“One of the best in the city, but not perfect” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 655 restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: N.E. 2nd Street
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“One of the best in the city, but not perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have been to Ruth's Chris steakhouses all over the country, and they are all very expensive and rather pretentious, but are also very good. Most of them have excellent service and meals, and perfectly done steaks. The one in Boca, however, appears to suffer from the tourist season blues, as it compromises a bit on quality. We have relatives who winter in Boca, so have been there almost yearly. This year, however, there appeared to be less attention to the doneness of the very expensive steaks. In our party of 7, all degrees of doneness were ordered, and few came out correctly. I ordered rare, and mine was. Another ordered medium rare, and it was medium. Another didn't like rare, so ordered medium, and it was as rare as mine. With everything a la carte, it ends up being a very, very expensive meal. Glasses of house wine are $11 each, and vegetables aren't the large sharable sizes from the past. For our table of 7, the tab was close to $1000, so not having the steaks done perfectly to order is pretty inexcusable.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Always a good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I invited two friends to join me for dinner at Ruth's Chris in Boca Raton. As always, the service was excellent and the food perfectly prepared. I can only think of two things I don't like about Ruth's Chris - it's a chain and there are seldom surprises on the menu.

That said, the location in Boca Raton, Florida meets or exceeds Ruth's high standards. If you been to a Ruth's Chris before, you know what to expect - first-class service and excellent steaks, appetizers and sides. My New York Strip (Pittsburgh style) was prepared perfectly and the peppercorn sauce was delicious. My friends' filet and porterhouse were also just right and they thought the bernaise sauce was among the best they had ever had. We tried a Caesar salad (very good), lobster bisque (outstanding) and jumbo shrimp cocktail (excellent).

For sides we shared the creamy spinach and au gratin potatoes - both were very good and the portion size was more than enough for three.

We chose the house Merlot rather than trying to pick from the extensive wine list and were not disappointed.

You're always going to pay more, but I always have felt it was worth it. The Boca Raton location would make Ruth proud. They're doing a great job of replicating the level of service and food she demanded.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nearly always consistent..but”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went to the Boca location to celebrate my mothers 80th birthday. Service a a bit slow but overall, we were all satisfied. I was a bit disappointed with my NY Sirloin as it lacked taste and wasn't as tender as I've experienced in the past. RC is still by far one of my favorite steakhouses.

Visited February 2013
Boca Raton, Florida
“Nothing compares if you like steak!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Great food, and ambience.
A bit pricey; nice for a celebration.
Enjoyed the atmosphere and all the attendants.
Prefer to reserve this as a place to REALLY TREAT !!

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boynton Beach, Florida
“CHRISTmas was never better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My son invited us for dinner with his girl friend. The meal could not have been better. The steak I had was full of flavor, cooked to perfection, and as tender as could be. I can't wait till he invites us for dinner again. It was great 5Star

Visited December 2012