“I was expecting more...” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Haverford, Pennsylvania
“I was expecting more...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I was really looking forward to having a meal at Morimoto's on this recent trip to Boca Raton. I am a fan of Chef Morimoto and I was kind of expecting to be "wowed".
First off the restaurant is tiny and right off the lobby of the Boca Raton Resort. It is colorful with a screen over the sushi giving the illusion of a huge aquarium. It is modern and was kind of fun.
I waitress was very nice and made us feel welcome.
The one thing that did happen during our dinner was that the female manager came out on the floor and was trying to schedule a meeting with the staff for future dates. The restaurant was pretty empty, but at least 3 tables had guests and someone was sitting at the bar. She was really loud and was talking across the restaurant getting everyone to commit on a meeting time and date. I understand this is important restaurant business, but please do it in private and off the floor. It was really annoying.
Next I can't complain about the sushi, it seemed fresh, I got what I ordered, but there was zero WOW factor. It was exactly the same as what I get at my little sushi joint back home. The prices were higher, but presentation and quality of the food was the same.
Maybe I was expecting too much, although I ate my meal, liked the service and decor it was not a meal I will remember a month for now - very average (except for the price).

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Boca Raton
“Fresh and amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Let me say that if you are a sushi lover you will taste the difference in the amazing fresh sushi!! You need to be a member of the Boca Raton Resort or you need to be a guest of the hotel to eat here. It is more expensive that I am used to paying but you get what you pay for! Chef Morimoto is friendly and he never minds a quick picture .

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
maryland
“sushi for you sushi for mi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

not the least expensive sushi and atmosphere is lacking but a good small casual place to dive into after a day in the sun. Edamame was good.

Visited October 2013
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Beautiful room with with excellent food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I had the pleasure of eating here while staying at the hotel. The sushi was definitely better than most sushi restaurants I have been to, and I do eat a lot of Sushi. It was definitely pricier than most, too. Some of the presentation was just beautiful. We had a sampling of different things, including uni, quail eggs and octopus. The hamachi was like butter!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fantastic culinary experience with chef in house”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Nestled in the Boca Raton Resort, Morimoto's provides the quintessential sushi bar experience. The chef himself was in the house preparing food. This was a special treat.