“Just Plain Bad Experience” 1 of 5 stars

561-347-6313
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #118 of 653 restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Dining
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Just Plain Bad Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We went to Maggiano's for my wife's birthday. Our visit was a bad experience that got worse. The waiter was intent on selling us the buy-one-meal, take-one-meal home and telling us his life story. It took forever to get the food and the portions were small (much smaller than other Maggiano's locations). Plus everything came out cold. At which point Manager Bruce got involved: The second take at our main courses was better - but the food was still off. We also needed other waiters to get us drink refills, silverware, napkins and THE BILL. I assume that this experience was just bad (very bad) luck.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

68% Recommend
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“My second visit was a huge disappointment!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My boyfriend took me there for my birthday November 2nd. I loved it so much that I decided to return and instead I brought my two best friends. Our waiter “Emiliano” came to our table took our drinks reqs 10mins later he’s back at our table & took our food order. Then after we all told him what we wanted he then introduce to us the “family menu” & told us he will give us time to think about it then he LEFT!. Our drinks finally came out, which took a while. Then we told him again the same thing we wanted, which was not on the “family menu” Shocking! He forced us to tell him the pasta dish we wanted to take home. We told him we do not know yet last time we were here we decided after our entrée he said he need TO KNOW RIGHT NOW, so he can put it in the SYSTEM. Ok, our food finally came out plus an extra plate for me which I did not order. After our entrees, the check came we paid then he said goodnight. We walked our friends outside and OMG we forgot our take home pasta’s. MAYBE if we didn’t order our take home pastas in the beginning we would have remembered! OUR WAITER should have remember that not us a customer! We came back told Emiliano we do not have our dishes instead of apologizing he said “ok, I go get it.” 10mins later he bring it, it’s extremely FROZEN. Last time we were here it was freshly made. We spoke to the manager “Mark” he said, “it always been like that” despite the fact that my boyfriend visits Maggianos a lot & my previous visit the pasta was warm. Mark did not insist on warming it up and was not apologetic! I was once a “Manager” and I know that a simple oh, I’m sorry let me warm it up for you, but next time in the future please be aware etc…… wow, Mark needs to be more rational on finding solutions on a dissatisfying customer!!! But guess what??? Besides that I was very pleased to see that my request for a particular place of seating area was honored.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Boca Raton, Florida
“Always consistent, always great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I never went to any of these "chain" restaurants in New Jersey, until I moved to Florida in January 2013 and, boy, what was I missing?!!

As an American of Italian descent, I think I know good Italian food, and I do, and Maggiano's hit's the mark.

The fried calamari is outstanding- best I've had, and I've a lot over the years!

Frankly, I almost always go for the "buy one take one home" pasta dishes, not only are they an incredible value, but great too! Service is always wonderful, and we try to sit in the bar area on Friday or Saturday nights, when Chris is at the piano bar- what a talent he is! I really do not feel that I am at a "chain" restaurant. The bar tender, Rico, is amazing, a real talent and a nice, friendly gentleman.

All is good at Maggiano's at Boca raton.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boca Raton, Florida
“Feell like Family!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This restaurant is the epitome of family style dining... you feel like you are eating in nonna's kitchen, with the fantastic service, delicious food and wonderful ambience! Love to go with my big crazy italian family and share the meals together!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boca Raton
“Great food moderately priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The fried zucchini and fried calamari are perfectly prepared. The pasta dishes and seafood entrees are flavorful and won't break the bank. This restaurant is lively and a great place to celebrate any special day. The private rooms for catered affairs are tastefully done and the service is always good.

• Visited March 2013