“Another tired Marriott property. Surprised at all the great reviews.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey
“Another tired Marriott property. Surprised at all the great reviews.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

First, I'll begin by saying that I booked this hotel on Priceline as an 'express deal' for $54/night. If I were one of the people who paid $189 for the advertised price, I'd feel cheated - not worth it at all. While the new lobby is beautiful, the rooms need a major facelift. Dated furniture, not necessarily the cleanest rooms, and, in my opinion, an uncomfortable bed. Additionally, the pool area is completely uninviting for a pool area - drab brown and the floor of the pool needs work. The furniture was dirty, and no plentiful, so if you are there on a busy day, good luck.

On a positive note, the front desk staff was very friendly. Even though we booked on priceline, the gentleman who helped us upon check-in upgraded us to the concierge floor.

This hotel is adequate for a night or 2 stay, and only if you book it through priceline or hotwire.

It's sad - this is our 3rd Marriott stay (Clearwater Beach, which is a complete dump, and the Harbor Beach Marriott, which is nice, but a complete rip-off) and all disappointing. Hopefully, the folks in Bethesda read these...my guess is, they don't care - they just want the dollars from the corporate accounts.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
czucker, General Manager at Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

We sincerely thank you for taking the time and sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us. I also want to thank you on behalf of my team for recognizing their outstanding customer service and making you feel valued. We are always improving on our product as you had mentioned our newly renovated lobby and restaurant and our next upgrade will be done to our guestrooms and pool area.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to have you back when your plans bring you to the Boca Raton area.

Sincerely

BocaMarriottGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I spent 4 nights with my family (my wife and 2 little girls) and we had a terrific experience. We arrived late at night, but at check in Andrew gave us a superior room on the 9th floor anyway, even if we booked with Hotwire. He also committed to extra amenities that promptly happened the next day!
We ask for a crib and by the time I parked the car it was already in our room!!! (By experience, I know that sometimes can take a while to have it delivered).
They have fresh free coffee in the morning, and flavored iced water throughout the day. My daughters loved it! (Not the coffee LOL).

The room was big, the location great and the staff exceptional!
And everybody was spoiling our little girls with treats every day (stickers, cookies....).

We tried the breakfast on our last day, and I can only regret to have it done just once! For the price, it was an exceptional values!

I definitely recommend this hotel, and the price was unbelievable for this type of service!

Keep up the good work!
I will definitely look up for more Marriott properties in the future!

Room Tip: High floor are better if you can get one
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have stayed at this property for the past ten years. Until recently nothing had changed. The recent update to the bar and restaurant was a much needed update. The new bar makes you want to stay on the property and the menu has some great new options. I love the grill cheese. If it wasn't for this update I would have rated the property as good. The rooms are dated and in need of some changes. While dated the rooms are still comfortable and the beds are always nice. The location is convenient to the mall, restaurants and I95. I will be staying here again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Plantation, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I was able to get a great rate through Amazon, but it would have been worth twice the price. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable, and there are great restaurants and shops just outside the back door. The hotel restaurant was quite good, my husband said the Caesar salad was the best he'd ever had! Room service was also quite good, if a little pricey. The room has a good size refrigerator, but no microwave, though that didn't bother me. The bed was very comfortable with plenty of fluffy pillows and spotless linens. All in all, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The hotel is in a very safe area surrounded by bars and restaurants with a small strip mall on the side.

Its facilities are well maintained, free parking, nice gym and ok pool. Good restaurant if you don't want to leave the hotel, but steps away is an array of great places too.

The room has everything you need, a nice sofa bed and great flat screen tv. Too bad many HD channels were not really HD. Not sure why they have it set up like that. Indeed very few HD channels. This is room for improvement, it is 2013. Something was wrong with ice machines, since I noticed others guest couldn't get ice either.

Bathroom was flawless with nice compliments.

Great desk/work area spacious.

Great staff made check in/out extremely smooth and easy.

Overall a great stay, I will be back as often as needed.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are good. You might be better with higher rooms.
Green Features: I did not notice a lot of pro environment other than save the washing thing. But not a lot of recycling plastic/paper etc. Or repurposed materials.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Ship Bottom, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We have stayed twice at this Marriott. Excellent bar-great selection of drinks-several flat screens for a easy view, very good food. Great service. Very nice pool and spa. The concierge's breakfast as well as later afternoon light fare if you are staying on the higher floors are an excellent additional perk.

Room Tip: Higher Floors have less noise and some great views
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We spent one night in Boca Raton and couldn't of asked to stay in a better location or hotel. The hotel room was very spacious and clean! Upon arrival we received two free drink vouchers to redeem at the hotel bar. These vouchers worked on pretty much any drink you wanted with the exception of top shelf liquor. Our room view overlooked a city center with restaurants and bars, 2 of which were Rocco's Tacos (which we do not recommend) and then the English Tap (amazing restaurant and bar-HIGHLY RECOMMEND). The mall was also very close to us we could see it out of our hotel room window! We had no issue with parking at the hotel and there is not a fee to park in their huge parking lot. All the staff were very inviting and friendly and overall we had a great stay. I would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center? Share your experiences!