“Not good with follow up when special instructions are left on line at Marriott.com” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
GreenLeadersBronze level
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Big bait and switch with Groupon. We called beforehand, confirmed with the hotel before buying a Groupon coupon discount, followed all the instruction then got yelled at by the hotel when we tried to use the discount.

• Stayed July 2013
czucker, General Manager at Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

I certainly appreicate you taking the time and providing us feedback from your recent stay. I would love to have some more details if you have time to contact me personally to see where we failed to follow up and deliver your requests from the on line reservation. We take these surveys very seriously and are always looking for ways to improve both our service and product standards that you have come to expect from the Marriott brand.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope to have you back in the near future.

BocaMarriottGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

stayed here for a romantic weekend with the hubby. I booked it thru hotwire. The staff is super friendly!! the room was super clean. we stayed on the 10th floor facing the shoppes, it was a great view. the bed was super comfy. we did not sleep well but that was due to our neighbors...but really cannot complain about the hotel itself, overall I enjoyed our stayl!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Salem, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

The hotel was okay but that was it. It could have been a little cleaner The food put out for the conference was not as good as it was previously. The employees were very nice and the check in/out was nice and fast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
czucker, General Manager at Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your valueable feedback with us from your recent stay. We certainly do take these reviews very seriously and I have already shared this information with our Department Leaders so they may make the necessary adjustments in our day to day operations to provide our guests a flawless experience. I also appreciate and thank you for recognizing our associates for their hospitality and efficiency and hope to have another opportunity to take care of you when your plans bring you back to Boca Raton.

Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

First, I'll begin by saying that I booked this hotel on Priceline as an 'express deal' for $54/night. If I were one of the people who paid $189 for the advertised price, I'd feel cheated - not worth it at all. While the new lobby is beautiful, the rooms need a major facelift. Dated furniture, not necessarily the cleanest rooms, and, in my opinion, an uncomfortable bed. Additionally, the pool area is completely uninviting for a pool area - drab brown and the floor of the pool needs work. The furniture was dirty, and no plentiful, so if you are there on a busy day, good luck.

On a positive note, the front desk staff was very friendly. Even though we booked on priceline, the gentleman who helped us upon check-in upgraded us to the concierge floor.

This hotel is adequate for a night or 2 stay, and only if you book it through priceline or hotwire.

It's sad - this is our 3rd Marriott stay (Clearwater Beach, which is a complete dump, and the Harbor Beach Marriott, which is nice, but a complete rip-off) and all disappointing. Hopefully, the folks in Bethesda read these...my guess is, they don't care - they just want the dollars from the corporate accounts.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
czucker, General Manager at Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

We sincerely thank you for taking the time and sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us. I also want to thank you on behalf of my team for recognizing their outstanding customer service and making you feel valued. We are always improving on our product as you had mentioned our newly renovated lobby and restaurant and our next upgrade will be done to our guestrooms and pool area.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to have you back when your plans bring you to the Boca Raton area.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I spent 4 nights with my family (my wife and 2 little girls) and we had a terrific experience. We arrived late at night, but at check in Andrew gave us a superior room on the 9th floor anyway, even if we booked with Hotwire. He also committed to extra amenities that promptly happened the next day!
We ask for a crib and by the time I parked the car it was already in our room!!! (By experience, I know that sometimes can take a while to have it delivered).
They have fresh free coffee in the morning, and flavored iced water throughout the day. My daughters loved it! (Not the coffee LOL).

The room was big, the location great and the staff exceptional!
And everybody was spoiling our little girls with treats every day (stickers, cookies....).

We tried the breakfast on our last day, and I can only regret to have it done just once! For the price, it was an exceptional values!

I definitely recommend this hotel, and the price was unbelievable for this type of service!

Keep up the good work!
I will definitely look up for more Marriott properties in the future!

Room Tip: High floor are better if you can get one
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have stayed at this property for the past ten years. Until recently nothing had changed. The recent update to the bar and restaurant was a much needed update. The new bar makes you want to stay on the property and the menu has some great new options. I love the grill cheese. If it wasn't for this update I would have rated the property as good. The rooms are dated and in need of some changes. While dated the rooms are still comfortable and the beds are always nice. The location is convenient to the mall, restaurants and I95. I will be staying here again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Plantation, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I was able to get a great rate through Amazon, but it would have been worth twice the price. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable, and there are great restaurants and shops just outside the back door. The hotel restaurant was quite good, my husband said the Caesar salad was the best he'd ever had! Room service was also quite good, if a little pricey. The room has a good size refrigerator, but no microwave, though that didn't bother me. The bed was very comfortable with plenty of fluffy pillows and spotless linens. All in all, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center? Share your experiences!