“An Average Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Singapore, Singapore
“An Average Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

Was here for a conference, hotel was average, there's some restaurants outside and nothing much around. A longer walk takes you to a mall.

Was not satisfied with the way they handled billing. The placed a hold charge on a debit card without telling you. There's a notice at the corner of the reception counter but it is not immediately noticeable and it was not brought to our attention in person. It will be much better if they checked with their guests if they are using a debit card upon check-in and notify them of the hold charge. Was an unpleasant experience discovering it elsewhere when the card limit was reached.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
czucker, General Manager at Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center, responded to this review, November 25, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the valueable feedback in regards to how we communicate the different credit card options. We take great pride in providing the highest level of guest satisfaction you have come to expect from the Marriott brand and this information will be used to ensure all guests are informed on the billing process.

We sincerely hope to see you again if your travel plans bring you back to the Boca Raton area and again we thank you for staying with us!

Cathy Zucker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

I stayed at the Boca Raton Marriott and was appalled from the beginning. As we were approaching the front door we were greeted by raccoons and my wife was horrified. The bellman scooted off the raccoons. We had to wait at check in as there was only one agent and their were other guest in front of us. The Front Desk Manager was nice but was disguisted when I realized she was chewing gum. When we got on the elevator we noticed coffee stains and some wrappers on the floor. Approaching our door we noticed a couple of lights were out in the hallway and a couple of room service trays were in front of our door. When we entered our room it had a musty smell and was a very tired decor. My wife is very picky and started looking around and was not impressed with the cleaniness of the room. The linens are the quality of a Motel 6. We forgot a few items and went looking for a gift shop and was told they do not have one and have a few selected items. So we had to go to CVS. The next day we invited friends to meet us for lunch and to find the restaurant closed. We ended going and patronizing Brio. After lunch we went to the pool and there were no towels and it was a big mess. I went in to the fitness center to get towels but there were none in there and looked like it had not been attended to in some time. This was a BIG DISAPPOINTMENT FOR BEING IN SUCH A HIGH END AREA. WE WILL NOT RETURN.

Room Tip: Would not recommend hotel
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
czucker, General Manager at Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and providing valueable feedback to ensure we are focused on delivering the highest level of standards you have come to expect from the Marriott brand. We take great pride in providing our guests a friendly, clean and professional atmosphere and hope you give us another opportunity when your plans bring you back to the Boca Raton area.

Please contact me personally to make your reservations and I assure you will not be disappointed.

Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

We recently had our first national sales conference for our company. We hosted our event at the Boca Center Marriott. Being as it was our first time there were lots of mistakes to be made. However, the Marriott staff was more than accommodating and helpful. We were never in want of service, food or drink. There was always someone there to ask how we were doing and if we needed anything. The venue itself was well maintained and a great space to work with. Banquet staff was excellent. We never had to worry if the rooms were going to be clean or our materials were safe. The Executive Meeting and Convention Services Managers were so helpful and on top of everything. They made reservations for us one of the nights for a large group of people. We were well taken care of. Our only problem was that the internet towards the end of the day would cut out here and there, but it was hardly an issue.

Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011 via mobile

Room was dated and very very small, bathroom tiny. I needed tylenol or advil for bad back, so I went to front desk to ask where gift shop is and was told they have no gift shop and he opened a cabinet to reveal a couple toothbrushes and toothpaste tube, and he said that we have no pain reliever of any kind and told me a Walgreens was 3 miles away. I asked a bell boy for a ride , one was rude and one was very polite and drove me to Walgreens. The next day for my 2nd night I was on waiting list and they said we're overbooked, so I called Marriot fairfield and booked there. I asked the shuttle bell guy again ( problem was the nice one was off ) and the rude one (black hair I think his name was Steve) after I told him our company just spent 20,000 dollars at a sales conference at their hotel - made me we wait 45 minutes, then took me for the 5 minute ride, and tried to sell me his friends limo airport ride for the following day. Very unimpressed with this hotel - ordered a vodka drink at the bar --$12.00. I will return to Boca but never to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

First let me thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule and sharing your experience with us on your recent stay. It is because guests like yourself that provide us feedback on ways to improve our service delivery standards to ensure we maintain our excellent reputation for the place to stay in Boca Raton. We use our tripadvisor reviews for both recognition and training and it has become a valueable tool to ensure we are not just meeting guests expectations but exceeding them as well.

We all hope you will provide us another opportunity to take care of you when your plans bring you back to our area and to show you how valueable your feedback was on improving our entire teams service standards.

SIncerely,

Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Friendly, helpful staff, good workout facility, excellent value for price paid.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Hewlett, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

The hotel is very lovely looking in a beautiful tropical setting. The trees and plantings are
very lush.
The front desk really tries to take care of all your needs.
The rooms are pleasant and very clean.
The entire atmosphere is quietly elegant.
The location is very convenient.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
boca raton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I recently had a group stay at this hotel and we had a great experience!! I typically stay at another local property, but recently switched to this property. It was by far our best stay! We had a wonderful breakfast each morning, which was by far superior to other hotels. The staff at both the restaurant and the front desk were so accomdating and friendly. The best part is not only is it a wonderful hotel, but you can not beat the location! Outside there is a little shopping area that makes your feel like you are in your own little city.We were able to enjoy different restaurants each night, which was nice. We also were in walking distance of the mall. This is definitely my first choice for hotels in Boca Raton. I am so glad I made the switch! I will be a loyal customer to this property. The sales staff is excellent!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center? Share your experiences!