“Silly Name, Good Food - Great for Pre-Theater” 4 of 5 stars

N Federal HWY, Boca Raton, FL
561-338-0012
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pasta Fever is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #93 of 683 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: NE Spanish River Blvd
Miami Beach, Florida
“Silly Name, Good Food - Great for Pre-Theater”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Because we had 7:30 p.m. theater at the Wick Theater just up the street, we chose the $17.50 (cash only) three-course menu offered from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m. - a truly great value. Our veal piccata and broiled salmon with pear reduction sauce were substantial and excellent. They came with soup or salad plus pasta marinara and mixed vegetables plus rich desserts (we had tiramisu and profiterole). Wine by the glass is reasonable. The restaurant is small and filled entirely before 6:00 (make a reservation, at least on Saturdays). The atmosphere is basic, but the crowd seemed unusually upbeat and enjoying their meals. Conversation is easy. Free parking is adequate. Wait staff is cheerful and efficient (and seemed mostly French). I look forward to returning.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Boca Raton, Florida
“Double-Header win for Christmas / New Year!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Two reviews in one here...

After visiting for the first time for my girlfriend, Linda's, birthday on 12/7/13, we visited again on Christmas day, this time with my mother along with us. We went early, about 6:15, and the restaurant was maybe 5 tables full out of 12, but it filled up as the evening went on.

I can't say that I had anything different than the last time (duck terrine and chicken parm) but they were just both outstanding- in a different league. Linda had the snapper Livornese, which I tried, and it was to die for. My mother had the sword fish special, also excellent. We finished with profiteroles for Linda and my mother and I had the pecan pie- all superb.
Eric, of course, came out to see us, and later I visited him in the kitchen, where he was behind the range working his culinary magic. His wife, Dina was there, of course, and her family was also there for dinner. Where else would you go for Christmas when your daughter has a restaurant?

I finally got to analyzing the tables. There are 12, but a 4 and deuce can be split to make it 13. Their table for 8 at the front window (booked both times we were there, can be combined with a deuce next to it to create a table for ten. They also have a round table that will seat six. The rest are 4s and 2s, and most can be combined to create a 6.

We had Brian to serve again, and like the last time, he was a delight. I said to Linda, "whaddya think; best waiter we're ever had?" She said an emphatic "yes!". He's just so personable, and can adjust his personality to the party as required. A real actor on stage.

Now, and while worth the money, Past Fever is not inexpensive. With a 20% tip to Brian the total for three of us came to around $180, and this included four glasses of wine, a diet Coke, cappuccino and espresso. Also, they do not take American Express. Still, worth every penny!

At least on Trip Advisor, this restaurant, as it gains notariety, had soared from being in the top 200 in Boca, to the top 50 now, and that's out of over 600 restaurants in Boca.

__________________________________________________________________

Next: We came less than a week later for New Years Eve, Just Linda and I. No inflated prices, and the regular menu. Two seating's though at 5PM and 9PM, we took the latter seating and, of course had delightful Brian as our server. Eric gave us a comped bottle of bubbly, and I had my usual Terrine, but this time with Veal Parm instead of Chick Parm! (okay, I will try other items in the future!) Linda had the Escargots again (fabulous) and... I forget the seafood she had, but it was outstanding! Dessert, espresso, cappucino... it's hard to get better than this.

A wonderful evening, and we left at 11:45 to make it home in time for 2014.

Now, for Valentines Day.... ????

This will be my last review for Pasta Fever unless something of dramatic change should occur, either positive or negative. It's time to hear from others!

• Visited December 2013
Boca Raton, Florida
“Eric Mourjan hits it out of the park! 5+ stars! (long review)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Okay, I don't like the name either, but who cares? What's in a name when the cuisine is THIS good? Frankly, I would have called it "Pasta Amore".

Background and Details:

We finally made it to PF for my girlfriend's birthday last night. She goes back a long way with Eric since he first opened Bistro Provence in 2000. I have known him about two years now myself. The concept is about the same as "BP", a cute, small, storefront restaurant. BP eventually expanded to an additional store next door, but Eric said he's content with what he has now. "Small place, small problems". BP is still in business under the auspices of his former wife, Claudine, and it's not that far away on N. Federal either!

Eric is here with his new wife, Dina, who is the host, and likely does a ton more too, like running the checks, cashing out, paying bills, etc. Eric handles the kitchen and, I would assume ordering. Yup, it's a "mom and pop" place; same formula as he had before. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Atmosphere is cozy with about 12 tables or so, seating up to 8 people at a large table, but they could probably arrange something larger if necessary. We reserved on Open Table for 7:30, and Dina seated us promptly at a lovely deuce in the corner up front by the window.

Our server, Brian, was a delight, and we had fun with him, especially when I put on my Jerry Lewis voice!

We went to see Eric in the kitchen right away, and he was most happy to see us. He's a low key, very cordial gentleman. "I wish you had come sooner" he said. Better late than never!

PF is best described as an Italian / French restaurant, with the emphasis on Italian (the menu is on line). Frankly, there are only six pasta dishes! Of course, it's all about quality, not quantity, and Eric always delivers on the former.

Dinner:

We went for the Pix Fixe menu at $32.50 each.

I had the duck terrine for appetizer, which was superb, every bit as good as the one he had at BP.

My girlfriend had the Escargot, the preparation and serving of which was even superior to what Eric had at BP. Wow!

I then had Chicken Parm with Pene pasta. Now, on Thursday 11/5. I had the same at Matteo's in Boca, and it was very good, but Eric's was just in another league, between the sauce, seasoning, everything. I kid you not, the BEST Chick Parm I have ever had anywhere. He turned what some might consider a "pedestrian" Italian dish into a gourmet one. If the Pene pasta was any clue, his other pasta dishes should prove just the same.

My girlfriend had the Lemon Sole Livornese; outstanding!

Desert was chocolate mousse for me, and an apple caramel dessert for my girlfriend, plus Cappuccino and Espresso. All outstanding.

All-in-all, 5+ stars for our experience, especially when the cost is considered.

If you cannot enjoy a meal at this quaint little restaurant, then your standards are either out of bounds or just delusional!

• Visited December 2013
Newton, Massachusetts
“Awful name, surprisingly good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Most of the restaurants in Boca are in some sort of mall; this place is no different. Plus, its name indicates, at least to me, that vaccination will be required before the visit and antibiotics afterward.

However, I was very wrong. Once inside, you no longer feel like you're on N. Federal Highway, but perhaps in France, or Italy. The staff could not have been friendlier, and our charming waiter was one of the highlights. The food was delicious. Two people in our group thought the snapper was terrific. The wine was poured generously. The sunset menu was a bargain and we all enjoyed the guitarist who walked about, but don't count on that. He may not be there every night.

I look forward to the next visit.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A Perfect Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The food was delicious and the service exceptional. We were a large party and all agreed we will come back!

• Visited July 2013