“A Secret” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
Minneapolis
“A Secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This place is off the beaten path but a must try. One of my favorite places for lunch. Always busy. They are famous for their healthy sandwiches and salads.

Visited September 2012

Norfolk, Virginia
“Charming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Everything is made to order. The muffin accompaniment was delicious. You can sit inside or outside and we chose inside.

Visited July 2012
Coral Springs, Florida
“Love their food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Fresh Provence stlye cafe with great food. Great Quiche, homemade muffins, and desserts along with fresh juices. Only open for a few hours daily and worth checking out what they are .

Visited August 2011
boca raton, florida
“Amazing Fresh food and desserts!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

The shrimp salad is delicious!! I also had coconut cream pie that was out of this world!!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
florida
“Disappointing, underwhelming”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

I had just seen it reviewed on "Check Please!" (TV program) and it looked delightful - the lobster roll looked mouth-watering and everything that was said about it sounded so appealing. I actually decided the very next day to go for lunch, and even got there 20 minutes early as I had thought parking would be a problem (it wasn't - there is a small parking lot adjacent to the Tin Muffin Cafe, which was perfect). It is prettily laid out, plenty of outdoor seating, and inside too, you can tell they take a lot of pride with it - it's definitely got a welcoming atmosphere with nice decor.

The service was excellent - I was the only person there so I guess if it hadn't been good, I would have had a real problem with them! I was disappointed when I was told that the lobster roll was not available that day (I didn't even see it on the menu, so maybe it no longer is offered at all? Just a shame that this was highlighted on Check Please! and that was the actual reason I went there). I was told there were several different quiches instead - but I decided on a chicken salad sandwich at $10.95. It was nicely presented, but I have to say that the amount of actual chicken salad IN the sandwich was negligible - maybe a teaspoon in each section, if that. There was lettuce and tomato etc., but I think only two bites in each quarter had chicken in it, but the bread was fresh - so overall it was OK. Just for that kind of price, I'd expect more actual chicken in there. Very disappointing.

I ordered some chocolate cake to go - it was quite good. Not outstanding, and nothing I'd drive up to Boca for, just quite good (Cheesecake factory's is better). I was surprised at the check - two amounts were written on there $10.95 for the sandwich and $6.50 for the cake, and the total $18.50. Nothing about taxes or anything like that - and I always like to tip on the pre-tax amount, so I found it misleading. Most people no doubt will tip on that total that they are given, and that isn't right. I could have added it up myself I suppose, and worked it out that way, but I just couldn't be bothered. I just left a $20 note (they only take cash or check, no credit cards) and left. They should put the pre-tax amount on there and put what the sales tax is. I don't like that they didn't - it just didn't feel professional. I know it's all about home cooked food etc., but it's still a business, still a restaurant, so you need to put the subtotal on there, the tax, and then the total. Not a huge deal, but it bothers me.
It wasn't a terrible lunch, but it wasn't what I was expecting, and I wouldn't go back, not even if I was hungry and driving right past it. There are plenty of other places to go where you get real value for money, and don't leave hungry (like I did).

• Visited May 2012