“Great Food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #92 of 683 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Coming to you from Federal Hill Providence, Rhode Island; Jamie Barlow brings with her Authentic Italian and Mexican cooking using only the finest ingredients. Chef Barlow earned her double bachelors degree in Culinary and Hospitality from the Official Johnson and Wales University in Rhode Island. Chef Barlow continued her education in Belgium, Europe while attending a school for Hospitality and Tourism, studying under italian chefs. With over 25+ years experience, Chef Barlow has created an extensive catering menu in which we can accommodate intimate dinners for two, or large parties of up to 3,000. Although originally meaning to be a catering only establishment, popular demand caused Chef Barlow to open her doors to the public and began serving dinner. Five years later, we have La Stella staff, past employees, and especially our customers to thank for our success. We are grateful for your loyalty. La Stella's has specialized in serving Authentic Mexican for lunch during the week and Authentic Italian every night for dinner. Using only the finest ingredients and hand selected meats, Chef Barlow has a focus on using mostly, if not all, organic ingredients. Containing 10 tables maximum indoors, La Stellas remains to be an intimate, neighborhood gem
New York City
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I love this restaurant. It's a great neighborhood find. The staff is extremely friendly. Say hi to Adam. He's the adorable waiter This is a small restaurant cozy restaurant. The decor was cool clean and comfortable. There is even outdoor seating on the prettiest sidewalks in Boca Raton called Palmetto Park Blvd.

Time to talk the DELICIOUS food.
8 out of 10 x's I get the same entree HOUSE SMOKED SALMON..... YUMMO. it's served with a baby arugula salad tossed lightly in a nice light olive oil, squeeze of lemon and grated parmesan,
I also like the Escarole and Beans.. All the food is delicious. that's what my friends all tell me and i can see there is nothing left on the plate. I go here all the time. There is My FAVORITE and there will be your FAVORITES ...there is nothing more to say. The prices I think are very reasonable and worth every bite

I highly recommend it!

ENJOY

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
LaStellasRestaurant, Owner at La Stella's, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Hi there,
Thank you so much for taking your time to rate and review us here at La Stella. We are so happy to see you enjoy every experience with us. The salmon is also one of my favorites here, and the escarole and beans also have many fans. We hope to see you again soon, and thank you again for taking your time to review us. It really means the world to us.

Thanks again!
Jamie

Boca Raton, Florida, United States
“A True Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I've passed by this restaurant countless times driving up and down Palmetto Park Road and never had a chance to try it, until this weekend. The restaurant is an intimate dining venue--very reminiscent of the way the great finds are in major cities. It took me back to my days living in Boston. One of the evening's specials was a fig and prosciutto flat bread pizza (a nod to Todd English, my favorite celebrity chef) naturally I had to order it. To die for. Jamie, the chef/owner politely came over to our table to introduce herself and I couldn't help but gush over the flavorful dish. Todd better watch his back! Dear Jamie: PLEASE add this to your regular menu. It was beyond fantastic!!! La Stella's also scored major points with me since they serve my favorite Zardetto Prosecco. I thank you for a fantastic dining experience and my boyfriend and I will be back!! Thank you again!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
LaStellasRestaurant, Owner at La Stella's, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Jamie,

It was such a pleasure to meet you and your boyfriend!! You were both so extremely sweet and I am so happy you enjoyed your experience with us. I really hope to see you again soon, I had fun talking with you both.

Thank you very much for taking your time to rate and review us here :) You have no idea how much it means to me.

XO,
Jamie
Coral Springs, Florida
“You got to check it out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Mexican Lunch and Italian Dinner...who'd have thought any restaurant could swing that? Tremendous portions, complimentary lunch chips and salsa, great service and free street parking for two hours.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
LaStellasRestaurant, Owner at La Stella's, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you so much for your very kind review. It is very hard to get the word out about lunch, and we appreciate you taking your time to rate and review us. We hope you return again shortly!

Thanks again,

Jamie Barlow
Boca Raton
“Absolutely delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

I have heard of La Stella's from a few friends raving about it before. Last week me and my husband finally went to try it, and I must say it was everything my friends had said. First the service was terrific. The manager Mathew was very welcoming and made us feel extremely comfortable. The food was amazing! The best traditional tasting Italian food I've had in Boca, not to mention the great wine list. The adorable hostess Paula told us about their Mexican lunch, they call their restaurant Estrella's by day. We went for lunch 2 days ago and I absolutely loved it. The guacamole and chips was incredible. Karina our waitress gave us perfect service and described to us all ingredients used to make their authentic Mexican dishes. She told us she made the sangrias herself and insisted we try some. My husband ordered the Carne Asada which he loved, I wanted to go light so I had the Estrella's salad with shrimp. I was super satisfied and extremely happy with everything. Not to mention how delicious the sangrias were. Definitely a new favorite place.

• Visited June 2014
Krista,
Thank you so much for your extremely sweet and detailed review. I am so happy to hear that you truly enjoyed your experience with us at La Stellas. I am happy you decided to try it for lunch! The word is hard to spread, and you have no idea how much it means to us that you were able to take the time to rate and review us. Thank you again,

Jamie Barlow
Boca Raton, Florida
“My Favorite.. found out now serving lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I have been coming to this spot for years and decided it was time to review them. For starters, the staff is great. Very welcoming, and you immediately feel very comfortable ( whether you come three times a week or it's your first time). Making a reservation is always very easy, you can text the owner with reservation changes and there is always someone at the restaurant to answer your calls. The food is all outstanding, including the freshly baked bread that is served hot as soon as you sit down. I would suggest getting the Pistachio Crusted Tomato as an appetizer and the Tagliatelle pasta as your main entree. I RECENTLY TRIED THEIR LUNCH menu, which is Authentic Mexican. La Stella's is only open for lunch during the week, and I would suggest to try it out. Fresh home made tortilla chips are served hot as soon as you sit down with fresh salsa. Very tasty. Well done Jamie!

• Visited June 2014
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to rate and review La Stella's restaurant. We extremely appreciate your patronage, and we hope you decide to return again soon.