants near by. Above average gym and nice pool too. The executive lounge was worth paying $20.00 per day when we checked in.
There is also a Legal Seafoods restaurant over at the larger mall (10-15 minute walk from the hotel).
The only negative issue was when we specifically requested a TAXI to take us back to the Ft. Lauderdale airport. The bellman obviously gets a kickback from the local limo company because he had a town car waiting for us when we were ready to go. I told him that I requested a taxi and he said "well, I guess you could wait for a taxi". This same thing happened to other colleagues as well.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel. I believe there is also a Renaissance Hotel nearby.

• Stayed January 2006
Tampa, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2006

Just got back from 4 night stay at the Boca Raton Marriot. I purchased my room on hotwire and recieved a rate of about $145 a night with tax and everything. My selections were a 3.5 star hotel in Boca Raton. This hotel is not on the beach, it is near I-95 between Palmetton and Glades Blvd on Miltary Trail. The hotel is recently underwent a renovation and only the restruant is left to be completed. My guess its it'll be mid-march before the restraunt is completed. In the interim they are serving breakfast in the lobby. The lobby is spacious and it doesn't seem odd where they have placed the breakfast area. Overall I'd say the hotel was very nice but it wasn't to the caliber of a 4 star hotel. Most places I have found rate it a 3.5 star and I agree with this rating. The service was good, there was nothing we experienced that was really good or really bad... just average I'd say. The rooms were well appointed, definately above a holiday inn or hampton inn. The beds were quite soft and comfortable. I stayed with my kids and there was plenty of room to use an air mattress for them. There were lots of throw pillows on the bed which was nice. The bathroom was also nice with tile floors and a granite sink counter. The sink area is a little small. The pool area is above average with a hot tub and a heated pool. Now the pool is heated, but lets just say its really refreshing when you jump in. Heated, but not warm. There is a bar area near the pool with serves drinks from 12pm to 11pm. There was also live entertainment in the pool area on Friday and Saturday nights. There is an excercise room you can access with your room key adjacent to the pool. There is also free water in the excercise room so grab a bottle on your way in or out. Overall this is definately a nice 3.5 star hotel. Internet access is available for $10 a day. Overall, I was very satisfied to stay at the Marriot. If you consider the price I recieved and the quality of my stay, I'd definately recommend this hotel to anyone. With hotwire you can't guarantee the location you stay at but there aren't many 3.5 star hotels in the area.

• Stayed January 2006

Been to Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center? Share your experiences!