“My Favorite.. found out now serving lunch!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #92 of 683 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Coming to you from Federal Hill Providence, Rhode Island; Jamie Barlow brings with her Authentic Italian and Mexican cooking using only the finest ingredients. Chef Barlow earned her double bachelors degree in Culinary and Hospitality from the Official Johnson and Wales University in Rhode Island. Chef Barlow continued her education in Belgium, Europe while attending a school for Hospitality and Tourism, studying under italian chefs. With over 25+ years experience, Chef Barlow has created an extensive catering menu in which we can accommodate intimate dinners for two, or large parties of up to 3,000. Although originally meaning to be a catering only establishment, popular demand caused Chef Barlow to open her doors to the public and began serving dinner. Five years later, we have La Stella staff, past employees, and especially our customers to thank for our success. We are grateful for your loyalty. La Stella's has specialized in serving Authentic Mexican for lunch during the week and Authentic Italian every night for dinner. Using only the finest ingredients and hand selected meats, Chef Barlow has a focus on using mostly, if not all, organic ingredients. Containing 10 tables maximum indoors, La Stellas remains to be an intimate, neighborhood gem
Boca Raton, Florida
“My Favorite.. found out now serving lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I have been coming to this spot for years and decided it was time to review them. For starters, the staff is great. Very welcoming, and you immediately feel very comfortable ( whether you come three times a week or it's your first time). Making a reservation is always very easy, you can text the owner with reservation changes and there is always someone at the restaurant to answer your calls. The food is all outstanding, including the freshly baked bread that is served hot as soon as you sit down. I would suggest getting the Pistachio Crusted Tomato as an appetizer and the Tagliatelle pasta as your main entree. I RECENTLY TRIED THEIR LUNCH menu, which is Authentic Mexican. La Stella's is only open for lunch during the week, and I would suggest to try it out. Fresh home made tortilla chips are served hot as soon as you sit down with fresh salsa. Very tasty. Well done Jamie!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
LaStellasRestaurant, Owner at La Stella's, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to rate and review La Stella's restaurant. We extremely appreciate your patronage, and we hope you decide to return again soon.

“Great Italian food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This place has been there for 18 years. I never realized that or I would not have waited until there was a groupon to go. Small and quaint, perfect for a couple and not a place where you are going to hear screaming kids. It only seats 32 inside with a couple of tables on the porch out front. Be prepared, the servings are huge. The grilled calamari was spot on, a little spice but that's good for me. The breaded and fired mozzarella is topped with fresh tomatoes, capers and olives. It could feed three. My fiance' had chicken picata, it was light and very tasty. My dinner was called Sunday gravy. A huge bowl of ziti topped with italian sausage, a meatball and braised pork shoulder along with sauce. The espresso flourless torte served warm for dessert was excellent as well. The service was excellent as well. It is a little pricy but the serving portions make up for that.

• Visited July 2014
Rick,
Thank you for taking your time to rate and review La Stellas with such a detailed review. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed everything at La Stellas. We love hearing the specifics about a guest's visit, and we appreciate it more then you know. We hope you decide to return again soon.

Jamie Barlow
Head Chef and Owner
Troms, Norway
“Good, very good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

My glass of wine had cork in it, but getting a new one was not a problem. The wine was also served to cold, since white red and sparkling was stored in a big tub of ice water.

But when the food came out I had managed to get my wine to the right temperature, and it was all good. The food was good, and i definitively see myself going back to this star.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

There are many Italian Restaurants in this area of East Boca Raton, Florida. Most of them are excellent restaurants. Most of them are very high end and are very expensive. A few months ago I started eating dinner at La Stella's on Palmetto Park Road. This is a boutique Italian restaurant with a very nice indoor as well as outdoor section. The restaurant's chicken parmigiana is outstanding. The chicken is incredibly fresh. It tastes like excellent Bell and Evans chicken. The sauce and cheese are perfectly done. I am not kidding when I say it reminds me of some of the top places in New York that serves chicken Parmigiana. I have eaten some other items on the menu including some excellent original salads and a pasta dish that has cheese and pear in it. I believe it is called fagottini. It is out of this world. It is so flavorful. I highly recommend eating at this "find". It is fantastic.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“dinner in Boca Raton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great food
La Stella is very nice and wonderful place to eat
this is one of the best places I have been in Boca

• Visited May 2014