“Excellent remodel completed in lobby/restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #11 of 26 hotels in Boca Raton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent remodel completed in lobby/restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The lobby and restaurant area have just been redone and they are beautiful. The staff were courteous, the pool was clean and the rooms were adequate.

Not many complaints here. We did have a basketball team staying on our floor and we could hear them through the wall (we had an adjoining room to them, but were not with them). We ran out of toilet paper and there wasn't a spare roll around, so that was a bother too.

And with the Boca weather, I wish the lobby had umbrellas to hand out to guests who didn't pack one!

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the side with the view (one side looks over roofs and the parking lot). Ask to be pla...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

475 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights for business and felt the room was very comfortable. Love waffle-weave robes but skip the starch next time :) I had some feedback on the room service salad (wasn't asking for a refund) but they removed from bill right away. Room has a mini fridge and nice coffee/tea set up. Internet connection worked fine and desk is laptop friendly. A bit far from I-95.

• Stayed January 2013
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Whenever I am in Boca I stay at the Marriott because of the location. With it being high season I understand the rates go up but you should cater to your guest that visit you through out the year and be willing to work with us. The staff is sincere and do their best to work with myself and my colleagues. I hope when planning my next trip to boca mid February I will be able to stay and enjoy the new great room and the friendly service instead of having to go to the Hilton that offers a more desired rate for my budget.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

The staff of this Marriott are absolutely amazing. I recently arrived for a 5 day stay on business and my 1st night became very ill and had to ask the staff to call an ambulance. They, of course did that, but also sent someone up to sit with me until they arrived so I wouldn't be alone. The next day it became apparent that I would be in the hospital for a while and I was concerned about the cost of the room since it was a business trip. I called the front desk to let them know what was going on and the staff immediately agreed to pack up my belongings and store them so I wouldn't be charged for the room, and one of tbe front desk staff even brought my purse to the hospital since i had taken almost nothing with me. Then to my delight, they even arranged for my rental car to be picked up so I wouldn't have those charges either. And to top all of that off, when I called them five days later to tell them I was being released and flying home, the guest relations manager came in from home to bring my suitcase to the hospital for me. I stay at this location a lot and the staff has always been great and super welcoming, but they went well above and beyond what was required of them during this visit, and I can't tell you how much their care and attention means to me. Thank you so much to the wonderful staff at this Marriott!!!! Christine O.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed at the Boca Marriott for a meeting and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is finishing a remodeling of its lobby and it looks very nice - open bar/restaurant area. The meeting rooms are well-appointed and nicely located on the main floor. My sleeping room was nothing fancy but was a good size with a sofa and nice desk in addition to a king bed (I thought the bed was just a bit soft, but then prefer a very firm mattress). The bathroom is small but does have a separate sink and closet area which is nice. It was very nice that the hotel is located next to Boca Center, a small shopping center with a mix of local and chain stores and a nice selection of dining options from Brio Tuscan Grill and Uncle Tai to Panera and a great little place called Salad Creations. Finally, the staff were all extremely friendly and accommodating. If you need to come to Boca Raton and don't need to be on the beach, I'd recommend this Marriott.

Room Tip: Since the hotel is in a pretty suburban location I'm not sure location makes much difference. O...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

After a long day of traveling we were happy to arrive in Boca. The hotel is still under renovations so that was a little disappointing for the rate we paid. We are Elite members with Marriott and usually get access to the lounge this time the agent wasn't willing to accomdate us wish we got her name. When we got off the elevator there was glasses and dishes on the table and they were there the next morning when I went out to go for a run. Room is standard my wife noticed a empty bottle of diet coke under the bed and being with Marriott many years we know they are loyal to Pepsi. A friendly suggestion spend more time when preparing room for the next guest. The location is great close to upscale shopping center.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
czucker, General Manager at Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your valueable feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We certainly do apologize that our lobby/restaurant/lounge was not completed while you were staying with us and we hope we do get another opportunity to have you back so you can enjoy all of the amenities our hotel has to offer as we have reopen our entire lobby area this weekend. I also apologize for the lack of attention to detail when it came to the product of the guestroom and we take these reviews very seriously so we can improve on delivering what you have come to expect from the Marriott brand.

We all hope to have you back to show you that your feedback makes a tremendous difference and also thank you for being a Marriott loyal Rewards guest!

Sincerely

Cathy Zucker
manahttan, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

WHO STAYS THERE ....business conferences are the big draw, but the Marriott is an excellent choice for leisure travelers who visit for a short stay or a season in the boca area.

FURNISHINGS ...ordinary, but rooms are large, bright,immaculate. No bar, no safe but a 'fridge is a
practical convenience

SERVICE...from all the staff, front desk, bell station, housekeeping is excellent and everyone seems anxious to please.

LOCATION upscale shopping center featuring decent to excellent restaurants ...Chinese, Tuscan American, Japanese,Mexican, yes, Starbucks and Macdonalds, too. It's a few miles to the beach, but the sun's no good for you anyway. Check out the nearby Town Center, a massive upscale mall where you can spend big bucks in one visit, or just window shop for fun.

MARRIOTS NEW RESTAURANT ...looks really nice with an extensive menu, but alas, they are waiting for a county permit, before it can open, but that should be any day. I'll have to check it out on the next visit.

Room Tip: 11th floor, for access to complimentary full breakfast and evening substantial snacks
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center? Share your experiences!