“Very Good BBQ” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner
Boca Raton, Florida
“Very Good BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

This is a great restaurant if you like BBQ. The food is excellent and sizable portions. Prices are very fair. The restaurant isn't that big and can be busy with a wait. They get people in and out pretty quick so not so bad. I have taken several friends from out of town and they have always raved about it.

nyc
“Worth the visit every time we go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Every time im in South Florida visiting the family I insist we go to Mississippi Sweets restaurant. First off, it doesnt feel like Florida, no "earlybird" specials here and there is always a pleasantly mixed crowd of people dining. The place is smallish but we never have to wait for more than 20 mins. Anyway... about the food, great bbq, ribs fall off the bone, bbq chicken is excellent, not dry and very tasty, the sauce here in my opinion is just right. The sides are fine, not exceptional but pretty good and the prices are really fair, a very satisfying meal for all, every time!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
washington dc
“Better check the hours !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I hope the owner reads this. Its all about communication. On Super Bowl Sunday we call at 5:00 pm,to double check the address. No mention that they were not taking any new takeout orders. We arrive at 515 pm, they said they were closing at 6 ( on this day) . What I dont understand is that they were still seating people to eat inside when I left at 520. What is the difference between ordering something at a table and something for take out.
The menu looked good, food smelled good but I just dont understand if you are still seating people. Its very rude and inconsistent

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Blaine, Minnesota, USA
“well worth going to for a meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

We love to eat BBQ when we travel. My niece and her husband brought us here and we weren't disappointed. The ribs fell off the bone they were so tender. The chicken winds were good sized and and moist, lots of minced garlic showing on them! Loved the sweet potatoe chips! I'll be back on our next visit! It's not a large restaurant, they do a lot of take out business. Seating can be limited during busiest time of the day.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
boston
“Excellent Barbecue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

This is only my wife and my second visit to Boca Raton, and I never thought of this area as having great barbecue. I learned this was furthest from the truth when we went to Mississippi Sweets. The barbecue was really outstanding...I had half a rack of ribs (finger-licking good!!!), excellent baked beans, and a fabulous side called Mississippi sweets. They are sweet potatoes cut as potato chips..Very habit forming...My wife had the combo of ribs and chicken wings, and she was equally happy with her meal...If you are in the Boca area and hungry for barbecue, don't ever think you can't satisfy your hunger. Just plan to go to Mississippi Sweets.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere