“Wow - What a disappointment!!” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Chops Lobster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 683 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Chops Lobster Bar in Royal Palm Place is a true destination, offering Boca Raton’s best quality USDA Prime meats and a wide selection of pristine seafood. It boasts two levels: Chops, a luxe steakhouse setting, and Lobster Bar, a chic seafood bar with mosaic tile and extensive raw bar. The hip bar features live music and an extensive, award-winning wine list.
Ocala, Florida
“Wow - What a disappointment!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

You have got to be kidding! New York Prime, Mortons or Chops - and just to be fair to Chops - let's include McDonalds. Let me think. Ok, New York Prime 1st, Morton's 2nd McDonald's 3rd and as for Chops - not unless I can bring a Big Mac with me!

For those of you you still want to try it because it is the new "in place" in Boca Raton and you respect the Buckhead Restaurant group, like I do, please tell me when you are going so I can stand out front and say "I TOLD YOU SO!"

Over priced is OK, as long as the soup isn't salty and the Steak has some flavor so the poor cow didn't die in vain. A good meal is worth anything you pay for it but a bad one is down right offensive. Buck Head should be embarassed to have Chops in Boca Raton in the family!

Boca Raton, FL
“Don't know why this place is so popular”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2008

I don't understand why this restaurant is so popular. I've been there twice, and found the food to be average and overpriced.

Florida
“a terrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2008

We went to Chops on a Saturday night in April. We arrived 10 minutes early for our 8:30 reservation, but weren't seated until after 9:30! The noise was deafening, the food was overpriced ($34 for a small filet mignon with nothing else on the plate - extra for potato, extra for vegetable, extra for salad), and the steak was dry and tasteless. We will not go back.

Hollywood, Florida
“One of the Best Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2008

I went mid-week for the first time with a group of business people; there were five of us. Even mid-week, the place was packed with a nice, upscale (although somewhat "older") crowd. We started with a "Seafood Tower," which -- while expensive -- was very impressive. It had four stone crab claws, each of which were more than 14 ounces. It had four large shrimp, four raw oysters, a lobster cut in half and read to eat, and a mound of blue crab meat in the center! Everything was fresh and tasty - a big hit. For dinner, two of the guys had boneless kobe beef rib eye steak. Both guys raved about the quality and flavor, and even had to take some home because it was too much to finish. The steaks are nicely charred on the outside, with a ton of moistness inside. I had the "surf and turf," which was an 8 ounce filet, perfectly prepared, and a "flash fried" (almost tempura style) half lobster tail. I honestly couldnt finish it all, but it was one of the best combos I have had in a long time. You leave this place totally full, and totally satisfied. Our waiter was very professional, and he was assisted by a couple people as well. Obviously, this is not a cheap meal, but they make you feel very welcome and taken care of when dining there. And -- most importantly -- the hostesses are drop dead gorgeous. I recommend this place highly.

Merrick, NY
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2008

My husband and I ate at Chops in March . The service was good, but the food was awful. The lobster bisque was so salty it burned my mouth. The same was true of the steak - it was cooked the way I asked, but it had no flavor except salt. We come from New York and have eaten at Peter Luger, Ruth's Chris, Morton's and Frank's, so we know a good steak. Chops was a big, and expensive, disappointment.