“A very nice surprise.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Boca Raton
Saint Augustine, Florida
“A very nice surprise.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We visit our son and his family in Delray Beach, but his house is too small to accommodate us. So I looked to Trip Advisor for hotel advise and was happy to have found the Best Western Plus University Inn. We were warmly received even though the lobby was being remodeled and was really noisy. Our room was very nice and right off the garden entry. The room was totally redecorated except the toilet/tub area and that was fine. The bed was really comfortable and my husband enjoyed the included breakfast. The chair in the room looked really comfortable but had a very too many stains for me to enjoy. Please don't think the room was dirty because it wasn't. We liked it so much we are returning at Thanksgiving. You can't beat this quality for the price.

Room Tip: We were in room 104 which is right on the 1st floor behind the lobby. You walk through a garden are...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Our last-minute stay at this hotel was surprisingly delightful. My husband and I unexpectedly had to spend a night in Boca, and were looking for a good value in a convenient location (on Federal Hwy.). Although they were in the midst of remodeling and the lobby was under construction, the room was beautifully decorated and very clean, and the included breakfast the next day was scrumptious! All the employees were extremely friendly, warm, and accommodating.

When the renovations are complete, which should be soon, this hotel will be a lovely little gem in the normally high-priced Boca Raton area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Venice, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We received a free evening at this hotel and for the most part it was great. The restaurant and the bar that is located in the hotel are both closed and currently not available to the customers. This fact was not pointed out on the web site when I booked the room. of the main reasons I chose this hotel was so we would not have to leave the property once we checked in. The room was fine and the service at the front desk was fine,I was just disappointed.

Room Tip: get one near pool
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
SE Ga
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Staff friendly, facility dated, room had dead centipedes, coffee maker dirty, toilet troubles (flushing), most problems promptly resolved, though should not have happened to begin with. for the price will chose a different location in the future. Breakfast was so-so. Pool was nice, daughter enjoyed it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Ft Walton Beech, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was a building site - both in its appearance and the way it was run - the physical building site i could have lived with as you can see that it will get better However, the management and customer service was so poor it will not improve until the manager is removed and replaced with one who cares for building the business by excellence and not argument. I stay in BW hotels all the time, and this is the worst i have ever stayed at. However the room was up to standard.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bw_boca_gm, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
David-

I would like to apologize from all the staff from not meeting your expectations. While our lobby is currently going through a renovation, that is no excuse for any disagreement you might have had with the manager.

Please know that we do take customer satisfaction very seriously, which is why you were upgraded to our deluxe room with complimentary snacks and bottled water.

We hope you allow us the chance to re-experience our hotel once the renovations are complete.
Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have to say I don't normally stay in hotels where the room door opens to the outside, but the pic's on the internet looked appealing, the price was right and the location was perfect for us. First of all the outside rooms open to a tropical court yard. There are locked gates all the way around, so you feel safe and secure. The extra security really wasn't needed because it is a very nice area. The rooms were clean and roomy. Each room had a microwave, refrigerated, and coffee pot. A full breakfast was included. There were a couple little problems which the staff immediately took care of. No complaints. It is located between FAU and the beach. Just a short drive to either one. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for a deluxe room. There's no difference. Less walking with first floor room...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us. We are all glad you had a wonderful stay at the hotel, and hope to see you again in the future.
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I booked a room for four nights to visit FAU and checked out after a few hours. Best Western has a high standard so I was a little disappointed when the bathroom in my otherwise very clean and updated room was run-down and dirty. I flushed the toilet within minutes of checking in and water spewed from the top of the tank. I notified the front desk and someone from maintenance was working on the toilet within minutes. The staff was very professional and prompt, which I appreciated, although after a long day of flying, I just wanted a room in which I could relax.

I went down to the pool and sunbathed for a while, and when I came back up to get in the shower, the shower head stalled, didn't release any water, then spewed out black gunk. I was horrified. I immediately packed my bags and notified the front desk that due to continuing plumbing issues and utterly disgusting shower water, I needed to leave immediately. A different woman was at the front desk and she was also very professional and courteous, she voided the remainder of my reservation charges but couldn't guarantee that I would be reimbursed for the check-in day. I was told I could speak with a manager later about the issue. As of this writing, the charge hasn't shown up on my credit card statement.

The staff was professional and courteous, but I don't recommend this hotel until the issues with plumbing are addressed and righted.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Sarah-

Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you encountered during your brief stay with us.

I am glad someone was able to address your toilet issue right away, but we are still working on understanding the shower issue. We have not been able to replicate the issue you experienced. I am truly sorry that it happened to you as we strive to make all our guest have the best stay as possible.

We hope you give us another opportunity to win you over.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn? Share your experiences!